Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Or Wiothout Contract, Justin Pugh Will Attend Giants' Training Camp

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/15/...training-camp/

Excerpt: "Five of the New York Giants' seven draft picks have signed their rookie contract, with the Syracuse boys — Justin Pugh and Ryan Nassib — the only two remaining unsigned. And with all of the other contract issues ongoing or cropping up (see: Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks), this could spell trouble for Big Blue, right? Wrong.

Shortly after mandatory mini-camp ended earlier this week, offensive lineman Justin Pugh said he would be attending training camp in East Rutherford, NJ with or without a deal in place.

“I’m not really worried about it,” Pugh said. “I just want to focus on football. That’s why I signed [the injury protection form to participate in the offseason program], so I can be out here. I know it’ll be done. I’m not missing any training camp, I know that right now. They do things the right way here, so I know we’ll get it done. I’m not worried about it.”

'Under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), rookie contracts are slotted with almost everything now being predetermined. There are only a few select numbers that are open to negotiation, with one of those being guaranteed money. That's where the conflict between the Giants and Pugh arose." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1
Working...
X