No announcement yet.

Giants Want Prince To Be "More Of A Professional," Become Defensive Leader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince should be himself. He doesn't need to change. He just needs to play the game well.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Amukamara's personality worries me. Rumor was that he slipped in the draft because teams felt he'd have trouble fitting into a locker room. How has he done so far? Last year, he gets thrown in an ice tub. This year, Terrell Thomas, who is one running-cut away from retirement, calls him out, likening him to a kid. Seriously? Very rarely will locker rooms adjust to someone, that someone has to adjust for the locker room. Amukamara doesn't appear to be doing too well, in that respect.
      This does truly seem like one of those things beyond any outsiders understanding.

The locker room sees something and is pushing him to change it...they must think highly of him.

btw...and props for the Charlie quote
      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        Prince should be himself. He doesn't need to change. He just needs to play the game well.
        +1

Comment

Not everyone can be a leader, which is why they are called leaders. Doesn't mean he cant be a great corner back IMO.

Comment

This thread is a joke.

Comment

I think the fact that you have a Giants corner in Thomas saying some of these things substantiates it a bit.

Even then, I'd like to see his interview in its entirety rather than some fragmented quotes. It can even sound almost as if Thomas and Webster are trying to expedite his progress as a player beyond the field as if they know their time in NY could be limited. I don't know what more Thomas was asking as a player if he acknowledged that Prince had a great game against the pass and run unless he wants that to translate to others in order to be commendable. Again, so many directions you can run off with.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                Bingo....always be who you are. He really is a quiet and humble guy who's as much into his faith as Tebow but just doesn't wear it on his sleave. He's a very no-nonsense kind of guy, his twitter description says: family, faith, football. I definitely have no problem with him not acting like Rolle since that's just who he is (not to mention he's better on the field). Look at his old interviews on youtube, he's very timid and softspoken.

I'm actually surprised by his recent statement about wanting to be the best in the NFL, doesn't sound like something he would say. But if he continues his improvement at his position he could become a great CB and earn his lockerroom respect on the field.

Comment

I think attitude is important at CB. I don't think TT was issuing a personal critique, rather he was pointing out the things that might result in improved performance on the field. If he is going to be an elite CB he will need to take ownership of his ability.
                  Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    Kinda sounds like a young Eli Manning... soft spoken, but on the field is tremendous.
                    Yeah Eli had problems w/veteran players early own. Which delayed his progress. Prince is not from another land, so all this new to him (rookie year) being around professional grown men. He was catered to in his country--not happening here. I believe he will be fine as long as he can remain healthy. He's own the right path, but TT coming out making that public could be good, so let's see how he responds.

Comment

As one great poster said " Prince is no leader"
                      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

He leads by example. He is better than TT was. Prince should never take what he or Rolle said seriously.

Comment

maybe Prince IS socially akward. Many people are and not just a little but in a clinical sense as a diagnosis of a problem.
                          I couldnt careless if he becomes a leader or not. The main thing is he plays great and works hard....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            maybe Prince IS socially akward. Many people are and not just a little but in a clinical sense as a diagnosis of a problem.I couldnt careless if he becomes a leader or not. The main thing is he plays great and works hard....
                            Seriously. He played well last year and it was only his second season. That after missing most of his rookie season.

Comment

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
                              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Isn't Prince from a foreign country? I don't expect this guy to be not baffled by his surroundings.

Comment

Working...
                                X