Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone care if Giants win this week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donít think theyíll win with backup players. Too many injured starters.

Comment

If the Giants lose this game, then things are even worse than we think.

Comment

Originally posted by lasion2 View Post
        Play hard. Have some pride. Play disciplined, clean football. Entertain me.
        Exactly. Entertain me. Far as losing goes, each loss puts them farther away from a winning culture. Those who think they can go 1-15 and high picks will solve their issues haven't watched teams like the browns and raiders for the last 35 years.

The stink of losing doesn't wash off as easily as you think. A high 1st rd pick does not a culture change, but continued losing does a culture make.

All those charging headlong into the wasteland with plans of leaving MacAdoo there as if he were Henry Hudson dumped off on a glacier will find there are endless miles of frozen tundra in front of them before a few survivors( remaining current fans, players) manage to straggle out of the wilderness.

Once Eli is gone, only the wastelands await .We will all be older men before they hoist another Lombardi in East Rutherford.

Be careful what you wish for.You may get it, but you may find it was not what you really wanted after all.

Comment

Can't ever root against them when they're playing.

But ownership is blind, and they won't make changes at 4-12. San Fran is a somewhat easy game, even for this mess of a team, so they would need to find 2 more wins somewhere the rest of the way.

Sitting at 4-12, I can just see John Mara saying, "Well, they closed the year admirably at 3-5. We believe in Ben McAdoo, and Jerry knows this is on him." So they retain everybody. And then Jerry Reese says, clenching his plastic water bottle at the podium, "This on me, but everyone's responsible," and "Ben McAdoo is smarter than everyone in the universe."

sigpic

Comment

IF...

Ben McAdoo is smarter than Jerry Reese, per Jerry Reese
            ...and Jerry Reese is smarter than John Mara, per John Mara

THEN...

We're ****ed
            sigpic

Comment

ply well until halftime, then bring in the subs

This is pre-season II

Comment

Originally posted by lasion2 View Post
                Play hard. Have some pride. Play disciplined, clean football. Entertain me.
                you hit the mark...

Comment

Originally posted by NYG#80 View Post
                  Donít think theyíll win with backup players. Too many injured starters.
                  spot duty for back ups is a good thing....I for one dont want to win a game but for Philly and Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post
                    Beating a winless 49er team does not even count as a moral win to me....If it was the Cowboys or Eagles, hell yes it would be nice. Right now, I would guess the word "apathy" fits best across the NYG fandom....
                    On the contrary, I care very much if the Giants win this game. Meaning, it will piss me off. At this point, nothing good comes with winning.
                    Last edited by FBomb; 11-10-2017, 03:38 PM.
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Beating a winless 49er team does not even count as a moral win to me....If it was the Cowboys or Eagles, hell yes it would be nice. Right now, I would guess the word "apathy" fits best across the NYG fandom....
                      I want a high draft pick and gift games against a team worse then the Giants doesn't help!
                      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

I hope they play well but then lose in like the last couple mins or seconds for the draft.

Comment

The swarm intelligence predicts san fran to win by 4-6 points.>>>>>>>>>

https://www.inverse.com/article/3811...i-giants-49ers

take the 9ers with the 2.5 points in your free weekly pool at work! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                            I am numb all week, but when the game is actually on, and when I am watching, I actually want them to win.

A large part of me wants us to lose the rest of the way, get the #1 pick, get a franchise QB and a new HC, but when they are actually playing, I want them to win.

Don't know if that makes sense to anyone else.
                            It looks like you're thinking about the team's present and future in a good way at the same time.

Comment

I am not rooting for us to lose but I couldn't care less about winning on Sunday. I couldn't care less about even watching the game.
                              The big question for me on Sunday is will the temperature get over 40 and winds die down enough so that I can golf with my son who's home for the week-end.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

only 2 people care- Ben MacAdoo and Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                                X