Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eli not playing well on purpose (last few weeks)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eli not playing well on purpose (last few weeks)?

Ok one has to wonder if Eli is intentionally not performing well to make sure the Giants end up with the worst record in the NFL or at least close? To me the last two games its seems like he is missing open receivers that he just wouldn't miss regularly--shots down the field that were clear over throws. Also his losing the ball. We all know "tanking" on purpose is definitely a concern in all the sports because at this point what possible benefit is there to winning a game? And in fact, the opposite is true--losing games make sense. All Giants fans really should hope for a 1-15 season at this point.

Nahh Eli just makes bad throws and bone head plays from time to time. The Defense, now thatís another story.

Comment

Ace, I'm glad you took the time to post your thoughts on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Ok one has to wonder if Eli is intentionally not performing well to make sure the Giants end up with the worst record in the NFL or at least close? To me the last two games its seems like he is missing open receivers that he just wouldn't miss regularly--shots down the field that were clear over throws. Also his losing the ball. We all know "tanking" on purpose is definitely a concern in all the sports because at this point what possible benefit is there to winning a game? And in fact, the opposite is true--losing games make sense. All Giants fans really should hope for a 1-15 season at this point.
        I cant speak to the Rams game, didnít see, but what game were you watching yesterday, he completed, I think. Like 70% of his passes, yes he had that stupid fumble, but thatís Eli.

Comment

Eli has no logical vested interest in tanking, unless there is some $erious motivation in play.

Comment

The bad game was in terrible weather. Even Goff was missing badly on several throws. Eli played pretty good vs SF. Made some tough throws while taking hits.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
              The bad game was in terrible weather. Even Goff was missing badly on several throws. Eli played pretty good vs SF. Made some tough throws while taking hits.
              He was off on a couole of throws and I think all 3 of them traveled 40+ yards in the air.

Comment

I`m not known as a fan of Eli, but I thought he made some nice throws against the 49 ers. Now if you want to talk about the Rams game- let`s just say we would be signing the praises of Tavarres King if Eli had been accurate through-out.

Comment

The td pass to Engram was as good a pass thrown by any qb this weekend. He still makes throws that seriously I know my rep of being a homer and this will get chalked up to that and dismissed but it's the truth: he still makes throws that you just do not see except for in the top echelon qb.

the other thing in regards to st. Luis people need to watch the play focusing on the qb even after he released. When a qb is hit even after he appears to have delivered the ball, it will augment the intended accuracy. Against st Luis and even sf eli routinely was blasted after he released the ball. Edit- it's been all year really. Really it's been as long as I can remember. Man I wish he had 1 season just 1 he got the protecti9n a Brady or Ben or Rodgers or brees gets.

here let me explain it like this: the follow through is every bit as important for accuracy as it is for the delivery the idea being the qb can shift the weight correctly and utilizing the proper mechanics, make an accurate pass. But when the qb is hit and the follow through prevented, it will lead to...

guess what...

over throws/missing high. And I'm not absolving myself either in real time I am going wtf. Only until some tape and I see eli can never really follow through and I actually kind of marvel he is even accurate as he is.

before thos gets dismissed bring this premise to a non bias 3rd party like a YA. This is not bs. Now this doesn't mean eli never misses or can't still make a play above the x and o. Still it's true eli.is constantly getting blasted even after he throws it.

seriously go watch the st Luis game it was even to the point the first time ever I saw defenders trying to ease eli down instead of slam him bc they were getting repeated shots.
                  Last edited by giantsfan420; 11-13-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- Eli is trying to go 1-15.

Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      He's done it his entire career.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        The td pass to Engram was as good a pass thrown by any qb this weekend. He still makes throws that seriously I know my rep of being a homer and this will get chalked up to that and dismissed but it's the truth: he still makes throws that you just do not see except for in the top echelon qb.

the other thing in regards to st. Luis people need to watch the play focusing on the qb even after he released. When a qb is hit even after he appears to have delivered the ball, it will augment the intended accuracy. Against st Luis and even sf eli routinely was blasted after he released the ball. Edit- it's been all year really. Really it's been as long as I can remember. Man I wish he had 1 season just 1 he got the protecti9n a Brady or Ben or Rodgers or brees gets.

here let me explain it like this: the follow through is every bit as important for accuracy as it is for the delivery the idea being the qb can shift the weight correctly and utilizing the proper mechanics, make an accurate pass. But when the qb is hit and the follow through prevented, it will lead to...

guess what...

over throws/missing high. And I'm not absolving myself either in real time I am going wtf. Only until some tape and I see eli can never really follow through and I actually kind of marvel he is even accurate as he is.

before thos gets dismissed bring this premise to a non bias 3rd party like a YA. This is not bs. Now this doesn't mean eli never misses or can't still make a play above the x and o. Still it's true eli.is constantly getting blasted even after he throws it.

seriously go watch the st Luis game it was even to the point the first time ever I saw defenders trying to ease eli down instead of slam him bc they were getting repeated shots.
                        simpsons___burns_excellent.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

He's done it his entire career.
                          Are you sure?

Cause I could swear none of that has ever happened to him before.

Comment

put almost any other qb behind this piece of **** line. you will see a ****ing massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

guess what...

Yeah I noticed that too, they showed alot of concern after he was down I think even tried to help him up a couple of times.

Comment

Working...
                              X