This may come as a shock but we have the 5th best RB IN THE NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

link? why meaningless? what stat isn't meaningless?
    True. All stats are meaningless but the OP was using yards per carry so that's why I checked it as well.

You don't need a link, you can go to NFL.com and sort RB stats anyway you want. That's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
      No your right "............yards per carry is totally meaningless for a RB

WHO WANTS A RB WHO ADVANCES THE BALL?????

people like Jim Brown at 6 YPC WERE CHUMPS

we want 1.6 YPC like Perkins

Never said Darkwa wasn't a good back. That's your projection. I think he's playing well.

If that was your point perhaps you undermined it by trying to support it with easily disproved BS instead of just saying, "Darkwa is playing well and the Giants have a run game with him in there."

Of course that cuts way down on the arguments so scratch that idea.

Comment

Yeah we cut Ryan and glorified the horrific David Wilson

Explain to me why Demontre Moore wasn't coached up and kept?

Giants make a lot of head scratching moves
        David Wilson made the pro bowl as a return man his rookie year and averaged 4.4 YPC behind a horrible offensive line in his 1 1/2 year career.
        Demontre Moore has a lot of talent but he's too dumb too be coached up (several coaches have tried).

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

True. All stats are meaningless but the OP was using yards per carry so that's why I checked it as well.

You don't need a link, you can go to NFL.com and sort RB stats anyway you want. That's what I did.
          nfl.com confirms espn's stat that the op posted.
          http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

If you exclude backs with less than 50 carries, orleans darkwa is indeed 5th on the list in yards per carry(i.e sorting the list by yards per attempt). That fact is true.

Comment

nfl.com confirms espn's stat that the op posted.
            http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

If you exclude backs with less than 50 carries, orleans darkwa is indeed 5th on the list in yards per carry(i.e sorting the list by yards per attempt). That fact is true.
            If we exclude left handed backs, where is he?

50 is pretty arbitrary. If the backs donít have essentially the same number of carries, itís just a cherry pick.

Again, Iím not knocking Darkwa in any way, as said above.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

If we exclude left handed backs, where is he?

50 is pretty arbitrary. If the backs donít have essentially the same number of carries, itís just a cherry pick.

Again, Iím not knocking Darkwa in any way, as said above.
              understood. but what the op did was quote an espn published stat. which was exactly what espn published. people kept saying the stat wasn't true, but it in fact was. just saying it was quoted correctly.

Comment

No your right "............yards per carry is totally meaningless for a RB

WHO WANTS A RB WHO ADVANCES THE BALL?????

people like Jim Brown at 6 YPC WERE CHUMPS

we want 1.6 YPC like Perkins
                Lol.. You are funny and entertaining. I will give you that.

Comment

understood. but what the op did was quote an espn published stat. which was exactly what espn published. people kept saying the stat wasn't true, but it in fact was. just saying it was quoted correctly.
                  I think what threw people off is saying Darkwa was a top 5 rb and ypc proves that.

Comment

Fair enough, poppi grande!

Comment

• Still pumping along at 5 YPC, making 1st downs on short yds and even punched one in on the two point conversion.......toughest run in football

He is the Energizer Bunny............I heard him speaking on the pre-game on WFAN......he attributes his new found health to lots of massages and eating healthy.....says Rashad taught him those habits

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                        Still pumping along at 5 YPC, making 1st downs on short yds and even punched one in on the two point conversion.......toughest run in football

He is the Energizer Bunny............I heard him speaking on the pre-game on WFAN......he attributes his new found health to lots of massages and eating healthy.....says Rashad taught him those habits
                        bad oline debunked, now no run game also debunked, id imagine the Eli crowd is scrambling now. pun intended

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post

bad oline debunked, now no run game also debunked, id imagine the Eli crowd is scrambling now. pun intended
                          Nothing has been debunked. They have OL that are either good at pass blocking or good at run blocking. None are great at both. So depending on which ones are hurt week to week, we either get decent pass pro or decent run blocking. You never see both.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Nothing has been debunked. They have OL that are either good at pass blocking or good at run blocking. None are great at both. So depending on which ones are hurt week to week, we either get decent pass pro or decent run blocking. You never see both.
                            they arent anything great but can do the job. and we simply werent running enough early on . the game plan of 40 short passes has been exposed this year.

Comment

• Funny on the pre game show Darkwa showered the oline with praise

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post
                                Where did the OP get his numbers?

He is
                                34th in attempts
                                27th in yardage
                                37th in attempts per game
                                25th in yards per game
                                48th in TDs
                                22nd in longest run
                                60th in yards per carry.

The Op is going to come back with Blah Blah Blah

Here is what he is trying to spin as #5 back

Kareem Hunt 155 Attempts
                                Todd Gurley 161 Attempts
                                Queen half shirt 191 Attempts
                                Le'veon Bell 194 Attempts
                                Jordan Howard 162 Attempts
                                Orleans Darkwa 67 Attempts 88 attempts away from Hunt.

How he came up with top 5 is not known.

Like he has been doing using a false narrative to bash the QB.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...ualified=false
                                Damn good post!
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to ďbeat the market,Ē no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasnít stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X