John Mara....You offically blew it....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by southerngirl View Post

I guess we have a different definition of many. After enduring the 70's four years removed from a super bowl is doing great to me.
    +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      We had three straight losing seasons, we needed a change desperately. And as usual you did it halfway.
      Instead of taking this team in a new direction, you hired our fired HC's hand picked replacement as HC. A coach who was wrong for the job in every way. A coach who has never been NFL head coach material. Tom Coughlin lost the team. Ben McAdoo never had it. He's soft and thin skinned. .............All in the name of "continuity".

Well continuity is what you got. Our team is officially irrelevant....and it's October.

Thanks for nothing.
      He blew it just as much by not sending Reese packing at the same time as Coughlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by southerngirl View Post

With all due respect tc didn't lose the team, Reese didn't give him one. Mara's mistake was getting rid of tom.
        "Lose the team" maybe not but let's not pretend that TCs time had not run it's course. I recall a lot of time management issues, preparations issues and end of the game collapses in the years leading up to him leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Tom had to go. He couldn't coach this team anymore. I'm glad he's in the front office in Jax, where he can still be effective. As long as he's not coaching.

As a head coach he was simply failing, and had been for many years. Those teams were under performing. His teams were undisciplined and dumb.
          Totally disagree.

If TC had this talent this team would be in the playoffs this year, like everyone expected them to be.

This year is all about a young HC that has earned no respect from his players. I get that you can criticize the players for it, and I understand the idea about rich young players "giving up."

But that is exactly why you need a HC like TC. Nobody on this team respects Mac, and I don't blame them.

Just MO...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward Cuff View Post

Not true. TC said AFTER he was hired that he was impressed with how many notebooks Ben had. TC never even implied that he hired Ben. How many interviews for the OC job?
            I'm sorry sir...but you are completely wrong. Quote from John Mara.................

"I laugh when some of you write some of that stuff," the Giants' president and CEO said on Tuesday. "A year ago I didn't know Ben McAdoo from Bob McAdoo. Some of you have written that we brought him in here and anointed him the next head coach. The first time I met him was after Tom had hired him and I went down and introduced myself and welcomed him. Tom interviewed a number of candidates last year for the offensive coordinator position, but the final decision was always going to be his. I think he made a good choice."
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
            X