No announcement yet.

Giants Ownership: McAdoo 'has our support'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone being a Giants fan for any length of time knew this was coming. This organization does not fire coaches mid-season.

Makes me want to stab myself in the neck though for hoping.

Stop watching and going to the games though, if you don't, benny boy will be HC again next year.

Comment

Is that "doublespeak"(ala George Orwell's 1984) for we are looking for your replacement, start packing your bags?

Comment

There used to be something called "Giant Pride" they can choose to evaluate whenever they care, for me after watching Mac last year, get lucky and now this year just suck. I don't see any "Pride" What will it take for the head coach to admit 1. He's embarrassed and 2. He's lost control. For those two reasons alone he should be gone NOW. Yea the difference would not show up in the standings, but for "Giants Pride"​​​​​​​ a change is warranted NOW!!!
        I see "know it all semi professional" mods and Ad's profess to know better. But in this case guys I think your dead wrong of your read on the current situation. This **** show is getting worse each week, People (FANS) have laid out hard earned money for PSL's and season tickets, many thousands more spend millions of dollars on Giant merchandise and have a real emotional attachment to the "BOYS IN BLUE"
        So please don't pontificate and say it won't make a difference now or later. Fans have made this franchise one of the most valuable in all of sports, and I would not be so smug about keeping the younger ones on board this sinking ship.
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

and for anybody to expect anything different from the NYG FO is just not being real.

I have no issue with them cleaning house after the season. Doesnt make much difference at all if they do it now or later.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

But I am getting real tired of looking at him
            +1

Comment

As YA pointed the Giants don't fire front office personnel or coaches midseason......in fact they've only done it once....EVER....in their close to 100 year history (Bill Arnsparger 0-7 1976).

This organization doesn't do those kind of things......the ones who do end up in a worse place.....Jets.....Browns....etc.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't put this season on Mac and I hope they retain him for at least one more year.

I don't hold coaches accountable for players quitting.....I hold that person accountable and I don't want them anywhere near this football team....I don't give a **** how talented they are.....it shows what kind of character or lack thereof they have......what's to stop them from quitting on the next coach?!?!?!

What I saw the last two games was not a team losing because of coaching or gameplanning......rather on D I saw players quitting and not handling their very basic assignments (LITERALLY look at the very first play of the game JPP backside contain) and on O I just saw a straight up lack of talent.....O-line and receivers.

I hate Moose Johnston but he nailed it with Eli too (I'm not an Eli homer) but there were two plays where Eli avoided getting destroyed because he threw it to a spot he knew his receiver would be a second or two before he got there.......if Webb was in on either one of those plays he'd be taken off on a stretcher......and that's why you don't play him.

Comment

Posters saying "what benefit is there to firing now?" Let's, flip that for a second. What is the benefit to waiting until the end of the season? You shorten the window of time for a public and open job search. Why is that a good thing?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
                  1-15, 2-14, 4-12? Who really cares at this point. The higher the draft picks (it's not just the first round pick that matters), the better. There is no reason why they can't win 10-11 games next year.
                  Agree with this. I think the Giants will be a trendy pick next year for sure. Still have a ton of talent.

But yeah, at this point they have the #2 pick in the draft, that's what I'd want to keep at this point more than anything.

Check out the Tailgates of Hell: The NFC East Podcast for the Common Man!
                  https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...153580971?mt=2

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                    I am not. There was no way he was getting fired.
                    He was being funny. Everyone knew a move would not be made in season. There is also a strong possibility they give him a 3rd year along with Reese.

But if something was to be done it would be after the season not during no matter how bad it gets
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• The confidence they have in him is he will get them to the first or second pick...

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

"The way things work" will likely result in a 1-15 team. Time to change the rules.

Only legitimate reason for not making a change at this point is to send a message to the pos quitting players that you don't make coaching decisions, ownership does.
                        Whats wrong with 1-15 team as long as the games are competitive, and the young players are put into meaningful NFL games for us to see what they have. Its the best possible outcome.

No one wants to see Ben run off 6 in row and like his old boss, do it again next year

1-15 will insure massive changes, just look at Ray Handley's last year with us.

Then again, if we could somehow give Philly and Dallas a good pounding I wouldn't mind

People keep talking about this Barkley guy like he is the second coming of Jim Brown, but frankly I dont think RB is our #1, 2, or 3 problem. Is this kid that good? I also dont get why Darkwa's 5 YPC for the year behind a questionable Oline does not earn him more respect from you and others on here. Galman too seem to be "getting the hang" of north/south lane discipline lately I dont think we should be worried about RB's

Looking at Barkley's stats at 5.4 YPC his whole career at Penn State does not blow me away.....Darkwa does that in the pros
                        Last edited by BlueClue; 11-14-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

Whats wrong with 1-15 team as long as the games are competitive, and the young players are put into meaningful NFL games for us to see what they have. Its the best possible outcome.

No one wants to see Ben run off 6 in row and like his old boss, do it again next year

1-15 will insure massive changes, just look at Ray Handley's last year with us.

Then again, if we could somehow give Philly and Dallas a good pounding I wouldn't mind

People keep talking about this Barkley guy like he is the second coming of Jim Brown, but frankly I dont think RB is our #1, 2, or 3 problem. Is this kid that good? I also dont get why Darkwa's 5 YPC for the year behind a questionable Oline does not earn him more respect from you and others on here. Galman too seem to be "getting the hang" of north/south lane discipline lately I dont think we should be worried about RB's

Looking at Barkley's stats at 5.4 YPC his whole career at Penn State does not blow me away.....Darkwa does that in the pros
                          Stopped reading after "what's wrong with 1-15"....

Comment

• as long as Mara does what he HAS to do and fire both of these bungling pompous ***holes Reese and Mcadon't who have steered the ship straight into the biggest iceberg ever, but as long as he delivers and fires them both - then I don't care and i am happy to root for 1-15. If Mara weasles out of it...there will be all holy hell to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmet View Post
                              Posters saying "what benefit is there to firing now?" Let's, flip that for a second. What is the benefit to waiting until the end of the season? You shorten the window of time for a public and open job search. Why is that a good thing?
                              You can't talk to any active coaches
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

He was being funny. Everyone knew a move would not be made in season. There is also a strong possibility they give him a 3rd year along with Reese.

But if something was to be done it would be after the season not during no matter how bad it gets
                                I agree. I still think he the worst HC in Football and the includes Pop Warner.
                                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X