Mark Herzlich On Fast Track To Become Giants' Starting MLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    True, I'm just worried of what I seen of him last year.
    You make a very valid point. I know I've been harping on the linebacker position pretty much non-stop, but now what is done is done. The draft is over, and unless something unseen happens, Reese has made his free agent move by signing Curry.

Paysinger, Herzlich, and Williams still have some upside to them, though, so I'm holding out hope.

It would be cool if Herzlich turns into another Gary Reasons....but that's setting my sights pretty high.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-12-2013, 01:43 PM.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

umm I'm rooting for paysinger the kid flies all over the field. Herz got destroyed in that pittsburg game. Knowing the defense is great but you have to be able to execute.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
        This kind of scares me.
        Running on hope....we don't have much of a choice at this point.

Hope that Paysinger, Herzlich, and Williams improve.

Hope that Rivers and Curry can stay healthy and live up to their 1st round billing.

Hope that Connor is at least on par with Blackburn.

Hope that Moore and Taylor handle some of the duties that we normally expect out of linebackers.

At least a few of these guys have to be better than so far in their respective careers, or else this unit, and this defense, has some problems.
        Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-12-2013, 02:08 PM.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
          You make a very valid point. I know I've been harping on the linebacker position pretty much non-stop, but now what is done is done. The draft is over, and unless something unseen happens, Reese has made his free agent move by signing Curry.

Paysinger, Herzlich, and Williams still have some upside to them, though, so I'm holding out hope.

It would be cool if Herzlich turns into another Gary Reasons....but that's setting my sights pretty high.
          Now man I'm glad you have high hopes for him. I should be more confident in him too.I hope your right.He is young he was out of football for a while.Maybe this year with a full offseason working with the first team he will do something special. I like Paysinger too, but I still think our best would be, Williams, Rivers, and Conor (if Herz doesn't improve)
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I hope coaching staff is seeing something on the field now, rather than "he works hard, he's a good kid" being the reason for frontrunnerige.

I remember someone on the boards comparing him to Brian Urlacher. I remember thinking to myself, "why?" First thought was that he was a white middle linebacker.

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him. I shouldn't be commenting on this thread then. This is what 2 cups of coffee in 1/2 hour will do to you though; make you think your thoughts are worth posting.
            Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Nows the time to prove it, only he can prove us wrong
              The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Im not sure if this is a good thing or not. Time will tell, I do know that Linebackers especially MLB is a real sore spot with me. I don't understand REESE not giving more importance to that particular position MLB that is. Our run defense is atrocious because of the MLB position and Herzlich hasn't show he is any good at stopping the run and plugging the hole. We all know he cant cover worth a damn -- So this isn't a good sign

Peace
                Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
                  I hope coaching staff is seeing something on the field now, rather than "he works hard, he's a good kid" being the reason for frontrunnerige.

I remember someone on the boards comparing him to Brian Urlacher. I remember thinking to myself, "why?" First thought was that he was a white middle linebacker.

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him. I shouldn't be commenting on this thread then. This is what 2 cups of coffee in 1/2 hour will do to you though; make you think your thoughts are worth posting.
                  Well, he was somewhat similar to Urlacher pre cancer and was even projected to be an early 1st rounder so the comparison wasn't too far off.

Comment

Here comes ten pages of hate.

Comment

I hope he steps up his game. If the mark herzlich of 2012 starts at mlb, we are screwed.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        Here comes ten pages of hate.
                        I'm not hating on anyone, I'm stating FACTS! I'm very impressed that herzlich even made an NFL team with all he has been through with the Cancer. In fact he has already done pretty much the impossible by beating the cancer and still being able to play pro football -- That's quite a feat in and of itself.

I am saying that unless he is at least 50% better than he has shown on the field we are in serious trouble at the MLB Position because all things being equal -- On most teams in the NFL he would be 3rd string if he was lucky

Peace
                        Dan

Comment

Same could be said about Blackburn.

Comment

This sounds promising:

"There is plenty of competition at each spot, but Herzlich has distinguished himself in the early going, including interceptions in back-to-back practices last week."

From here: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia.../mark-herzlich
                            "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Same could be said about Blackburn.
                              I did say it about Blackburn -- In fact I also Said Blackburn wouldn't even dress on another team

Peace
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X