Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have to resign Pugh + gritty Fluker, keep DRC, and cut Jenkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have to resign Pugh + gritty Fluker, keep DRC, and cut Jenkins

    Pugh might not be a Pro Bowler, but he is selfless, doesn't quit like some of his teammates, and is one of the positives on this team. He is a solid lineman. Fluker has been a pleasant surprise and helped the run game. Flowers has actually improved, so maybe putting Flowers next to Fluker solidifies the right side of the line. Pugh is a decent tackle, but better suited for guard I think. Then we'd have to find our franchise left tackle, and possibly center if Jones isn't the answer. He's done an admirable job, but he is by no means dominant. I think we have to resign Pugh and let Richburg go. Richburg never fulfilled his potential. Fluker showed a lot of toughness, grit, and not an ounce of quit yesterday during that atrocious game which speaks volumes about him.

    Also, even though DRC was suspended, the guy has been a leader. He is no longer a dominant corner, but with Apple's flaws, and Jenkins only showing up when times are good, he is the least of the issues. He's been vocal about it not being the coaches (part of it is though), and saying it is the players fault. At least he takes ownership. I've had enough of Jenkins. Sure he was great last year but he sure talks a lot and is no leader. We need leaders, and high quality football players, not talkers. Yesterday, Jenkins true colors showed.

    I have never seen anyone flat out quit like he did. You don't play for your coach. Maybe you do a little, but it is the last of a long list of reasons for playing. It is your job. How about some integrity and dignity. How about playing for personal pride, your teammates, and job security. Hell, 300 new players come in every year wanting to take your job; you should NEVER take your job for granted. There are 5 people ready to take it from you. Frankly, I was shocked when we signed him to a huge deal given his past. The Giants and Reese usually stay away from problem guys but Reese was desperate.

    As bad as things are, they can get sorted out quickly. We obviously need to fire McAdoo and Reese, hire a new GM, and let the GM pick "his guy." We have talent on this team actually when healthy. We have to get rid of the bad apples and quitters. We'll have a high pick, and most of our picks, and should be able to sign some guys with cuts. The Rams were 4-12 last year. We need to find the right Head Coach, and GM. We need to find our future QB. That is the most important item beyond HC and GM. We still have talent at RB, WR, and TE. We probably need 2 Olinemen, 1-2 linebackers, a corner and some depth, and we can be right back in it. As terrible as it seems now, the right management and coaches can turn things around in a hurry. Jenkins shouldn't be a part of that turnaround.

  • #2
    Pugh hasn't played a full season since his rookie year. Your willing to spend big money on that?

    Comment


    • #3
      Cut Jenkins??? Why would you cut your best corner? Especially since cutting him would not help our cap space because of his huge guarantee Salary.

      JPP
      Vernon
      Jenkins

      all are un-cuttable (if that is a word)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
        Cut Jenkins??? Why would you cut your best corner? Especially since cutting him would not help our cap space because of his huge guarantee Salary.

        JPP
        Vernon
        Jenkins

        all are un-cuttable (if that is a word)
        "Jenkins has no guaranteed money left on his contract after this season. The Giants could cut him before the start of free agency and eat $6 million in dead money while saving $7 million in salary cap space, according to Over The Cap.

        If they designated Jenkins a post-June 1 cut, they would be able to spread the dead money over two seasons ($2 million in 2018, $4 million in 2019) and save $11 million in 2018 cap space."







        Here's why it would be easy for the Giants to get rid of cornerback Janoris Jenkins if they want to after his embarrassing showing against the 49ers.

        Comment


        • #5
          I would keep Jenkins new coaching and a better team then who knows he may start playing like the Jackrabbit.

          Can't cut JPP and Vernon. Doesn't make sense especially if we have to pay to replace them.


          Vernom after 2018 is possible.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by flimflam View Post

            "Jenkins has no guaranteed money left on his contract after this season. The Giants could cut him before the start of free agency and eat $6 million in dead money while saving $7 million in salary cap space, according to Over The Cap.

            If they designated Jenkins a post-June 1 cut, they would be able to spread the dead money over two seasons ($2 million in 2018, $4 million in 2019) and save $11 million in 2018 cap space."






            Interesting...Seems like we just signed him

            Comment


            • #7
              No chance DRC is on this team next year

              Comment


              • #8
                Jenkins was one of the best CB in the league last year, quite honestly I don't care who quits once the team is 1-6, once the current season is officially over I'd just as soon have them go 1-15 and get the #1 pick then not quit and end up 5-11 picking 12th. I'm sure he will be more like 2016 than 2017 come the start of a new season with a new coach and a reason to give a crap again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                  Cut Jenkins??? Why would you cut your best corner? Especially since cutting him would not help our cap space because of his huge guarantee Salary.

                  JPP
                  Vernon
                  Jenkins

                  all are un-cuttable (if that is a word)
                  You think Jenkins is coming back LOL. Really? Did you see him yesterday? He disgraced the uniform. He quit.

                  Jenkins is gone, Maybe a trade, IDK, but I'd say he's gone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                    I would keep Jenkins new coaching and a better team then who knows he may start playing like the Jackrabbit.

                    Can't cut JPP and Vernon. Doesn't make sense especially if we have to pay to replace them.


                    Vernom after 2018 is possible.
                    We know who we have to keep regardless the outcome of the season. Snacks, JPP,OV,Jenkins,Collins, J.Rabbit, Everyone else is collateral damage.
                    We’ve seen what these guys are capable of.Mark my words next season will be much improved. Can’t get much worse.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by primetime View Post
                      Pugh hasn't played a full season since his rookie year. Your willing to spend big money on that?
                      I wouldn't. For a few mil maybe but no more than that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        maybe jenkins is the only one who gives a **** if we get a good draft pick.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X