all in on D Webb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all in on D Webb

Just read an article on the QBs available next draft, and apparently none of them are sure-fire prospects.
    D Webb has ideal size, elite arm talent, some mobility,great attitude, and is a football junkie.
    There is, as far as I know, NO reason to believe that ANY of the QBs available in next draft are SURELY going to turn out better than, or even AS GOOD, as Webb will turn out to be.
    I don't really know much about Webb or the other guys, but I'm just saying he MIGHT be the best of them all, and he's ALREADY ON OUR TEAM !!!!!!
    I'm thinking, from what little I've read, that Davis might be in the mold of Alex Smith or Matt Ryan.
    We just need to see if he has "ice in his veins".
    His, already demonstrated, tenacity for learning, study and preparation is a large part of what eventually puts that "ice" in those veins, I think.

NEW EDITION TO ORIGINAL POST:
    I know that we've not seen enough of Webb to go"all in".
    I just the language that I did to create an image of optimism regarding DW. It seemed like he was being forgotten.
    thank you.
    Last edited by boxcar willie; 01-26-2018, 07:35 PM.

So let's get chubb, Nelson of Barkley

Comment

LOL

Comment

I would love it if he turned out great, i understand people wanting to go out and get a new qb, but wouldnt it be better if he was already on the roster??

If Gettleman believes webb is the future we can focus on Chubb, Nelson, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, etc

who knows.... well actually 1 man knows, our GM
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Isnt Davis Webb even less of a "sure thing" which is why he went in the 3rd round? We still have yet to see him throw 1 pass in a real game. Guys like Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield are much better prospects than what Webb was. Hence getting drafted earlier.

Not that I dont like Webb or think he cant take over for Eli, but he has as much a shot (or less) than those other QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Isnt Davis Webb even less of a "sure thing" which is why he went in the 3rd round? We still have yet to see him throw 1 pass in a real game. Guys like Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield are much better prospects than what Webb was. Hence getting drafted earlier.

Not that I dont like Webb or think he cant take over for Eli, but he has as much a shot (or less) than those other QBs.
            They are all a crapshoot
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
              Just read an article on the QBs available next draft, and apparently none of them are sure-fire prospects.
              D Webb has ideal size, elite arm talent, some mobility,great attitude, and is a football junkie.
              There is, as far as I know, NO reason to believe that ANY of the QBs available in next draft are SURELY going to turn out better than, or even AS GOOD, as Webb will turn out to be.
              I don't really know much about Webb or the other guys, but I'm just saying he MIGHT be the best of them all, and he's ALREADY ON OUR TEAM !!!!!!
              I'm thinking, from what little I've read, that Davis might be in the mold of Alex Smith or Matt Ryan.
              His, already demonstrated, tenacity for learning, study and preparation is a large part of what eventually puts that "ice" in those veins, I think.
              If the Giants really thought Webb is the answer, he would have played last year.....it is clear they didn’t see him as the answer as they chose to play that stiff Geno instead.

Comment

I agree

how can we "go all in on Webb" if we haven't even seen him take a regular season snap...so he too would be considered not a "sure fire" prospect...Dont get we wrong, I would be more than happy if Webb is our guy but at this point it's all conjecture....

Comment

gettleman saying he doesnt know who he is. i think im all out on Davis. for successor anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

If Gettleman believes webb is the future we can focus on Chubb, Nelson, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, etc

who knows.... well actually 1 man knows, our GM

DG said yesterday he know nothing about webb

"I know nothing [about him],” Gettleman said. “I know that he’s a double transfer. I'’ve spent some time talking to him. He seems like a great kid. I know he followed Eli around and is learning how to be a pro. That’s what I know.”"

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                      WHY do YOU TYPE like THIS?
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post

DG said yesterday he know nothing about webb

"I know nothing [about him],” Gettleman said. “I know that he’s a double transfer. I'’ve spent some time talking to him. He seems like a great kid. I know he followed Eli around and is learning how to be a pro. That’s what I know.”"
                        He can't come out and say Webb is the future as that would impact our draft strategy. Teams would know we aren't drafting a quarterback and strategies would change. Though, I believe he truly doesn't know anything about Webb.. thanks Mara and Mcadoo
                        That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post

He can't come out and say Webb is the future as that would impact our draft strategy. Teams would know we aren't drafting a quarterback and strategies would change. Though, I believe he truly doesn't know anything about Webb.. thanks Mara and Mcadoo
                          Nobody knows anything about Webb until they give him some real time to play

Comment

Guys like Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield are much better prospects than what Webb was.
                            Not really man. Here are the knocks on Webb coming out.
                            • Poor decision-making
                            • Pre-determines too many throws
                            • Stares down receivers, reads
                            • Needs to improve reading defenses, reading coverage
                            • Will need to learn operating a huddle
                            • Will need to learn working under center
                            • Will need to learn and improve footwork
                            • Lacks composure when faced with a rush
                            • Gets happy feet
                            • Gets rattled by the rush
                            • Pressure effects his accuracy

That is stuff that good coaching and experience can fix. Rosen has major injury concerns, Allen has terrible accuracy, Mayfield is small (still might make it, love his fire) and Darnold has accuracy / turn over issues. I would not say any of them are MUCH better than Webb. I think Webb would have greatly benefited from having 1 team and coach during college to fix his flaws.

I'm in no way saying Webb is the answer, as much as I want him to be. But there are not sure fire QBs in this draft and not one is a whole lot better than Webb was coming out.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Nobody knows anything about Webb until they give him some real time to play
                              Not true at all. He has been in that building for a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X