Giants Ownership: McAdoo 'has our support'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

so an interim coach would somehow come save this team ?

c'mon bro ... what is firing the guy today going to accomplish?... not a thing
    Pride. When you suffer 50 points at home and then 1-up yourself the following week losing on the road to an 0-9 team... guys quitting on the field... pride.

Firing Mc won't help at all with the final record, but it could help contain the mutiny on our hands. Stop the bleeding that is a culture of mega-losers who quit on the field, don't try for their leader, don't care about fans or what it means to be a Giant. Put Sullivan in there... he's a capable HC and the offense is at least trying (unlike the defense). Then clean house at the end of the season
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post

Pride. When you suffer 50 points at home and then 1-up yourself the following week losing on the road to an 0-9 team... guys quitting on the field... pride.

Firing Mc won't help at all with the final record, but it could help contain the mutiny on our hands. Stop the bleeding that is a culture of mega-losers who quit on the field, don't try for their leader, don't care about fans or what it means to be a Giant. Put Sullivan in there... he's a capable HC and the offense is at least trying (unlike the defense). Then clean house at the end of the season
      eh ... it does nothing

Comment

dumb and dumber could run this franchise better than these two clowns! Enough with putting the Maras in the same league as the Rooneys when it comes to great ownership. They are not and they never have been. This season has finally blown the lid off that notion.

Comment

Originally posted by nygg23 View Post
          dumb and dumber could run this franchise better than these two clowns! Enough with putting the Maras in the same league as the Rooneys when it comes to great ownership. They are not and they never have been. This season has finally blown the lid off that notion.
          amen

Comment

lots of emotions around here today

Comment

Misery loves company
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

well when is it going to be our turn ,when will Mara take care of the fans needs?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What is keeping the guy going to accomplish? No way they can bring this guy back at the end of the season.

To me, the factors that weigh against firing him now are: (1) there is no one to promote to his job (can't give Spags a promotion); and (2) ownership doesn't want to set the precedent of giving in to these payers who have quit on this coach with the obvious intention of getting him fired.

In my opinion, though, "that's the Giants way" is not an appropriate factor to consider when the team is in the middle of a historically embarrassing season.

They have to be careful how they handle it because not only will they look bad to the rest of the league if they mishandle it, but they may be also resented for it if they handle it badly because some teams are bad year in and year out and if you let the players get away with what they are trying to pull you are setting a bad example of how you are managing your franchise and potentially making other Coaches and GMs jobs more difficult in the process.

You have to stay classy even when you're on the bottom to maintain the integrity of the league, players included, they aren't paid less when things aren't going well, so they should stop acting like that's the case.

Comment

What are the rules for interviewing new head coaches? If we fire macdoo today can they start looking?
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

"The way things work" will likely result in a 1-15 team. Time to change the rules.

Only legitimate reason for not making a change at this point is to send a message to the pos quitting players that you don't make coaching decisions, ownership does.
                      100% right

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

well when is it going to be our turn ,when will Mara take care of the fans needs?
                        Its a great question. My family paid a lot of money for PSLs and its almost like ownership really couldn't give a rats *** what any fan thinks. Of course owners shouldn't make decisions based upon fan outrage but this ownership seems almost coldly indifferent. We'll take your money and you'll shut up!

Comment

Yeah this is disappointing for those of us hoping he go canned today, but given how they look under McAdoo we have a real shot at the 2nd overall pick now. A change could get us 2-3 meaningless wins. I don't want another season like this for a long time so I would like to make it count. Frankly I just want someone besides Reese selecting players in the draft. If he isn't fired I don't think I can be a Giants fan anymore. all we have is the draft now and all he does for th most part is swing and miss.

I wonder too if they are evaluating roster players as quitters and bouncing them too.

Comment

"The way things work" will likely result in a 1-15 team. Time to change the rules.

Only legitimate reason for not making a change at this point is to send a message to the pos quitting players that you don't make coaching decisions, ownership does.
                            I think it's the reality that changing coaches now would not likely result in a change in direction AND, who would want to take that job at this point? MY hope is that Jerry Reese will be let go at the end of the end of the season. It may be that McAdoo goes as well at that point but I would not hold my breath on that. John Mara has historically hired the head coach, no doubt with input from the GM and other advisors. What I wonder about is does John Mara tell a new GM who the HC is going to be or does he ask if the new GM can live with John's choice?
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

It would keep us from having to listen to his bull**** for starters.

Comment

The team is 1-8 and heading for a franchise worst 1-15 season with a who cares? defense ready to drop a minimum of 30 points per game for the rest of the season. What was expected? It's okay. The Browns are 0-9, we still better than the Browns based on record only?

Comment

Working...
                                X