Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did we go from having the best secondary to this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

To answer your question:

1. Landin collins is very overrated. Yes he makes a big hit here and there but he can't cover my grandma. I don't care about the big hit I just care about not giving up the big play.

2. Not sure why but spags defense leaves players so wide open it's not even funny. And this is before the whole giving up. For example look at the bucs game. #3could be the answer or #4

3. The pass rush is just horrible. No secondary is gonna be able to over people when a qb has all day to throw. Jpp didn't even show up vs a winless 49ers team, now you know that's bad because he only shows up vs the bad teams.

4. Defense is just too complicated. Sometimes simple is better. But I don't know much about x and o
    JPP?? What happened to him?? Where is the guy that was all over the place whether the opposition was good or bad?? The 2010/2011 JPP is sorely missed. I truly thought he was on his way to having a HOF career. It just seems like we don't have Giants players with a sustained dominance for a long period of time outside of Stray. It's couple of good years and then bam career over.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

Rodney Harrison used a phrase last week that players are "young and rich" and don't really care.

It's one of the reasons I have slowly been caring less and less about football as the years tick by.

In addition to what's been said above, other teams had a long time to watch the film from an entire season and scheme against it.

Last season the Giants' defense took everyone by surprise.
      One would think maybe our offensive coaches could do the same to other defenses, yes?

rwZwZ9j.jpg?fb.jpg

And I'm with you about caring less and less about football.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
        Because Reese doesn't realize a pass rush is more important. He spends limited salary cap money and high draft picks on the secondary before building a pass rush. That is *** backwards.

He does the same on offense. Accrues weapons before building a quality OL. *** backwards.

I can't wait until he is fired.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

JPP?? What happened to him?? Where is the guy that was all over the place whether the opposition was good or bad?? The 2010/2011 JPP is sorely missed. I truly thought he was on his way to having a HOF career. It just seems like we don't have Giants players with a sustained dominance for a long period of time outside of Stray. It's couple of good years and then bam career over.
          Injuries and he got paid. I'm sure the smart gms in the league were laughing at jr when he gave him that contract. But it's the giants way now. They draft good players but then get hurt and are never the same.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

The brilliant Jerry Reese gave him a contract for 17 mil. a year. 35 mil. a season for him and Vernon and they combine to get less sacks than most tandem DE's on other teams making half that.

Comment

JPP?? What happened to him?? Where is the guy that was all over the place whether the opposition was good or bad??
              He got paid. That's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

One would think maybe our offensive coaches could do the same to other defenses, yes?
                Jeez what an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NYinNJ View Post
                  Coaching makes a huge difference the NFL. You see it every week. I guess some of that is game plan, and some of it is managing the players' emotions and egos. The impact of the head coach in particular is clearly much bigger in the NFL than in MLB and the NBA on a week-to-week basis.
                  This.

I remember a player from the Parcells era saying that Parcells made him want to "run through walls" (or words to that effect) for him. Yes the head coach is of paramount importance in the NFL.

I actually had hopes for McAdoo. It's sad how things have played out. But again, these guys ALL go home with their pockets full of money. So why should I care?

Comment

Obviously its all Spags fault. He must of had a serious stroke this off season and lost all ability to coach...

Or the defense just gave up on the Head Coach who suspended a couple of them.....

Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

He got paid. That's what happened.
                      Even before he got paid, he wasn't the JPP we saw from the earlier years.....JPP had that monster 2011 season and a solid rookie year and he never took it to the next level like a Von Miller or JJ Watt imo.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisSmith33 View Post

One things Jerry Reese definitely doesn't do is minimize the importance of a pass rush. He will minimize the importance of other things, but not that.
                        What pass rushers are on the current roster? The Giants are last in the NFL with 13 sacks. Reese is clueless evaluating pass rush talent. Reese spent big money on JPP and Vernon, and they are invisible against good teams.

Comment

JPP will play great during his next contract year. He sucks now that he has the big money contract.

Comment

JPP will play great during his next contract year. He sucks now that he has the big money contract.
                            Jpp didn't even play that great last year. His nickname is the magician. Guy dominated a couple games last year and nothing else.
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                              It just doesn't make any sense.

Last year the Giants fielded the greatest secondary in the team's history, and all of them returned.

What the hell could have possibly happened to that group?

I cannot imagine a Head Coach upsetting a position group so bad that they quit on themselves and their teammates.
                              I'm inclined to agree with Max Kellerman and later, Mike Golic who offered talent does not disperse over one year and felt while the talent still remained, the heart and desire was lacking. It was further mentioned players, as a group, seem to lack that intangible called "killer instinct". While JPP once had it, currently, no one on the defense seems to be able to finish.

Lastly, Golic said when things get bad, players with heart play for pride and because they're paid and have committed to do so. The Giant players can use the excuse in regard to coaching, but nothing excuses quiting on the team, organization and fans, as they have. In doing so, they become no better than the coach they seem to believe has quit on them.

Comment

Because Reese doesn't realize a pass rush is more important. He spends limited salary cap money and high draft picks on the secondary before building a pass rush. That is *** backwards.

He does the same on offense. Accrues weapons before building a quality OL. *** backwards.

I can't wait until he is fired.
                                Reese has always placed a high emphasis on pass rushers. We have two great ones in Vernon and JPP, should they be playing 99% of snaps? probably not, thats not his call.

Are you making things up again?

Comment

Working...
                                X