X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    "Starter" is pretty much meaningless now in football at most positions
    not at qb
    Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

I don't care who gets the first carry, just move the chains!
      Last edited by egyptian420; 06-16-2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
        not at qb
        That's why he said most. Not all.

Comment

Yep, though I think Bradshaw had much the same issue with patience and instincts. Bradshaw turned into a very capable starter.

Brown has the best instincts of any HB the giants have had since Tiki.

But im not sure they need to knock Wilson to just say that Brown is a very good runner too. Both will get a ton of snaps if they stay healthy
          Thread should be closed after this post: nothing left to say.

Well...except that the thread should be closed.
          Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Anyone expecting Wilson to be anything more than a spot player who if given a huge hole can go all the way is deluded.

Being a very good college back does not necessarily translate to the Pros...........I see Wilson as a project, sorry.

Andre Brown has been in the league for 3-4 years and has studied his craft............Brown was having All Pro type games until he broke his leg

Letting Bradshaw go was just plain DUMB

Brown needs a competent back up and that guy would have been Bradshaw.........Wilson should come in late in game when the D is very tired

He is no Ray Rice who I was peeved we did not draft out of Rutgers

If our line could block like the Suburbanites then Wilson could be a Joe Morris type runner

That is the way Bradshaw was used originally to great success...........Wilson is a straight ahead bullet train.....with no patience or cut back ability at all
            Last edited by BParcells777; 06-16-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
              Anyone expecting Wilson to be anything more than a spot player who if given a huge hole can go all the way is deluded.

Being a very good college back does not necessarily translate to the Pros...........I see Wilson as a project, sorry.

Andre Brown has been in the league for 3-4 years and has studied his craft............Brown was having All Pro type games until he broke his leg

Letting Bradshaw go was just plain DUMB

Brown needs a competent back up and that guy would have been Bradshaw.........Wilson should come in late in game when the D is very tired

He is no Ray Rice who I was peeved we did not draft out of Rutgers

If our line could block like the Suburbanites then Wilson could be a Joe Morris type runner

That is the way Bradshaw was used originally to great success...........Wilson is a straight ahead bullet train.....with no patience or cut back ability at all
              Everything in this post is flat-out wrong.

Comment

I personally think we are going to have a difficult time with hynosky limited/injured. Most of our oline is subpar. As we have learned since some of the better oline got injured/left maybe 2009 you CANT have a great running back without a good line. Its why peterson went from 1000 yards to 2000 its why c2k went from 2k to (1300 ?)

You need a great running back and a great oline. Since ohara and seubert injuries our o-line has been bad. They played well in spots last year against bad teams panthers, saints, browns, (had an on commonly good game against 49 ers) but when faced with decent defences they could not do crap but kick field goals. The 4 straight 3 and outs in the 4th quarter against the steelers showing how lame the offence really was.
                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

He has no patience, runs into his blockers and will get Eli killed
                  wow...you gained all that knowledge from OTAs and one week of minis....
                  ok then.....
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

No I got it from watching him do a Small Ron Dayne imitation last year............running right into the axxes of his own blockers time and time again

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of madness

Comment

No I got it from watching him do a Small Ron Dayne imitation last year............running right into the axxes of his own blockers time and time again

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of madness
                      Remember when Dayne averaged 5 ypc? Ya, me neither

Comment

Remember when Dayne averaged 5 ypc? Ya, me neither
                        Yeah, 2005.

No, but I get your point. I wouldn't compare Wilson with Dayne.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

He is far faster than Dayne but they have the same running style faults............Look you have in Andre Brown one of the best RBs in the NFL........All he has to do is stay healthy.......why worry, and why rush Wilson into a starting assignment he is clearly not ready for.....he is a situational back at this time without the proper technique to be a Starter

Bradshaw was let go because of Brown's emergence, not Wilson's

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                            Wilson is going to be the starting RB. That doesn't mean that Brown won't get a lot of touches though.
                            I'm not so sure Brown might not start the season with a bigger share of the load depending on how the reads and blocking have improved. However, I asol think it won't be long before WIlson is getting more snaps
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I'm not so sure Brown might not start the season with a bigger share of the load depending on how the reads and blocking have improved. However, I asol think it won't be long before WIlson is getting more snaps
                              I would say I tend to agree with this scenario as well...although once training camp starts...you never can tell...... injuries,.....some players just pick things up quicker than others....At this point it's real speculation
                              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                                I would say I tend to agree with this scenario as well...although once training camp starts...you never can tell...... injuries,.....some players just pick things up quicker than others....At this point it's real speculation
                                As in everything Giants, we don't have a clue most of the time but it is fun to imagine how things will go and then the first injury or surprise play maker appears and it's back to the drawing board.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X