What was Eli's best game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    The fact that Eli is made of a synthetic rubbery composite material and has no skeleton does not make his tough.
    You are right...it is great to have a durable QB who despite taking a lot of hits, hasn't missed a game in years.
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
      Simms took a lot of good shots but he also spent about a third of his career on the physios table. Eli hasn't missed a game in 8 years.
      You are right...Simms was faaar from fragile.
      He took hits that are now illegal with alarming frequency.
      None of his injuries were minor; his "broken thumb" was so severe, it was only the skin that kept the thing attached to his hand.

Due was tough as nails, a toughness level that is no longer required for QB's.
      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        lol. the insanity in this thread has gone full max mode. lmao this is great.

yeah, really, that 2011 nfc cg was the avg for what simms faced...LMFAO...

and i saw something make the claim "you didnt state anything factual, only your opinion. thanks for playing." like stating ur opinion here is some sorta bad thing...well yeah to those few it actually is, but to see it so transparently in one of their messages is almost too much.
        Wow this was great and well said. I really don't think Simms got sacked 6 times a game and hurried on more then half his dropbacks.I'm not saying he's not tough but there were no factual statements to prove that. One last thing, this will probably make the "Simms fanboys" mad, but if he was getting hit that much maybe he should've gotten rid of the ball more instead of holding onto it. He did have a quick release.
        Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 06-13-2013, 05:25 PM.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• Both QB's are tough.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
            Wow this was great and well said. I really don't think Simms got sacked 6 times a game and hurried on more then half his dropbacks.I'm not saying he's not tough but there were no factual statements to prove that. One last thing, this will probably make the "Simms fanboys" mad, but if he was getting hit that much maybe he should've gotten rid of the ball more instead of holding onto it. He did have a quick release.
            There are 4 QB's in NFL history who have been sacked more times than Phil Simms.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• How is this a Eli vs Phil Simms toughest debate? You guys are LOSERS. I'm proud to say they are both tough SOBs that have the helped Giants win Super Bowls. Great players.

Comment

There are 4 QB's in NFL history who have been sacked more times than Phil Simms.
                Trust me if Eli didn't get rid of the ball most of the times he would probably be top 5 in being sacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                  Trust me if Eli didn't get rid of the ball most of the times he would probably be top 5 in being sacked.
                  I agree. That chuck 'n duck works well for him.

Comment

Better then it did for Simms.He didn't even do the chuck and duck and threw more ints.

Comment

Pick one: multiple SB wins or taking sacks to prove to you that he's as tough as Simms

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                        Or opening night of 1987 bears Giants game....phil got mauled that game too
                        That may be true but didnt he miss like 5 games in 87?

Just saying that durability isn't really up for debate. Eli has the third longest streak of not missing a game
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Well I guess who is smarter isnt up for debate
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                            That may be true but didnt he miss like 5 games in 87?

Just saying that durability isn't really up for debate. Eli has the third longest streak of not missing a game
                            And longest current for QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                              Pick one: multiple SB wins or taking sacks to prove to you that he's as tough as Simms
                              Its a false choice DC.

Tom Brady plays with the same style that Phil did and he has 3 rings.
                              Its not a choice between winning or being hurt.
                              To me..its just a matter of the kind of playing style I admire the most. Its just my point of view. I speak only for myself.

Eli is a fine player and by definition a tough guy since he plays QB in the NFL. But the playing style of a guy who stands tall in the pocket and will take, even a full frontal hit, to complete a pass.
                              I can't argue that Eli's way is better for survival. I just admire Phil's way more. But as I said....that's just me.

Comment

• You Phil Cutlists are insane. I'm a Phil realist!!!
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X