Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did we go from having the best secondary to this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Only a HC over his head delivers "indefinite suspensions" repeatedly to demonstrate to his wife that he is a tough guy.
    Amateur hour at the Timex Center really.
    That is one of the sillier things he has done. 2 indefinite suspensions that lasted one game, to the surprise of no one. Just makes him look like a fool.

Comment

You said it yourself but dont want to bieve it. Our CBs gave up on the HC.

Comment

Last year they were labeled NYPD.
        This year they’re called E-ZPass

Comment

They combined elements of a soft zone and man to man to come up with a soft man scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post
            Something must have happened in that locker room we don't know about yet.
            This.

But IMO the players are not very smart by responding by quitting. Maybe it makes them feel better momentarily, but they are putting on film these "efforts" for the world to see. In an era of free agency, this is not smart.

I know that I for one no longer trust any of these players.
            Last edited by scoostraw; 11-14-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
              Last year they were labeled NYPD.
              This year they’re called E-ZPass
              HAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                It just doesn't make any sense.

Last year the Giants fielded the greatest secondary in the team's history, and all of them returned.

What the hell could have possibly happened to that group?

I cannot imagine a Head Coach upsetting a position group so bad that they quit on themselves and their teammates.
                They are just trying to be at par with the offense.
                1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

It just doesn't make any sense.

Last year the Giants fielded the greatest secondary in the team's history, and all of them returned.

What the hell could have possibly happened to that group?

I cannot imagine a Head Coach upsetting a position group so bad that they quit on themselves and their teammates.
                  To answer your question:

1. Landin collins is very overrated. Yes he makes a big hit here and there but he can't cover my grandma. I don't care about the big hit I just care about not giving up the big play.

2. Not sure why but spags defense leaves players so wide open it's not even funny. And this is before the whole giving up. For example look at the bucs game. #3could be the answer or #4

3. The pass rush is just horrible. No secondary is gonna be able to over people when a qb has all day to throw. Jpp didn't even show up vs a winless 49ers team, now you know that's bad because he only shows up vs the bad teams.

4. Defense is just too complicated. Sometimes simple is better. But I don't know much about x and o
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

This.

But IMO the players are not very smart by responding by quitting. Maybe it makes them feel better momentarily, but they are putting on film these "efforts" for the world to see. In an era of free agency, this is not smart.

I know that I for one no longer trust any of these players.
                    Exactly.

I don't know if they're too stupid to realize how they've tarnished their own careers or they just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

To answer your question:

1. Landin collins is very overrated. Yes he makes a big hit here and there but he can't cover my grandma. I don't care about the big hit I just care about not giving up the big play.

2. Not sure why but spags defense leaves players so wide open it's not even funny. And this is before the whole giving up. For example look at the bucs game. #3could be the answer or #4

3. The pass rush is just horrible. No secondary is gonna be able to over people when a qb has all day to throw. Jpp didn't even show up vs a winless 49ers team, now you know that's bad because he only shows up vs the bad teams.

4. Defense is just too complicated. Sometimes simple is better. But I don't know much about x and o
                      Collins has certainly been exposed this year as have all the DB's.

But it's just unfathomable based on the way they played last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

What are you talking about? The giants have 2 of the top 10 highest paid dlinemen in the league. Snacks is in the top 30. And they have used like 3 2nd round draft picks on dt over the past several years.
                        When you pay that much $$$ for DE's, they better make a difference with their pass rush. JPP and Vernon are good players, but they are not difference makers. Their pass rush is non-existent against good teams. They are grossly overpaid thanks to idiotic Reese.

Comment

Exactly.

I don't know if they're too stupid to realize how they've tarnished their own careers or they just don't care.
                          Rodney Harrison used a phrase last week that players are "young and rich" and don't really care.

It's one of the reasons I have slowly been caring less and less about football as the years tick by.

Comment

Collins has certainly been exposed this year as have all the DB's.

But it's just unfathomable based on the way they played last year.
                            In addition to what's been said above, other teams had a long time to watch the film from an entire season and scheme against it.

Last season the Giants' defense took everyone by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                              Because Reese doesn't realize a pass rush is more important. He spends limited salary cap money and high draft picks on the secondary before building a pass rush. That is *** backwards.

He does the same on offense. Accrues weapons before building a quality OL. *** backwards.

I can't wait until he is fired.
                              One things Jerry Reese definitely doesn't do is minimize the importance of a pass rush. He will minimize the importance of other things, but not that.
                              It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Coaching makes a huge difference the NFL. You see it every week. I guess some of that is game plan, and some of it is managing the players' emotions and egos. The impact of the head coach in particular is clearly much bigger in the NFL than in MLB and the NBA on a week-to-week basis.

That must be at least partially because of the sheer number of players involved, the physicality of the NFL game, where there is a high risk of injury, and all the moving parts that need to come together at game time.

I think it's pretty obvious that the biggest problem with the Giants is the coaching. Basically all of the commentators I have heard seem to agree. I wouldn't buy into any one person's take individually, but collectively, that tends to confirm what fans are seeing.

There are plenty of teams that lose and continue to play hard. McAdoo seems to have problems with both sides: he's managed to alienate his players, while also running a terrible offensive scheme for the 2nd year in a row. There have been rumors that he also interfered with the defensive scheme.

He just doesn't seem to be able to deal with it. Even in the press conferences he looks lost and is constantly throwing responsibility on the players. After the 49ers game, he didn't call anyone out individually, but he did imply that the players were responsible for not motivating themselves. He makes it sound like the coach can't really have an impact, but we see every week that coaches do have that type of impact.

So, anyway. Maybe he can get it together, but I think it's unlikely.
                                Last edited by NYinNJ; 11-14-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X