X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Giants’ stunning rock bottom in year filled with them

http://nypost.com/2017/11/12/this-is...led-with-them/

Excerpt: " Rock, meet bottom.

The Giants have arrived at that deadly intersection, a place unsafe for anyone in the organization who relies on results and performance to keep his job. No one can be safe, not now, not after the Giants — the week after losing by 34 points at home — managed to do what no one else in the entire NFL, until now, had been able to accomplish this season:

Lose to the 49ers.

It is not that the Giants rolled over and played dead, as they did in a 51-17 humiliation at the hands of the Rams. Well, they did acquiesce, but at least not right away. On a sun-splashed Sunday afternoon at Levi’s Stadium, the Giants were the inferior team. They were not as physical, not as spirited and not as efficient as a 49ers team that came in 0-9 and in full rebuild mode. Everyone who cashes a paycheck from the Mara and Tisch families has to be on notice after a 31-21 loss that puts the Giants with the lowest of the low.

It was unheralded rookie quarterback C.J. Beathard and not Joe Montana or Steve Young shredding a Giants defense that is bad and getting worse. It was the 49ers defense, without Charles Haley or Ronnie Lott, that made Eli Manning and the Giants offense look timid and jittery. The Giants led 6-3 and 13-10 but once the 49ers got serious, the Giants got out of the way." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

There hasn't been a whole lot one could point to that easily displayed the incompetence of Reese. The OL was glaring of course.
    but today was another. We were actually inferior to the 9ers...it befuddled me

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      There hasn't been a whole lot one could point to that easily displayed the incompetence of Reese. The OL was glaring of course.
      but today was another. We were actually inferior to the 9ers...it befuddled me
      I thought the O line was OK today. We ran it as well as we have in a long time. I thought Eli was good except for the one terrible play.
      The D just sucked.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Many of us have talked bad about the Oline but this D has been off the chart terrible. Sapgs and his players needs to be accountable.
        sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Many of us have talked bad about the Oline but this D has been off the chart terrible. Sapgs and his players needs to be accountable.
          I have been saying for years that Spags is NOT a good DC.
          He coached the worst D in NFL history in New Orleans. He coached the worst defense in Giants history in 2015. The D was good last year against some bad offenses and with probably the least injured defense in the NFL. Now he's back with a terrible defense.

His scheme doesn't work in the new NFL. It requires a great pass rush or incredibly great cover corners. He is NOT a good coach at this point. We saw it in the playoff game last year when ONE piece (DRC) was missing.
          He's a great coach as long as players play at a Hall Of Fame level. If not.....he's lost.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

It's just plain garbage football. Were just over half way through the season and Im about as apathetic as I can get while watching the Giants.

What's wrong with this team, alot!!

The coach is lost. A number of the players are going through the motions. The oline needs talent. The injuries have piled up. The defense is as bad as I have ever seen. The players are apathetic. Reese Reese Reese!!

What should be done IMO,

Just watch the games hoping for losing out is the best option for the future of the franchise. This will hopefully mean a house cleaning from GM to coaching staff.
            Hire a new GM that understands talent and who is a capoligist will be willing to fix this team starting at the lines, including linebackers.
            Hire a new head coach, maybe Josh McDaniels that is structured and disciplined who has had success.
            Be more flexible in the draft, meaning willing to trade up to get your man or trade down to add assets
            Be willing to trade for what you need
            Spend wisely on free agents.

They will always be my team, but I sure don't like them right now

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I thought the O line was OK today. We ran it as well as we have in a long time. I thought Eli was good except for the one terrible play.
              The D just sucked.
              100% correct and I d9nt need to “watch the tape” to confirm it. That D had only two pieces missing last night and they were Goodson and Kennard and they would struggle to play a down on most teams in the NFL at LB. Just let that sink in. Two pieces out and we surrender (the only word to accurately describe it) 31 points to the (previously) worst team in football who hadn’t won a game since Obama was President.

The D has absolutely no excuses anymore and if there was even one leader among them Jenkins would have been roasted on the field or the sidelines for his embarrassing lack of effort.

Can someone get more out of this group than Spagnuolo? Maybe, however, some of these guys shouldn’t be around to get that chance next year IMO.

Comment

Players have quit on McAdoo. Spags is collateral damage.

Comment

Maybe this will help us take Barkley from the 9ners

Comment

Working...
                  X