No announcement yet.

Giants Ownership: McAdoo 'has our support'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woww. not shocked, but sort of surprised. This isn't your oridnary 1-8 season theres so much mroe envolved. Kind of dissapointed they consider this okay, and given "full support" after all this.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

so who's the interim ?

Spagnuolo ? .. the man responsible for the amazing defense this season

no point ... you ride the **** season out ... that's it
      If I were making the money Mara is making and I were responsible for the Giants, I would pick a name. Since I am not, I will not. I never mentioned Spags either. At this point though, any of the ballboys in the stadium may be a better choice. But doing nothing and riding out this cluster**** is an option that should not be acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
        woww. not shocked, but sort of surprised. This isn't your oridnary 1-8 season theres so much mroe envolved. Kind of dissapointed they consider this okay, and given "full support" after all this.
        He is a dead man walking. Will be fired end of season. Itís just how this org operates.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          He should be fired, but real Giants fans know this wont happen mid season. In fact, I have been saying he has a min of 3 years, which means he will come back next year. That said, he lost the team and if he finished 1-15, Im not sure, but he 100% will finish this year.

Benny Mac will get his QB next year IMO. So will Reese.
          Do you really think the Giants will bring him back for a 3rd season after this?

Comment

J.Mara has said he does not care about our opinions. He only cares about people in the seats.
            So , figure it out .

Comment

All I know is this, I don't remember the last time I've seen players blatantly quitting like I saw yesterday. Guys actually letting players run past, around and through them, on purpose....because they hate their coach.

I don't care if it's not the organizations way, or who you promote to the position, or if it wins another game or not. Now the soap opera goes on for 7 games. Week after week-a long Bataan death march, media and focus on the team every week......McAdoo on the hot seat every week(no matter what ownership has said).....7 more weeks of hearing "I have to watch the tape" and players quitting and getting blown out game after game....

If you intend on firing the man at the end of the season, end the damn soap opera, take the negative focus off the franchise and fire him now......this makes me think he is not going to get fired at all, I hate to say it.....

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Do you really think the Giants will bring him back for a 3rd season after this?
                I dont know what to think anymore. I didnt think there was any way possible to go into the season with Ereck Flowers as our LT again...

IF the Giants win a couple of game out of the last 7 who knows.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post
                  All I know is this, I don't remember the last time I've seen players blatantly quitting like I saw yesterday. Guys actually letting players run past, around and through them, on purpose....because they hate their coach.

I don't care if it's not the organizations way, or who you promote to the position, or if it wins another game or not. Now the soap opera goes on for 7 games. Week after week-a long Bataan death march, media and focus on the team every week......McAdoo on the hot seat every week(no matter what ownership has said).....7 more weeks of hearing "I have to watch the tape" and players quitting and getting blown out game after game....

If you intend on firing the man at the end of the season, end the damn soap opera, take the negative focus off the franchise and fire him now......this makes me think he is not going to get fired at all, I hate to say it.....

Thats just it. It's one thing if your team is 1-8 and struggling... let it run its course. Its another when your team is 1-8, theres obvious beef between more than one player and the coach, you have guys not giving 100 percent, quitting or letting up.... how the **** do you "support" that f'n bull****. quit with the political correctedness. If theres that much dysfunction within your team and it revolves around a coach... axe him. who the hell cares about interm head coach throw anyone there and work on figuring out your next move. This is inexcusable, and downright pathetic and the fact they have the audacity to say "we support him".. wowwwww.
                  i'm going to stop i'm letting this anger me way more than what it should... I have no ties to this team other than just enjoyment, so why i'm letting it get me wound up like this at this point is beyond me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                    The rest of the season will be about finding the rats and weeding out the quitters. Apple and Jenkins for starters.
                    Apple didn't quit he's sucked all year, he's just another bad JR draft pick. As for Jenkins yes he appears to have quit but the season is over and he was one of the best in the league last year and I wouldn't get rid of him just yet as he will be needed if there is any hope of a big turnaround in 2018.

Comment

As much as we would all like to see someone punished for this season, it makes little sense. Nobody will fix this season, that ship has long since sailed. Firing him now sets a bad precedent to the players that are not playing hard, if they are doing that because they do not like the coach. And more importantly, the Giants ownership do not believe in firing coaches mid season. This is a principle to them it seems, and one you are welcome to disagree with, but they can't go against that principle. What kind of integrity does it show if your principles only matter when things are going well?

I would be surprised if BM is brought back for 2018, but firing him now accomplishes nothing but throwing a sacrificial lamb to the angry fans. But don't be angry, its a game, it should be fun. Do what I do, I watch the Giants now like I am watching an old slapstick comedy, like Charlie Chaplin. Just laugh at the absurdity of it all, you will enjoy it a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        He should be fired, but real Giants fans know this wont happen mid season. In fact, I have been saying he has a min of 3 years, which means he will come back next year. That said, he lost the team and if he finished 1-15, Im not sure, but he 100% will finish this year.

Benny Mac will get his QB next year IMO. So will Reese.
                        that last sentence if true will set this franchise back 5 or 6 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

I think it's the reality that changing coaches now would not likely result in a change in direction AND, who would want to take that job at this point? MY hope is that Jerry Reese will be let go at the end of the end of the season. It may be that McAdoo goes as well at that point but I would not hold my breath on that. John Mara has historically hired the head coach, no doubt with input from the GM and other advisors. What I wonder about is does John Mara tell a new GM who the HC is going to be or does he ask if the new GM can live with John's choice?
                          Iím going back and forth on this, but I can understand why they wouldnít want to fire him mid-season.

But I am getting real tired of looking at him

Comment

I don't see any benefit to dumping McAdoo midseason. Now the GM on the other hand....

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

Apple didn't quit he's sucked all year, he's just another bad JR draft pick. As for Jenkins yes he appears to have quit but the season is over and he was one of the best in the league last year and I wouldn't get rid of him just yet as he will be needed if there is any hope of a big turnaround in 2018.
                              It's okay, people still haven't accepted that Apple picking is an average CB at best much like this team won't bypass Geno Smith for Davis Webb and certainly not Eli, this season. lol John Mara is not forcing anyone outside his organization to watch the Giants for the rest of season.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                As much as we would all like to see someone punished for this season, it makes little sense. Nobody will fix this season, that ship has long since sailed. Firing him now sets a bad precedent to the players that are not playing hard, if they are doing that because they do not like the coach. And more importantly, the Giants ownership do not believe in firing coaches mid season. This is a principle to them it seems, and one you are welcome to disagree with, but they can't go against that principle. What kind of integrity does it show if your principles only matter when things are going well?

I would be surprised if BM is brought back for 2018, but firing him now accomplishes nothing but throwing a sacrificial lamb to the angry fans. But don't be angry, its a game, it should be fun. Do what I do, I watch the Giants now like I am watching an old slapstick comedy, like Charlie Chaplin. Just laugh at the absurdity of it all, you will enjoy it a lot more.
                                already there i actually was laughing yesterday kept from turning it off,I do worry they might drag their feet a little to long while evaluating and might miss out on some of the better candidates,and keep us stuck with the front office as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X