CRUZ SIGNED!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYGAiG88 View Post
    I just have a hard time seeing him going before the start of pre-season without a long term deal, that's a huge risk to take for him...But you never know.
    You would think but more players might be tempted to gamble on themselves ala Flacco last year. All it takes is for negotiations to go sour and it's a decent possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post
      We've also gone from having "major worries" at WR to arguably having one of the meanest receiving corps in the League.

Nicks-Cruz-Murphy-Randle-Myers....DANG!!
      Assuming Nicks can stay on the field, you are right. But Randle has reportedly been pretty impressive in OTAs.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

So, does this mean that Cruz will be disgruntled all year?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          You would think but more players might be tempted to gamble on themselves ala Flacco last year. All it takes is for negotiations to go sour and it's a decent possibility.
          He wants a long term deal here and they will get to that. If Cruz is the most productive receiver for the 3rd straight year, his value is going to rise.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
            No? If anything, he's going to bust his tail to prove he is worth whatever amount was reported he was seeking.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

"I'm going to sign my tender today and will continue talks for a long-term deal before camp starts" - Seems confident and hopeful a long-term deal gets done before camp. Maybe he doesn't want to take the risk of getting hurt.

Anyone think the FO threatened him by saying they will reduce his salary?

Comment

He is essentially taking the exact path that Mike Wallace took. Wallace played hard last year.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Absolutely not. He's making it possible to work on his skill sets at training camp while continuing to negotiate his long term contract. A scenario first publicly mentioned by John Mara.

Comment

We've also gone from having "major worries" at WR to arguably having one of the meanest receiving corps in the League.

YUP. With the potential for a wide open running game! I'm excited
                    "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

"I'm going to sign my tender today and will continue talks for a long-term deal before camp starts" - Seems confident and hopeful a long-term deal gets done before camp. Maybe he doesn't want to take the risk of getting hurt.

Why would they "threaten" Cruz? It's an option, these people are gown ups

Comment

If we can block, our offense could be lethal when you also add in the home rin hitter potential that Wilson provides.

Comment

I see no evidence of that, but it's a possibility...
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

One thing people haven't said in all this, is that it's also a risk for the Giants to let Cruz play under this tender? If he does have a hell of a year for the third straight season, he'll be getting interest from nearly all the teams and will be commanding no less than $10million.

The Giants can't afford to pay him that, especially if they want to keep Nicks too. JR needs to get him signed up now for $8/$9million.

It's a risk both ways...exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              He wants a long term deal here and they will get to that. If Cruz is the most productive receiver for the 3rd straight year, his value is going to rise.
                              Correct but the long term deal could be put on hold until the end of the 2013 season. It could be done tomorrow. We really have no signs pointing to either scenario other than wants. Many players and teams have wanted to get a deal done before training camp but failed to do so. We'll just have to see my friend.

Comment

According to Mike Florio, he can still hold out for a while longer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...till-possible/

Comment

Working...
                                X