No announcement yet.

Giants Ownership: McAdoo 'has our support'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh this stinks! Well let's see what happens when they see a sea of empty seats! Man why can't my Giants be more like my Yankees? If Girardi who was a good manager can not be here next year why Giants cannot do the same?

Comment

the giants way always seems to cost us many seasons in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

so an interim coach would somehow come save this team ?

c'mon bro ... what is firing the guy today going to accomplish?... not a thing

The question is if you keep the guy what does it accomplish? ....not a thing. so since there is no way anyone can save this team at this point, we might as well not do anything and keep doing the same things as Mara likes to do exercises in futility.

By the way, I do not think that firing Mcdoodoo is about saving the team but saving the Giants from further embarrassment and showing that at least he is willing to do something.

Comment

I guess people just want to get even with Mac for giving us such a poor season

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post

The question is if you keep the guy what does it accomplish? ....not a thing. so since there is no way anyone can save this team at this point, we might as well not do anything and keep doing the same things as Mara likes to do exercises in futility.

By the way, I do not think that firing Mcdoodoo is about saving the team but saving the Giants from further embarrassment and showing that at least he is willing to do something.
            so who's the interim ?

Spagnuolo ? .. the man responsible for the amazing defense this season

no point ... you ride the **** season out ... that's it

Comment

Au Contraire

As painful as it will be to watch it almost assures the 1st pick of each draft round

the sad part is Webb will not play a down of meaningful clock time......just mop up, if that to torture us

this team will now torture Ben......he would have been much better off to move on now and be paid for a full years pay

its sad to see players intentionally missing assignments and walking rather than running to make a tackle the injuries will now pile up even worse
              in 50 years of watching the Giants I've never seen such mutiny at any level of football......even TB played hard for Schiano

hey maybe Moore, Cruz and Blackburn will get called in and earn some unexpected weekly pay as more and more players go on IR

Thank God the Knicks are killing it..........LeBron called them out as being the leagues worst free throw team.....sounds like hes getting nervous

Comment

1-15, 2-14, 4-12? Who really cares at this point. The higher the draft picks (it's not just the first round pick that matters), the better. There is no reason why they can't win 10-11 games next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                  https://www.thescore.com/news/1421349

The New York Giants offered a statement from management on Monday in which co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch supported embattled head coach Ben McAdoo.

The Giants are in the midst of a 1-8 season and lost to the previously winless San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.
                  Ben McAdoo is our head coach and has our support. We are in the midst of an extremely disappointing season. Our performance this year, particularly the past two weeks, is inexcusable and frustrating. While we appreciate that our fans are unhappy with what has occurred, nobody is more upset than we are.

Our plan is to do what we have always done, which is to not offer a running commentary on the season. It is our responsibility to determine the reasons for our poor performance and at the end of the year, we will evaluate the 2017 season in its entirety and make a determination on how we move forward.
                  In other words...to the fans......if you donít buy the tickets, the opponentís fans will so basically...... **** YOU!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Embarrassing loses two weeks in a row.
                    Losing to a team that hasn't won a game this year, let a lone a home game since game 1 of last year.
                    Being beat easily by one of the worst NFL teams in the league.
                    Players are revolting against the coach, and some are speaking to the media about the turmoil in the locker room.
                    Players are quitting on the field.
                    Last time the Giants started a season worse than 1-8 was in 1976.

This Franchise has turned into a punchline...
                    But thankfully the owners have full support of the bumbling stooge coaching this team.

Comment

This is as bad a Giant team in my close to 60 years following the team. They have been generous to a fault when dealing with GM's and coaches. I remember the serenade to Allie Sherman " Good Bye Allie" and Poor Andy Robustelli, then the dark days of the 70's.
                      But never thought I'd witness ownership absolutely abdicate their responsibility to the fans that have supported the team. I'd really like to know what they think will be left to evaluate. This statement makes little sense to me (and I'm sure most on this forum)

Our plan is to do what we have always done, which is to not offer a running commentary on the season. It is our responsibility to determine the reasons for our poor performance and at the end of the year, we will evaluate the 2017 season in its entirety and make a determination on how we move forward.

There may be times to be loyal ( Like Eli, maybe) but Mac is a Johnny come lately, who has demonstrated time and again his lack of skill for the position, for which he was handed.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

Au Contraire

As painful as it will be to watch it almost assures the 1st pick of each draft round

the sad part is Webb will not play a down of meaningful clock time......just mop up, if that to torture us

this team will now torture Ben......he would have been much better off to move on now and be paid for a full years pay

its sad to see players intentionally missing assignments and walking rather than running to make a tackle the injuries will now pile up even worse
                        in 50 years of watching the Giants I've never seen such mutiny at any level of football......even TB played hard for Schiano

hey maybe Moore, Cruz and Blackburn will get called in and earn some unexpected weekly pay as more and more players go on IR

Thank God the Knicks are killing it..........LeBron called them out as being the leagues worst free throw team.....sounds like hes getting nervous
                        Actually as great as it has been to watch the Knicks this year, their free throw situation is a disgrace. It is the one thing that has driven me bonkers this season while watching Knicks games. Some of the closer down to wire games the last couple of weeks would have been easy wins if they just made their darn free throws. Considering how miserable it has been to watch Knicks games for several years now, I can live with free throws being their only issue lol and I do think LeBron is scraping the bottom of the barrel to just try and pick on the Knicks for no reason at all.
                        Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

What is keeping the guy going to accomplish? No way they can bring this guy back at the end of the season.

To me, the factors that weigh against firing him now are: (1) there is no one to promote to his job (can't give Spags a promotion); and (2) ownership doesn't want to set the precedent of giving in to these payers who have quit on this coach with the obvious intention of getting him fired.

In my opinion, though, "that's the Giants way" is not an appropriate factor to consider when the team is in the middle of a historically embarrassing season.

Comment

Well that should make Ben sleep better at night Whewwwwww!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What is keeping the guy going to accomplish? No way they can bring this guy back at the end of the season.

To me, the factors that weigh against firing him now are: (1) there is no one to promote to his job (can't give Spags a promotion); and (2) ownership doesn't want to set the precedent of giving in to these payers who have quit on this coach with the obvious intention of getting him fired.

In my opinion, though, "that's the Giants way" is not an appropriate factor to consider when the team is in the middle of a historically embarrassing season.

it tells me ,they are not going to fire him at the end of the season. they will go about it the Giants way. act dignified and never admit a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueordead View Post
                                Ugh this stinks! Well let's see what happens when they see a sea of empty seats! Man why can't my Giants be more like my Yankees? If Girardi who was a good manager can not be here next year why Giants cannot do the same?
                                That was a shock to me! You would have thought they would have had someone in mind, but the search continues!
                                Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Working...
                                X