• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Brown will emerge as the starting RB........Wilson has a lot to learn

He has no patience, runs into his blockers and will get Eli killed

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Yes but from the game Brown took over as starter to his injury the 2nd back in was Bradshaw not Wilson

I agree Wilson has huge upside potential but he is just not there yet......his positive runs are spectacular but lacking patience, vision and down low power he is not a back you can rely upon as a "move the chains" type of back. Give him a big hole like little Joe Morris used to get though and he is a virtual Morris clone. If you can put Brad Benson in a time machine, get him off that car lot, and have his 4 buddies re-born too, Wilson would be a 1200 yd back.
    I think we need to see how much he has developed in the preseason before we can judge how far along he is.

Leave a comment:

• BParcells777
    replied
    Yes but from the game Brown took over as starter to his injury the 2nd back in was Bradshaw not Wilson

I agree Wilson has huge upside potential but he is just not there yet......his positive runs are spectacular but lacking patience, vision and down low power he is not a back you can rely upon as a "move the chains" type of back. Give him a big hole like little Joe Morris used to get though and he is a virtual Morris clone. If you can put Brad Benson in a time machine, get him off that car lot, and have his 4 buddies re-born too, Wilson would be a 1200 yd back.

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    We haven't had a starting running back since Barber retired. It's been RB by committee andf it will continue to be that way. Which RB is on the field for the 1st play of the game is simply circumstantial.
    I agree. The days of the "featured back" or the "starter" are gone except for a few special situations. Having a change of pace tandem makes much more sense and the opponent or game situation should dictate who is on the field rather than labels like starter or backup.

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    We haven't had a starting running back since Barber retired. It's been RB by committee andf it will continue to be that way. Which RB is on the field for the 1st play of the game is simply circumstantial.
    also really havent a consistently healthy RB since then either. Bradshaw and Jacobs...as effective as they were one or both were always nicked up or worse.
    I would like to see a healthy backfield for a change.....

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    If Wilson can improve his pass protection - and I think he will - then he could become very close to what we had with Tiki.

Wilson is physically more impressive than Tiki, but Tiki had field vision that frankly nobody has matched since he retired.

Andre Brown grades out well in pretty much every important category - speed, power, patience, blocking and cutback ability......he really is a solid player, and if he can stay healthy, is a huge value.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-18-2013, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dwinsballgames
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    He has no patience, runs into his blockers and will get Eli killed
    Andre Brown needs to stay healthy. However, I think he's an every down back, and will get plenty of work this season.

Wilson is a home run threat, though. He's a guy the other team needs to specifically gameplan for.

Honestly, I'm cool with whatever ratio works best......I will flip out if Gilbride pulls another "Lumpkin" on us late in the season.

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    I did not realize the Docs can make lineup changes......you learn something every day on here
    wow you're a ****ing genius....
    you really get what I am saying. way to go jakk.....

dope

Leave a comment:

• giants8493
    replied
    I did not realize the Docs can make lineup changes......you learn something every day on here
    I think it works like this. Ohara is the 1st team and booth is second team. the doc says ohara can not play so he is removed. Then the second team comes in. When the doc says he can play again he plays because he is on 1st team. He was never removed from first team , he was just inactive.
    Injurys don't always change depth chart.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
    I thought Deihl was healthy a few games before going back in the lineup. I thought Locklear got hurt and that's why Deihl went back in.
    That would be true

Leave a comment:

• giants8493
    replied
    I guess you do not remember him rushing the still hobbled Ohara back to ruin one season, and Baas to ruin another

both moves were brain dead loyalty

Last year he did it again with the still ailing Diehl and nearly got Eli killed
    I thought Deihl was healthy a few games before going back in the lineup. I thought Locklear got hurt and that's why Deihl went back in.

Leave a comment:

• BParcells777
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Then perhaps you should "go to the video tape"........... your memory is either selective or failing you.

The boneheaded Ohara return was monumentally dumb

As I recall Kevin Boothe at center was churning out 9 yds per carry.......then the return of the Big O.....everything came crashing down and Ohara retired after that
    Jakk.....I repeat for the third time....TC does not make that descision. Docs do......

Leave a comment:

• ScottyVII
    replied
    In my humble opinion I think that the Giants have a solid opportunity to use Wilson as a sort of scat back pushing more running plays outside of the tackles. Wilson's speed and ability to cut could help to spread the opposing defense and then open up the middle on second down to a power back or even a fullback run up the middle. Brown has the patience to wait for holes to open up and then exploit them inside the tackles and if the opposing defense hones in on Wilson's tendencies to go to the outside then this will create better passing situations on play action. If this can be accomplished then Wilson may become a threat in the check down roll to as I feel that he will be able to create solid yardage after catches should the defenses’ secondary shut down the receiver routes. I know that we all cringe at the 'thunder and lightning" cliché but I feel that diversity of looks can give the Giants the balance that they need in order to create better opportunities with play action packages. Another area that can gain some traction is using Brown's size and power to tenderize the defensive front and then using Wilson later on in the game to exploit their fatigue by using speed and cut back ability. This paradigm was proven in the years where Jacobs and Bradshaw were highly productive. However, as most here fully understand, that none of this will be possible without a cohesive offensive line, and I am hoping that that improves this year, and if it does we may see twin thousand yard backs and a more productive second half passing game. Just one Green Beret's opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X