• Show
Clear All

ok yea I disagree completely

Comment

I think hes top 25 maybe

Comment

Originally posted by kfelgigiants View Post
        I think hes top 25 maybe
        That's not saying much at all. There are 32 starting RBs, lol.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
          Yeah I'm hoping that it tires out defense with the change of pace from both players.Hopefully the running game will be like '08.
          That is really where a good tandem can be effective
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            That's not saying much at all. There are 32 starting RBs, lol.
            OUCH
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

yea, I think a lot of the starting rbs are better than brown. he hasn't proven anything aside from a couple good games

Comment

I think hes top 25 maybe
                I can't give him a serious ranking until he has at least a 1000 yard season.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

ok wise guy give me the 24 better ones

Brown just like our other Brown on D has far far exceeded expectations when he was starting and not hurt
                  ....it was no coincidence that when Andre Brown got hurt our season crumbled like a cracker

I see in him Jim brown type power, and ability to find the cracks.......he is a deadly 3rd and short performer, and his yds per carry average is superb

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    OUCH
                    Most teams are using a 2 back system ....It is probably closer to 55 or so that really get significant snaps
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Unless the Oline begins blocking like the 2008 Oline then the running game will struggle.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

yea, I think a lot of the starting rbs are better than brown. he hasn't proven anything aside from a couple good games
                        He played in 10 games, starting 2, and scored 8 TDs and an average gain of 5.3 yards per carry.

Wilson played in 16 games, starting 2, with 4 TDs and a average gain of 5.0 yards per carry

I'd say we have a good chance of improving those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                          Most teams are using a 2 back system ....It is probably closer to 55 or so that really get significant snaps
                          That's not as funny though

Comment

On September 20 of 2012, Brown stepped in as the starter for the Giants against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday Night Football. Brown rushed for 113 yards on 20 carries, scoring two rushing touchdowns. He also had 3 receptions for 17 yards.

On November 25, he suffered a broken fibula in the fourth quarter on a Sunday Night Football game against the Green Bay Packers at MetLife Stadium, effectively ending his season. He ended the season, where he participated in 10 games, with 73 carries for 385 yards, with a 5.3 yard per carry average, after only 2 carries in the previous 3 seasons.

Both Andre Brown and David Wilson sport identical 4.49......... 40 yd times

Comment

Well it's only "a couple games" because he wasn't healthy, so Jakk's assessment was based on games where he was healthy (he even said so).

And, to be fair, he was pretty damn good in those games alone. With the exception of the Philly game, he scored 1 or more TDs in every game he played. You can't say that about 20 or so other RBs. But it's hard to make the case with stats.

What I really appreciate -- and something that I feel everyone, regardless of what side of the topic they fall on, can agree with -- are the tangible attributes you can see when you watch the games: the patience, decisiveness, vision, and overall smoothness that he runs with.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

im not gonna list all of them man. go down the list of nfl teams and a lot of them have better no. 1 rbs. some have two better rbs. he does have awesome ypc but not enough carries. lets see him do it after taking a beating through half of a season. which is possible, not saying he doesn't have the potential to be a top rb... just hasn't proved it

Comment

Working...
                                X