Don't be surprised if Mcadoo is here next season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post

What proven GM type of talent would come on board knowing that he is going to be saddles with a marginal HC and when the time comes to replace the HC, the decision will not be his? The only people we will find for that job are unproven commodities who would be in a no lost situation to skip a couple of levels and put GM NFL team on their resume.

This brings me back to one of my recent themes, JM needs to hire the guy between him and the team first, a real football guy, a real business leader, a guy who knows talent and how to build an organization..........not saddled by loyalty and nostalgia.

JM has to recognize that being viewed as a wise franchise owner is a much higher calling than trying to run a comlicated organization.
    I agree but IMO the owner has no incentive to do such a thing. He has all ready proven he can build a winning organization . So I would ask why should he place the the future of the franchise in an unproven commodity .

If I were in his situation i would not. If he does allow the keys to the kitchen and it proves to be a success he would question his ability to govern. If it is an utter failure he then would question his ability to make the proper choice. It is a paradoxical situation for him .
    Last edited by TEM; 11-11-2017, 02:23 PM.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I don't see how an offseason fixes this team with the same front office

Comment

There is no way in hell Ben will be back. He lost his job last Sunday, from this point on he is a lame duck coach.

Comment

Where is the proof that Mara makes the final decision on draft picks etc? He's never struck me as a meddlesome owner.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

An 0-9 team with tons of injuries and a struggling rookie QB. Almost unfathomable that they could lose this game
            Haven't the Giants played to their opponents level the past few years. I think we will see by halftime which way it will go

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
              There is no way in hell Ben will be back. He lost his job last Sunday, from this point on he is a lame duck coach.
              As has been said countless times on these boards, the Mara's are very patient. I expect a minimum of 1 more year and possibly two with Reese and McAdoo.

Comment

I think the key is those three home division games at the end of the season. If they give up 40pts to both the Cowboys and Eagles then I think it'll be tough for McAdoo to keep his job. If they can win one of the three games and keep it respectable in the other two then maybe. I lean towards him staying.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post

As has been said countless times on these boards, the Mara's are very patient. I expect a minimum of 1 more year and possibly two with Reese and McAdoo.
                  Mara left the game early, he never does that. He wanted to fire coughlin after the loss to the Jaguars in 2014, Ben is not Tom. Mara could not possibly sell bringing him and Reese back unless they string along some wins down the stretch which is highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post

I would not be surprised to see them both back next year. But I think it will depend on how much more the wheels come off the rest of this year. If Mac can rally to win 5 or 6 games this year, given the devastating injuries at WR and the fact he went 11-5 last year, I bet both are back.

Wealthy peeps understand a business cycle. What they don't handle well is embarrassment. One more home game like last week and all bets are off.

My bet is we beat the the niners handily and delay this conversation for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

An 0-9 team with tons of injuries and a struggling rookie QB. Almost unfathomable that they could lose this game
                      This is a 1-7 low scoring team that lost to the 2-6 Bucs. Totally fathomable... Any game can be lost if not enough points are scored since the game ultimately comes down to points.

Comment

aint happening
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
                          Spoken like a person who has followed this team for about 10 minutes

No one should be selling themselves on the idea that McAdoo has a less than zero % chance of returning next season.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I think there is less than a 10% chance he is there next year. He has completely lost the team. I have watched the Giants for over three decades and I have never once seen that pathetic of a lack of effort by the players this whole time. Especially in a home game.

I also thought the stuff he said in the press conference didn't help his cause. He would not even admit that it was embarrassing. If I'm Mara watching that my jaw is hitting the floor.

I also think it's 100% certain that Reese will be gone, and the new GM pick should be able to either pick the new head coach himself or at least have a huge say in who it is. I don't like the idea of foisting an unsuccessful hot seat coach on a brand new GM that came in from outside the organization. I am hopeful that Mara will agree with this.

I think the fact that Bowles didn't get fired after last year is apples and oranges. That team was bad and was expected to be bad. This year's Giants team had Super Bowl aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                              I think there is less than a 10% chance he is there next year. He has completely lost the team. I have watched the Giants for over three decades and I have never once seen that pathetic of a lack of effort by the players this whole time. Especially in a home game.

I also thought the stuff he said in the press conference didn't help his cause. He would not even admit that it was embarrassing. If I'm Mara watching that my jaw is hitting the floor.

I also think it's 100% certain that Reese will be gone, and the new GM pick should be able to either pick the new head coach himself or at least have a huge say in who it is. I don't like the idea of foisting an unsuccessful hot seat coach on a brand new GM that came in from outside the organization. I am hopeful that Mara will agree with this.

I think the fact that Bowles didn't get fired after last year is apples and oranges. That team was bad and was expected to be bad. This year's Giants team had Super Bowl aspirations.
                              I give him a 75% chance he will be back and Reese has a betters odds than Mac does.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

if Ben and Eli continue to struggle in final 8 games and we win only 1 or 2 more games then they are both gone....If Ben starts Webb and the O shows life and we win a few more games Ben is back and Eli is gone

Comment

Working...
                                X