Mark Herzlich On Fast Track To Become Giants' Starting MLB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Great story for this kid but the way he played last year makes me nervous about our linebackers this year.
    +1. I wish that I could see this as the glass being half full, but I don't.

Comment

I'd take Rivers, Curry, Connors over Herz! Unless he has an epiphany, I'd pass!

Comment

hey, def. fair bear.

but i still am holding out hope that these guys become the players envisioned when drafted/in college.

Comment

and Herz, imo, while he obviously struggled, he did have some plays where he flashed some nice skill/talent. i go back to the GB or Philly game @ home irrc, Herz blew up the LOS on a blitz, got into the backfield immediately and forced a quick throw. the pass was completed iirc, but i still noticed the athleticism Herz had. he hurdled the LOS and was in the backfield before the QB finished his drop back.

I also remember a few plays where Herz dropped off into coverage and showed some instincts.

im ultimately saying that he's shown me enough flashes to hold out hope he puts it all together.

Comment

That just shows you haw bad our MLB situation really is. This kid may have been a great MLB before cancer. But he is terrible now. He looked terrible last year. Im just not sold. Blackburn can still start over him if we had him
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Now man I'm glad you have high hopes for him. I should be more confident in him too.I hope your right.He is young he was out of football for a while.Maybe this year with a full offseason working with the first team he will do something special. I like Paysinger too, but I still think our best would be, Williams, Rivers, and Conor (if Herz doesn't improve)
              If anyone on this team deserves extra time to prove himself, I'm going with the guy who beat cancer and went undrafted.

We could be pleasantly surprised this season....if not, it's not like we blew a high pick on him....I'm totally cool with him contributing on special teams if he doesn't grade out as our best MLB option.
              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                If anyone on this team deserves extra time to prove himself, I'm going with the guy who beat cancer and went undrafted.

We could be pleasantly surprised this season....if not, it's not like we blew a high pick on him....I'm totally cool with him contributing on special teams if he doesn't grade out as our best MLB option.
                That's true he wasn't a high pick. Hey I hope the kid does awesome this year, but watching him get pushed all over the field last year makes me nervous.
                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

I just hope he doesn't cost us a game...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

That's true he wasn't a high pick. Hey I hope the kid does awesome this year, but watching him get pushed all over the field last year makes me nervous.
                    You and me both.

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    I just hope he doesn't cost us a game...
                    You and me both (Volume 2).
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

This LB situation has gone on way to long, we need a second dose of LT, Carson, Banks for a good 10 year stretch
                      Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I'm rooting for the kid, but in all honesty....this doesn't say much about our lb corp.
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Herzy will be the first LB that ran a 4.9 in the 40 that was a playmaker. Speed isn't everything, but you need to have some baseline athleticism to be a productive NFL starter.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            Herzy will be the first LB that ran a 4.9 in the 40 that was a playmaker. Speed isn't everything, but you need to have some baseline athleticism to be a productive NFL starter.
                            Spikes isn't a playmaker in NE?

Comment

This guy Herzlich is a natural but slow OLB............he will never make a MLB....he lacks foot speed, power, and instincts.........also not a verbal commander
                              He has gotten plenty of time at MLBer already and has been an unmitigated disaster

We should talk Urlacher out of retirement..........he did not really want to retire.......the Bears wanted young blood

We are really sucking wind at MLBer..........hopefully the new guy they signed steps up

Comment

Working...
                              X