Don't be surprised if Mcadoo is here next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be surprised if Mcadoo is here next season

Todd Bowles and the Jets were in the same situation last year. Coming off a 10-6 record the following year, the Jets had high expectations for the 2016 season especially since Brady was suspended the first 4 games. Everyone thought the Jets would win the division and make a run into the playoffs, but what happen: Ryan Fitzpatrick had a bad season and the defense went from top 10 in 2015 to bottom in 2016. Both the Giants and Jets over-performed the previous year and became a disappointment the following year. Todd Bowles was on the hot seat back then and now, there are talks about extending him. I believe you can't fire someone after 1 bad season. Regarding the Anonymous players talking about the head coach and players leaving the facility, this is what happens when you lose like this. This is clearly a bad season and it happens in sports.

I wont be surprised.

Comment

Me either. There are alot of people who want him gone and I don't blame the fans for saying that because how this season is going, but you can't fire someone after 1 bad season. I mean Todd Bowles is still there for the Jets and they are 4-5.

Comment

Originally posted by giantslover1990 View Post
        Me either. There are alot of people who want him gone and I don't blame the fans for saying that because how this season is going, but you can't fire someone after 1 bad season. I mean Todd Bowles is still there for the Jets and they are 4-5.
        Dont get me wrong, I didnt want him in the first place, and if the Giants continue to play like they did Sunday he will be gone. But I will not be surprised if they play better, win and few more games and he gets another chance next year.

Comment

LOL there is less than 30% chance not fired.
          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

If they play the next 8 game like they did on Sunday vs. the Rams, I expect alot of people to be gone. I think John Mara will give him another chance next year, but well see what happens during the offseason.

Comment

The situations are not comparable whatsoever. jets locker room never imploded on Bowles. They had a historically streaky quarterback hit rock bottom.

Comment

Last year, the Jets had more issue than the quarterback. The offensive line was an issue for them and the jets defense ranked towards the bottom especially in pass defense. They went from a 10-6 team to a 5-11 team in 2016. Todd Bowles was on the hot seat then and now he might get a extension. Giants went 11-5 last year and so far they are 1-7 this year with 8 games left (we don't even know what the final record will be) Everyone was happy with Mcadoo last year and now since the team is losing, he should be fired. Is Mcadoo perfect? No. Can he do better? Yes. I think you shouldn't fire him just yet. If he stays and has a bad season next year then I agree he should be fired then, but not now. Well see what happens during the offseason.
                Last edited by giantslover1990; 11-10-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Remember when the Jets loss to the chiefs last year after Ryan threw 6 interception? There were issues in the locker room with players and all. This is an emotional/intense sport and when you lose, things like that will happen. When you win, then everyone is happy.

Comment

With the way the locker room is revolting, I just don't see how he's back. It's one thing to have a bad season, it's another to have your players openly going against you.

Comment

Originally posted by TailgatesofOH View Post
                      With the way the locker room is revolting, I just don't see how he's back. It's one thing to have a bad season, it's another to have your players openly going against you.
                      It's possible that he won't be the head coach next season, just stating my opinion that he should be given another chance. I won't be surprised if John Mara l gives him a chance, but well see what he ends up doing. I never saw a season like this, but these things happen because they are 1-7. I bet you the players that say that is either playing bad or hurt. (Maybe Eli Apple, maybe someone else)

Comment

Don't be surprised, they're not going to win a 3rd Superbowl with Eli Manning either way. The past 5 seasons and the current season should have been enough of a hint.

Comment

If I can't be surprised can I be disappointed and angry ? Like I am now.

Comment

If we lose Sunday, he won’t make it through the day on Monday.

Comment

All he has to do to keep his job is to beat an 0-9 team? If being a successful NFL coach is as easy as reciting a binder, we'd all be NFL head coaching candidates then.
                              Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 11-10-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X