Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants are so bad no one has noticed their kicker is a disaster

http://nypost.com/2017/11/13/giants-...is-a-disaster/

Excerpt: "If the Giants’ season had not gone so horribly wrong, the substandard place-kicking of rookie Aldrick Rosas would be more of a story and, perhaps, he might not be their kicker down the stretch of the season.

Quietly, amid the losing, Rosas has been consistent in his inconsistency. When he went wide right on a 34-yard field-goal attempt — that’s right, a 34-yarder — in the third quarter in Sunday’s 31-21 loss to the 49ers, it continued a steady downward trend. Rosas has now missed a field goal in five consecutive games in which he has attempted one — he did not have an attempt against the Chargers. He hit from 47 and 42 yards against the 49ers but then could not make a 34-yard try. Rosas also hit the game-opening kickoff out of bounds.

For the season, Rosas is now 10-for-15 on field goals.

“We’ve got to make kicks,’’ coach Ben McAdoo said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

both kickers are goners as well.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

When it rains it pours

Comment

It took me until games end to realize how bad he is. Wing sucks too.
        sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
        You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Is this "coaching" or talent evaluation?
          Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
            Is this "coaching" or talent evaluation?
            Both. This definitely falls on the GM too.
            sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
            You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

I noticed
              Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

I am not a soothsayer but for some reason I sat there in front of my TV at the start of the game and said, he's gonna bang one out of bounds....and he proceeded to do exactly that.

We had a pretty good veteran in camp who did just about everything perfectly in pre-season.
                It sucks to view things with the benefit of hind sight (so I won't). However, the coach and GM need to own their personnel decisions. This is just one more bad one.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

we've noticed. I've said it before in game threads and I'll say it again Rosas makes me so nervous every time he steps on the field. He's not it. That being said the issues have been so big with this team that it over shadows just how bad he is at the momement. He wont be kicking next season for us. I'm actually suprised he still is to be honest.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is what you get with unproven talent. We had the cap space to bring in a vet and pay him.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I'll eat crow, was one of the people who was glad we kept him over Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                        I'll eat crow, was one of the people who was glad we kept him over Nugent.
                        no need to eat crow over wishful thinking.

Comment

I remember when Brad Wing was the MVP in some games over previous years with his punting ability! What happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
                            I remember when Brad Wing was the MVP in some games over previous years with his punting ability! What happened to him?
                            Remember when Landon Collins and Jenkins were good too?

The entire team is in a just dont give a crap attitude right now.
                            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

now that there is the smell of failure in the air its contagious. The kickers have been infected!!
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X