Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Brown will emerge as the starting RB........Wilson has a lot to learn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    And this is why not re-signing Bradshaw absolutely mystifies me........not only was he a killer RB but a clubhouse leader and extremely passionate Giant
    more of a problem solver than a problem........yes he had shaky ankles but he is so tough it does not seem to slow him down.....I wish him well at the Colts

    What you guys see in Wilson also mystifies me.......his burst through wide open holes are impressive but not very repeatable with our O Line

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      I'm not so sure Brown might not start the season with a bigger share of the load depending on how the reads and blocking have improved. However, I asol think it won't be long before WIlson is getting more snaps
      Only thing I'm worried about is Brown getting hurt again, from getting to many carries. Last year I think was freak injury and hope for the best, cause he proved when he is healthy, he can take on that role as the tough physical back.
      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
        Only thing I'm worried about is Brown getting hurt again, from getting to many carries. Last year I think was freak injury and hope for the best, cause he proved when he is healthy, he can take on that role as the tough physical back.
        I don't think we'll see a 75 - 25 split. More like 51-49. I have hope after Hixon came back strong (health) after two ACL tears.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          I don't think we'll see a 75 - 25 split. More like 51-49. I have hope after Hixon came back strong (health) after two ACL tears.
          So basically it's the TC's "go with the hot hand" theory.
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
            And this is why not re-signing Bradshaw absolutely mystifies me........not only was he a killer RB but a clubhouse leader and extremely passionate Giant
            more of a problem solver than a problem........yes he had shaky ankles but he is so tough it does not seem to slow him down.....I wish him well at the Colts

            What you guys see in Wilson also mystifies me.......his burst through wide open holes are impressive but not very repeatable with our O Line
            What mystifies me is that you can watch both Bradshaw and Wilson and think Bradshaw had great vision and patience and Wilson is very poor. I would rate them roughly even in that department

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
              So basically it's the TC's "go with the hot hand" theory.
              Pretty much. I have alwayas felt RBs needed to take snaps to get a feel for the game. Having a tandem SHOULD help Wilson's and Brown's game and season longevity
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                What mystifies me is that you can watch both Bradshaw and Wilson and think Bradshaw had great vision and patience and Wilson is very poor. I would rate them roughly even in that department
                Neither has shown patience. I can buy Wilson can learn, but Bradshaw is who he is at this point.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                  He is far faster than Dayne but they have the same running style faults............Look you have in Andre Brown one of the best RBs in the NFL........All he has to do is stay healthy.......why worry, and why rush Wilson into a starting assignment he is clearly not ready for.....he is a situational back at this time without the proper technique to be a StarterBradshaw was let go because of Brown's emergence, not Wilson's
                  I don't think they would have let Bradshaw go for a guy comming back from an injury. I think they are counting on Wilson.
                  Engage brain before speaking.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    It's funny how when our line plays well, like in 2008 AB's vision was never called into question. Now that are line has struggled in run blocking now it's AB's fault the running game isn't as dominant. AB was and is a great cutback runner with really good vision. When the holes are there he hits them. He doesn't hit the hole as fast as Brown, but his vision and running lane choice are far from poor. When the line struggled AB struggled. Because Brown is more of a one cut and go RB his running style is more conducive to an average run blocking team like we were in 2012.

                    RBs in general, except for rare instances, are just like QBs, receiving way too much credit for success and too much blame for a poor running game. I'll take a great O-line and a crap back over a good RB and a crappy Oline any day of the week.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      What mystifies me is that you can watch both Bradshaw and Wilson and think Bradshaw had great vision and patience and Wilson is very poor. I would rate them roughly even in that department
                      I hope you are right as Bradshaw is a Colt now
                      My eyes tell me different......one thing Bradshaw does for a little guy is bowl people over. I have not seen that from Wilson

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        .....Wow. Not sure why u would think brown is one of the best backs in the nfl... He has only rushed for 100 yds in one game in his career and got injured when given the chance to step up and prove he is an every down back. In a league where there are now so many proven rbs, saying he is one the best in the nfl is a ridiculous stretch. Maybe u or someone else can enlighten me?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Pretty much. I have alwayas felt RBs needed to take snaps to get a feel for the game. Having a tandem SHOULD help Wilson's and Brown's game and season longevity
                          Yeah I'm hoping that it tires out defense with the change of pace from both players.Hopefully the running game will be like '08.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                            He is far faster than Dayne but they have the same running style faults............Look you have in Andre Brown one of the best RBs in the NFL........All he has to do is stay healthy.......why worry, and why rush Wilson into a starting assignment he is clearly not ready for.....he is a situational back at this time without the proper technique to be a Starter

                            Bradshaw was let go because of Brown's emergence, not Wilson's
                            Did you just compare Dayne to Wilson? LOL, c'mon seriously?

                            When you say one of the best RBs in the league do you mean like top 20, or like top 5?
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                            http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              top 15

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                maybe I should've asked that first^ before hating on his top rb comment

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X