No announcement yet.

Mark Herzlich On Fast Track To Become Giants' Starting MLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always rooted for Herzlich. The most encouraging thing about the article, in my opinion, is his thought pattern. He went to Costco after OTA'S to buy a chalk board to master the defensive assignment. He figures that he can out work his competition but if he can master the defense it will make him instinctive!!!!!!!!! I love that perspective.

Comment

herz was a top 15 draft propsect pre cancer.

the more time we get away from that illness the better.

people have been bettin against mark for sometime now. he hasnt backed down yet. im gonna bet on him and that he actually looks like a completely diff player. seems to me hes doing all that he can so that he can at least be in position to make plays. from there, its physical. so cant hate on him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezely View Post
        I have always rooted for Herzlich. The most encouraging thing about the article, in my opinion, is his thought pattern. He went to Costco after OTA'S to buy a chalk board to master the defensive assignment. He figures that he can out work his competition but if he can master the defense it will make him instinctive!!!!!!!!! I love that perspective.
        nice post. i agree.

Comment

i was the first one to board, there plenty of room here guys on the "our LB core is actually going to surprise the world and become a legitimate, fearful aspect (for other teams lol) of our D" bandwagon.

i believe we're gonna see the perfect storm of players finally living up to their potential with curry, herz, and and rivers. if all 3 play to their potential, we'd have one of if not the best lb unit in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            i was the first one to board, there plenty of room here guys on the "our LB core is actually going to surprise the world and become a legitimate, fearful aspect (for other teams lol) of our D" bandwagon.

i believe we're gonna see the perfect storm of players finally living up to their potential with curry, herz, and and rivers. if all 3 play to their potential, we'd have one of if not the best lb unit in the league.
            I agree only if Rivers and J-Will are healthy. But yeah I like the fact that we have a lot of guys with something to prove this year at the linebacker position.
            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I jumped on your ban wagon back when you first said it...
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

I am with you.

Comment

I still have my doubts (last year was tough to watch) but I would love to see him become the player that he was suppose to be pre- cancer.

Comment

i was happy when they signed Herzlich as an UDFA because he was beastly in college before he got sick. that being said, his only worthwhile contributions thus far have been on ST.

he was brutal as a LB last season. he has his work cut out for him. good to hear he's up for the challenge, and hopefully now being a few years into his NFL career and a few years since being sick, he will be in top form.

Comment

Originally posted by radar-ray View Post
                      If Herzlich is our starting MLB, it's going to be ugly! He is 3rd team lb at best.
                      Have you been watching the practices?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If he doesn't get the job this year, I don't think he ever will. It's your time Mark, go get it.

Comment

Herzlich was so bad last year, it is hard to imagine that he could have improved enough to be an NFL quality starter.

Comment

I just hope he is the frontrunner because of what he has shown, not because none of the other candidates are just as bad or worse than he was last year. I really do hope he becomes the feel-good story we thought he might be when he became a Giant.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Caption should read "herzlich starting MLB by default "

Comment

Being the only returning MLB on the roster it shouldn't come as a huge surprsie that he plays with the first team in OTA. Curry and Conner are just begining to pick uo the defense. Once they do, Herz will probably drop back to second or third team. This is a feel good story about nothing. If he starts in the third or fourth pre-season game, then maybe it's something to take note of.

Comment

Working...
                                X