• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Eli
    Smith
    Webb

Mara wants to win as any games as possible out of pride.
    They believe Eli will give them the best chance to do that (Moose said exactly that today)
    But...and it may also have been Moose who said this...at some point, it becomes malpractice to not get Webb in and see what he can do.
    I concur.

But man, it is painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

You just want him out; admit it.

You think Webb survives a game out there this season?

Really?
      You still haven't answered my question. It is OK. You don't have to. You clearly disagree with me. I'm good with our disagreement. To answer your question, I want a reboot from the GM down to the locker room. I will give Eli Manning this. He isn't a quitter like a bunch of those guys on defense. I hope the new regime finds a way to dump the rats and the quitters on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
        Eli actually played pretty well minus the missed throw to Engram and the goofy fumble
        Really? He had 170 yards 1 TD 1 Turnover vs an 0-9 defense who hasnt won at their own house since week 1 2016. Until he slayed it in that garbage drive to pad stats.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I feel bad for Eli. He doesn't deserve to be in such a ****ty situation.

McAdoo is clueless offensively and he obviously ****ed with our defense to such an extent that players aren't even trying out there.

Comment

Mara will never let a healthy Eli sit, never going to happen

Comment

He should start every game he is physically able to this season. No one would or could suggest him finishing these games.

Comment

Yes....
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I concur.

Alcohol helps.
                  Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    I feel bad for Eli. He doesn't deserve to be in such a ****ty situation.

McAdoo is clueless offensively and he obviously ****ed with our defense to such an extent that players aren't even trying out there.
                    I feel this way as well. I really do feel bad for him. Sure, he may not be what he was years ago, but he's still good enough to win in this league, thats for sure. He works hard on and off the field. He just deserves a better situation. Despite even his hardest critics or haters, if they sit down and really look at the whole entire situation there is no way you can put any of this on his shoulders at all. That being said, I do understand why people want to see what the rookie has just for future's sake, but even still. This is a business, Mara wants to win and Manning is your best chance.

God what a **** show of a season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I actually watched the game into the 4th quarter today. It wasn't as bad as last week, when I turned it off at half-time.

I guess that's progress...

Comment

He is good enough to win in this league but we are 1-8? At this point I really fell to see why so many people are emotionally attached. Nothing Remains the Same forever and the past is the past. Who cares if Davis Webb doesn't succeed at least we know that we have to draft a quarterback in the next draft. God forbid for most so-called fans of the Giants that he can actually play.
                        Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Martyr View Post

Why would an owner not see what he has for the future. Eli is on the decline loyalty is for morons
                          If Mara starts making coaching decision we're really screwed. I just hope he has the sense to fire McAdoo tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                            Why is he even playing right now? He is not making one bit of a difference. Without him, this team would be 0-9. With him, they are 1-8. There is absolutely no benefit for the franchise to have him out there playing. If there is a benefit to him playing right now, please let me know.
                            For the same reason why JPP, Jackrabbit and Landon Collins are all still out there, yet I haven't seen you calling for their benching every week.

The whole notion of "we need to see what we have in webb" only actually matters if you think that Webb will show enough in these last few weeks that would make you not draft a QB with that top pick. If they are going to draft that QB anyway, then playing Webb right now doesn't really have a purpose.

And besides evaluating Webb, you also want Sheppard and Engram to continue to develop. And having stability at the QB position will help with those players development than Webb would, assuming he's not ready to play (And by all accounts, the team has always maintained that this would be a reshirt year for Webb).
                            All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                              SG hates Manning.

Great.

Put Webb in....watch him get killed within 4 snaps.

You got smarts real good.
                              thats exactly the reason he should play he atleast can protect himself getting the ball out quick,did you see dak today without tyron smith he was fumbling bumbling taking sack after sack looked like a rookie,it's hard for anyone to play behind a leaky oline especially a rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post

I feel this way as well. I really do feel bad for him. Sure, he may not be what he was years ago, but he's still good enough to win in this league, thats for sure. He works hard on and off the field. He just deserves a better situation. Despite even his hardest critics or haters, if they sit down and really look at the whole entire situation there is no way you can put any of this on his shoulders at all. That being said, I do understand why people want to see what the rookie has just for future's sake, but even still. This is a business, Mara wants to win and Manning is your best chance.

God what a **** show of a season.
                                Un****ingimaginable.

Comment

Working...
                                X