Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Ownership: McAdoo 'has our support'

https://www.thescore.com/news/1421349

The New York Giants offered a statement from management on Monday in which co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch supported embattled head coach Ben McAdoo.

The Giants are in the midst of a 1-8 season and lost to the previously winless San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.
    Ben McAdoo is our head coach and has our support. We are in the midst of an extremely disappointing season. Our performance this year, particularly the past two weeks, is inexcusable and frustrating. While we appreciate that our fans are unhappy with what has occurred, nobody is more upset than we are.

Our plan is to do what we have always done, which is to not offer a running commentary on the season. It is our responsibility to determine the reasons for our poor performance and at the end of the year, we will evaluate the 2017 season in its entirety and make a determination on how we move forward.

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

The New York Giants offered a statement from management on Monday in which co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch supported embattled head coach Ben McAdoo.

The Giants are in the midst of a 1-8 season and lost to the previously winless San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.
    Ben McAdoo is our head coach and has our support. We are in the midst of an extremely disappointing season. Our performance this year, particularly the past two weeks, is inexcusable and frustrating. While we appreciate that our fans are unhappy with what has occurred, nobody is more upset than we are.

Our plan is to do what we have always done, which is to not offer a running commentary on the season. It is our responsibility to determine the reasons for our poor performance and at the end of the year, we will evaluate the 2017 season in its entirety and make a determination on how we move forward.
    I'm shocked, I tell you shocked!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

I am not. There was no way he was getting fired.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Are you ****ing kidding me?!

Comment

this reply from management is so typical of whats been going on with this team, every thing these owners do is based on image....

Comment

The rest of the season will be about finding the rats and weeding out the quitters. Apple and Jenkins for starters.

Comment

Iím beyond disappointed, though itís what I️ expected.

Comment

Not surprised

Comment

There are still 7 games to go which means there's plenty of opportunity for him to get himself fired.

And as I said in a previous thread; I'm happy for the quitters.

Comment

whoever thought John Mara would fire the coach mid season needs to learn more about the ownership of the franchise they follow

I think a midstream firing has happened once in this teams history

just not the way things work here folks ... sorry

Comment

well guess what owners you don't have my support . and not because i cant handle a losing season .

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                        whoever thought John Mara would fire the coach mid season needs to learn more about the ownership of the franchise they follow

I think a midstream firing has happened once in this teams history

just not the way things work here folks ... sorry
                        "The way things work" will likely result in a 1-15 team. Time to change the rules.

Only legitimate reason for not making a change at this point is to send a message to the pos quitting players that you don't make coaching decisions, ownership does.
                        Last edited by TCHOF; 11-13-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

"The way things work" will likely result in a 1-15 team. Time to change the rules.
                          so an interim coach would somehow come save this team ?

c'mon bro ... what is firing the guy today going to accomplish?... not a thing

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

in other words...what they are saying in so many words, reading between the lines is:

people are going to get canned at the end of the season. It is a done deal. it has already been decided. We wanted to let you fans know.

Right?

Comment

He should be fired, but real Giants fans know this wont happen mid season. In fact, I have been saying he has a min of 3 years, which means he will come back next year. That said, he lost the team and if he finished 1-15, Im not sure, but he 100% will finish this year.

Benny Mac will get his QB next year IMO. So will Reese.
                              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Working...
                              X