Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Ownership: McAdoo 'has our support'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Mara basically barked to the media that you wait until the season's end for Mac to get fired, just like everybody else.

    I can't wait for another humiliating beat-down at home this weekend.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post


      Thats just it. It's one thing if your team is 1-8 and struggling... let it run its course. Its another when your team is 1-8, theres obvious beef between more than one player and the coach, you have guys not giving 100 percent, quitting or letting up.... how the **** do you "support" that f'n bull****. quit with the political correctedness. If theres that much dysfunction within your team and it revolves around a coach... axe him. who the hell cares about interm head coach throw anyone there and work on figuring out your next move. This is inexcusable, and downright pathetic and the fact they have the audacity to say "we support him".. wowwwww.
      i'm going to stop i'm letting this anger me way more than what it should... I have no ties to this team other than just enjoyment, so why i'm letting it get me wound up like this at this point is beyond me.
      Yeah I think there is a chance for things to get really ugly in a lot of ways....yes even uglier than it is. If guys are not trying and half assing it, that is a sure way to get seriously hurt or cause someone else to get seriously hurt. Nobody is talking about that, but it's a strong possibility. So do we now just go on and watch players jogging through games? I know I'm exaggerating but seriously? Either sit the players that are doing it, fire the coach causing it, or just bury our damn heads in the sand like an ostrich and come up. In 7 weeks.

      Great..

      Comment


      • #78
        Bottom line is....as someone else pointed out, the Giants have PSLís sold, season tickets sold, plenty of money rolling in despite the poor product on the field, so Mara doesnít give a **** about me or my brother and our 4 decades of being diehard fans.....or the money spent over that span in support of the team.
        In other words, Mara gives us the finger, while the Imbecile he was stupid enough to hire as HC gets his full support!
        Fine....**** em!!!!
        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

        John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
          In other words, Mara gives us the finger, while the Imbecile he was stupid enough to hire as HC gets his full support!
          Fine....**** em!!!!
          I stopped supporting this franchise with my wallet right after Mara and Tisch screwed over all the life-long fans in the move to the new stadium. I have never set foot in the new stadium and never will.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            Spagnuolo ? .. the man responsible for the amazing defense this season
            Yeah, the same guy responsible for last years amazing defense.

            McAdoo and the players obviously have a beef and Spagnuolo is nothing more then a casualty of war.

            Blaming him is nonsense.

            Comment


            • #81
              What I read into this (pretty clearly) he's not getting let go during the season, but as soon as season is over, everything is fair game.

              Comment


              • #82
                Mac may have their support but he doesn't have mine.
                No one remembers who came in second.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Wonder what our fans would do if everybody is brought back and forced to work things out lol

                  I remember Coughlin was clashing with players as well and it looked like he was on his way out but they stuck it out with him and thing got better between Coughlin and the players and they went from hating him to respecting him as Strahan talked about in his Hall of Fame Speech

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by pathas View Post
                    I'm sick of Mara and Tisch.
                    +1

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      all i can think of is that mara is gonna ride this losing streak all the way through the season. if he fires mac now we might rally and win 3 or 4 games and **** up the draft.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                        "The way things work" will likely result in a 1-15 team. Time to change the rules.

                        Only legitimate reason for not making a change at this point is to send a message to the pos quitting players that you don't make coaching decisions, ownership does.
                        You would rather disgruntled employees run the asylum and de-facto be permitted to fire their own coach if they don't like him? You would have to have much greater fools in ownership than you think we have now, to allow that sort of precedent to be set. How would that work out for any future coach? You'd never get anyone worth a damn to work here if they knew the players could get him fired on a whim and a laydown.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

                          I stopped supporting this franchise with my wallet right after Mara and Tisch screwed over all the life-long fans in the move to the new stadium. I have never set foot in the new stadium and never will.
                          I do agree that MetLife isn't all that. It is even worse considering that they share the joint with the jets.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                            Iím going back and forth on this, but I can understand why they wouldnít want to fire him mid-season.

                            But I am getting real tired of looking at him
                            I feel exactly the same way. There is a method to the madness though. McAdoo is the perfect man for the job of tanking the rest of this season, which ensures that the giants will get no worse than the 5th pick in the draft. The players that quit will continue to quit and the offense will continue to be a laughing stock. If they replace him now, those quitters may buy in for an intern HC. They would finish up to 6-10, put us at around 8th in the first round, and then Spags would be a potential HC for this team. I thought about this more and I am actually GLAD that McAdoo is going to finish this season out.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                              I feel exactly the same way. There is a method to the madness though. McAdoo is the perfect man for the job of tanking the rest of this season, which ensures that the giants will get no worse than the 5th pick in the draft. The players that quit will continue to quit and the offense will continue to be a laughing stock. If they replace him now, those quitters may buy in for an intern HC. They would finish up to 6-10, put us at around 8th in the first round, and then Spags would be a potential HC for this team. I thought about this more and I am actually GLAD that McAdoo is going to finish this season out.
                              The ghost of Vince Lombardi could coach this team and they're not going 5-2 in the last 7 games with their schedule. Whether or not they fire McAdoo this team is going to get a top 5 pick, most likely top 3.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Ghost View Post

                                You would rather disgruntled employees run the asylum and de-facto be permitted to fire their own coach if they don't like him? You would have to have much greater fools in ownership than you think we have now, to allow that sort of precedent to be set. How would that work out for any future coach? You'd never get anyone worth a damn to work here if they knew the players could get him fired on a whim and a laydown.
                                Can you read?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X