Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The stunning history lesson that proves how pathetic Giants' loss to 49ers is | Good, bad, ugly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stunning history lesson that proves how pathetic Giants' loss to 49ers is | Good, bad, ugly

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Ben McAdoo will get to lament another “historical” Giants loss on Monday’s day-after conference call, assuming he’s still the head coach and gets to host it.

Do you want to know how bad this latest Big Blue rock bottom – the Giants lost, 31-21, to the previously-winless 49ers here on Sunday at Levi’s Stadium – is?

Here’s the stunning stat that sums it up: The 2017 Giants are now alone with the 1966 Giants – the squad that finished with an 1-12-1 mark, the worst in franchise history – after suffering what is believed to be just the second Giants loss to a winless team with nine or more losses, according to a Pro Football Reference database search.

That’s how the Giants followed up their 51-17 home loss to the Rams a week ago. That’s how they had the back of their embattled head coach after the most tumultuous week of his tenure.

Oh, and more ugly history was made: The Giants have now started the season 0-7 against NFC opponents, the second-worst mark in franchise history. The Giants started 0-8 against NFC teams in 1976 (the last time the team made an in-season coaching change).

Even if the Giants somehow beat the Redskins on Thanksgiving to miss matching that low, it will still be the latest their first conference win has come in a season since the NFL-AFL merger prior to the 1970 season." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

are you ****ing kidding me. the redskins are going to beat the brakes off these guys.

Comment

The players all blew up smoke about sticking up for their coach and showed otherwise on the field today with a ton of lackluster play and looking for the game checks after the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
        The players all blew up smoke about sticking up for their coach and showed otherwise on the field today with a ton of lackluster play and looking for the game checks after the end of the game.
        I look at it like this, they are looking out for the fans and want McAdoo fired. They all hate this guy.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

AKA Talk is cheap...
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
            are you ****ing kidding me. the redskins are going to beat the brakes off these guys.
            We will not beat the Redskins this year, neither at home or away.

Comment

It was all smoke and mirrors.
              sigpic

Comment

We own the Tie breaker against San Francisco for the draft at least, something positive!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

I don't think they win another game unless someone starts looking past them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

Let's just come to the conclusion that the Giants are going 0-6 in the division this season. lol That's going to be a first in a long while I think.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

Teams can look past them and still beat them. lol Worst team in the NFC proven today and quite possibly the worst team in the league right now... Getting railed by a winless team in rebuilding mode is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

I concur.

Comment

your right there since i moved and can't go the games anymore i got sunday ticket saw cleveland today the would knock the **** out of this pack of quitters there about 7 maybe 8 eight guys that play hard all the time the rest are screwing the pooch.

Comment

Here's some good for a player. This is the background story to the 49er WR Goodwin's 83 yard emotional touchdown .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ars-death-baby
                            Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 11-13-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X