What was Eli's best game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I posted the truth. Phil Simms, as tough and durable as he was and maybe still is, wouldn't have made it through that game.
    wow is all that comes to mind
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      The SF championship game represented an average game for Phil in his career as to the beating he took.
      In other words, Phil got killed in most every game of his career. Eli has no idea what it takes to get through a season of taking the kind of constant shots Phil always took.
      Buffy is just trying to stir up some ****.......Which is commendable.
      Not trying to stir anything up. Eli shakes off hits that Phil got injured on. Phil never took a beating like the one Eli did in that game and finished the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
        Blame your buddy BuffyBlue for the hijacking.
        I was gonna call you a clown but I deleted it. However, I didn't hijack anything.
        Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Heck, the first big hit in NFL that Eli took in the Philly game would have knocked Phil out the game.

Comment

Not trying to stir anything up. Eli shakes off hits that Phil got injured on. Phil never took a beating like the one Eli did in that game and finished the game.
            lol. its kinda waste of time no? i mean, no offense to simms whose top 10 of my favorite giants players all time, but to flat state the hellacious, 22 hits eli took in the NFC CG, was what Phil faced on avg for his career...i just dunno how to respond to that lol

im not saying phil didnt take shots. all qbs do. when u start getting up around 20 hits a game, the qb IS usually long gone. and that was no diff for simms. to imply simms, who was hurt multiple times in his career and missed extensive time, (not even imply, hes actually stating it literally) took anywhere near the beating eli faced in the nfc cg is just do completely devoid of reality that insane is the best description.

there wasnt 1 educated, unbiased analyst or commentator who didnt realize the level of pass rush eli faced. and buffy is right imo, simms wouldnt have made it thru. i dont think any qb besides eli would have. just bc that doesnt match anyones infallible opinion doesnt make it any less accurate.
            Last edited by giantsfan420; 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Heck, the first big hit in NFL that Eli took in the Philly game would have knocked Phil out the game.
              oh man i remember that. he was still unaware to the nfl level pass rush and the timing that qbs have to have go off in their head. he scrambled outside the pocket and was pretty much just chillen lol looking for someone to get open. he got folded in half. but popped right back up.

ive actually entertained the idea that eli would have actually been much more mobile had it not been for that exact hit. my reasoning being that eli actually had pretty quick feet in college. even early in his career, he wasnt as lead footed as he is now. and part of elis game at ole miss was actually PA roll outs and stuff of that sort.

i think that whole idea of trying to extend plays and open yourself up to a pass rush you cant really feel when outside the pocket with the eyes downfield was given up on after that hit. i know its not really a great theory, but i do think maybe theres some truth to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                Here's what you said:

That NFC Championship Game will be one of Eli Manning's prominant moments when he goes in to HoF. All respect to The Great Phil Simms but he wouldn't have made it through that game if he took all those hits that Eli did.

Clearly you failed to state anything factual, and only offered your opinion. But thanks for playing.
                The irony is that you actually think my comment was an insult to Phil Simms and it wasn't. Comparing the hits Phil took and got knocked out of games on and the ones Eli takes and shakes off, it is obvious that Phil probably doesn't finish that NFC Championship Game against San Francisco 49ers if he got hit like Eli did. It is like saying when someone makes a great throw "gee, that is a throw that even John Elway or Aaron Rodgers would be hard pressed to make." It is not an insult, it is using the person that is being compared to as the barometer. Meaning and I will go slow for you, Phil Simms was so tough and durable that EVEN he wouldn't have been able to finish that NFC Championship Game if he took the hits that Eli Manning did. It wasn't a knock on Phil, it was a factual statement based on empirical evidence of an historic nature.

Comment

Heck, the first big hit in NFL that Eli took in the Philly game would have knocked Phil out the game.
                  The fact that Eli is made of a synthetic rubbery composite material and has no skeleton does not make his tough.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    lol. its kinda waste of time no? i mean, no offense to simms whose top 10 of my favorite giants players all time, but to flat state the hellacious, 22 hits eli took in the NFC CG, was what Phil faced on avg for his career...i just dunno how to respond to that lol

im not saying phil didnt take shots. all qbs do. when u start getting up around 20 hits a game, the qb IS usually long gone. and that was no diff for simms. to imply simms, who was hurt multiple times in his career and missed extensive time, (not even imply, hes actually stating it literally) took anywhere near the beating eli faced in the nfc cg is just do completely devoid of reality that insane is the best description.

there wasnt 1 educated, unbiased analyst or commentator who didnt realize the level of pass rush eli faced. and buffy is right imo, simms wouldnt have made it thru. i dont think any qb besides eli would have. just bc that doesnt match anyones infallible opinion doesnt make it any less accurate.
                    Go rewatch the 85 Bears/Giants playoff game.

Comment

The fact that Eli is made of a synthetic rubbery composite material and has no skeleton does not make his tough.
                      MS, I am not stating that Eli is tougher than Phil, only that he is more durable. Both are tough SOBs but I think Phil had more of a mean streak in him, this is the guy that wanted to beat up Desmond Howard for stating his kid wasn't a good QB, lol.........

Comment

Go rewatch the 85 Bears/Giants playoff game.
                        Or opening night of 1987 bears Giants game....phil got mauled that game too
                        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

MS, I am not stating that Eli is tougher than Phil, only that he is more durable. Both are tough SOBs but I think Phil had more of a mean streak in him, this is the guy that wanted to beat up Desmond Howard for stating his kid wasn't a good QB, lol.........
                          Buffmiester......Eli never took the kind of shots, game in/game out that Phil took for his entire career.
                          Eli is durable because Eli avoids contact plus he's been lucky that no one has taken a shot at his knees.

Comment

I was gonna call you a clown but I deleted it. However, I didn't hijack anything.
                            You don't need to worry about me reporting you about the excessive name calling. Name call away. I wasn't kidding when i told you kids I found the lot of you amusing. As Agent Smith said, "We need more! more! more!" Sorry, you did hijacked something.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?31324-What-was-Eli-s-best-game&p=783390#post783390

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Simms took a lot of good shots but he also spent about a third of his career on the physios table. Eli hasn't missed a game in 8 years.
                              sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
                                Here's what you said:

That NFC Championship Game will be one of Eli Manning's prominant moments when he goes in to HoF. All respect to The Great Phil Simms but he wouldn't have made it through that game if he took all those hits that Eli did.

Clearly you failed to state anything factual, and only offered your opinion. But thanks for playing.

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                                The irony is that you actually think my comment was an insult to Phil Simms and it wasn't. Comparing the hits Phil took and got knocked out of games on and the ones Eli takes and shakes off, it is obvious that Phil probably doesn't finish that NFC Championship Game against San Francisco 49ers if he got hit like Eli did. It is like saying when someone makes a great throw "gee, that is a throw that even John Elway or Aaron Rodgers would be hard pressed to make." It is not an insult, it is using the person that is being compared to as the barometer. Meaning and I will go slow for you, Phil Simms was so tough and durable that EVEN he wouldn't have been able to finish that NFC Championship Game if he took the hits that Eli Manning did. It wasn't a knock on Phil, it was a factual statement based on empirical evidence of an historic nature.

The true irony is that you actually think your opinion on Giants football matters to me. But please do continue on the subject. Looks like you have at least one person riveted.

Comment

Working...
                                X