Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we aren't firing McAclue-less today, can we at least sack Reese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we aren't firing McAclue-less today, can we at least sack Reese?

Someone needs to get the chop for putting us in this embarrassing mess. Ideally - it would be both now so their replacements can come in, assess the team with a few games left and move forward on that, BUT, it is seemingly not happening that way.

Jerry Reese isn't just some NFL GM. Jerry Reese is Giants family. He was raised in the Giants family. TC, McAdoo, even guys like Ernie Accorsi can be fired.
    Jerry Reese is different. It would kill the Maras to fire a member of the family. If it's done, and I hope it isn't, it won't be some impetuous act as you seem to be describing.
    It would probably be the hardest thing John Mara would ever do.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Jerry Reese isn't just some NFL GM. Jerry Reese is Giants family. He was raised in the Giants family. TC, McAdoo, even guys like Ernie Accorsi can be fired.
      Jerry Reese is different. It would kill the Maras to fire a member of the family. If it's done, and I hope it isn't, it won't be some impetuous act as you seem to be describing.
      And unfortunately - he is letting the family down. Mara needs to open is tiny little eyes and see what is best for the family (starting to sound like a mafia film now) - but it needs to be done. A good clear out.

Could I ask though - why is it you hope Reese doesn't get the boot?

Comment

Can we please stop with the nonsense. It no longer matters that reese is giants family. The results are the same. No playoffs for another season. This isn't one bad season under reese either. Reese has presided over a couple of bad seasons since 2011. He blamed TC for the losing seasons throwing him under a bus. Now he will try to save his job again by throwing BM under the same bus. How many HCs will reese blame until its finally time for him to take some responsiblity for the mess?

Comment

Originally posted by UK-BigBlue View Post
          Someone needs to get the chop for putting us in this embarrassing mess. Ideally - it would be both now so their replacements can come in, assess the team with a few games left and move forward on that, BUT, it is seemingly not happening that way.
          Any replacement for McAdoo or JR is likely working with another team, so they aren't going to leave another team mid-season to come work for the Giants. A new GM and HC can assess the mess after the season is over.
          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

Any replacement for McAdoo or JR is likely working with another team, so they aren't going to leave another team mid-season to come work for the Giants. A new GM and HC can assess the mess after the season is over.
            I personally feel the new GM and HC need to come in ASAP, get to know the players, the attitude around the locker room, the culture within it and asses from there - he doesn't need to create results by season end - but to get that insight before deciding who to cut, who to resign, who to trade for etc can only come from being with the team, not doing Ben Big B0ll0cks and staring aimlessly at tape.

Comment

And unfortunately - he is letting the family down. Mara needs to open is tiny little eyes and see what is best for the family (starting to sound like a mafia film now) - but it needs to be done. A good clear out.

How is he letting the family down?

I have saying this for a while now

You don't find it coincidental, as soon a Chris Mara became senior VP of player personnel in 2011 the team fell apart shortly after. A new GM may not fix anything. It may as you suggest not be a easily blamed on the GM as you think it is .

If the Giants fire Reese ( I don't think they will) I have a very strong feeling Chris Mara will become the GM. People think we are at rock bottom now?
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

You don't find it coincidental, as soon a Chris Mara became senior VP of player personnel in 2011 the team fell apart shortly after. A new GM may not fix anything. It may as you suggest not be a easily blamed on the GM as you think it is .

If the Giants fire Reese ( I don't think they will) I have a very strong feeling Chris Mara will become the GM. People think we are at rock bottom now?
                Everything from generally poor drafting (the most inept of people could have seen we could have traded down for that brat Apple) - to overpaying for FA's that aren't worth it - to the point blank refusal and stubbornness to not fix our OL year after year. These factors alone aren't the reason we a in the position we are in, but they all mound up and brought us here (along with the clueless McAdoo).

He should've been sacked when TC was (rightly or wrongly) shown the door.

Comment

They should fire reese because he has presided over many bad seasons. If they can fire TC even after 2 superbowls, then they can certaintly fire reese. Even if the new gm cannot fix everything, what makes you think reese can fix it, he hasn't been able to fix anything since 2011. In fact he let the talent drain since 2011 without adequate replacements. He had to spend last offseason to aquire adequate replacements. How good of a gm can he be?

Comment

Everything from generally poor drafting (the most inept of people could have seen we could have traded down for that brat Apple) - to overpaying for FA's that aren't worth it - to the point blank refusal and stubbornness to not fix our OL year after year. These factors alone aren't the reason we a in the position we are in, but they all mound up and brought us here (along with the clueless McAdoo).

He should've been sacked when TC was (rightly or wrongly) shown the door.
                    The Owner hires the Coach not the GM

It seems you allow your emotions to undermine the truth.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

The Owner hires the Coach not the GM

It seems you allow your emotions to undermine the truth.
                      Apologies, but I think you have misread - I haven't suggested that the GM hires the HC. I am saying the GM's bad decisions + Ben McAdoo have got us into this situation. Not that Ben McAdoo is one of the GM's bad decisions.

Comment

........do what? You want JR to stay? How many drafts does he have to screw up? How many sub-par Free Agents does he have to overpay? Gotta be honest, I'm having a hard time thinking of a single reason to keep him.
                        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                        Garrett Bolles - OT
                        David Njoku - TE
                        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Apologies, but I think you have misread - I haven't suggested that the GM hires the HC. I am saying the GM's bad decisions + Ben McAdoo have got us into this situation. Not that Ben McAdoo is one of the GM's bad decisions.
                          So you believe John and Chris Mara hold no responsibility for this . John gave Chris the same status in the FO as the GM and John puts his ok on the transactions. Like I said just getting as new HC solved nothing. Getting a new GM may not give the desired results.

Comment

So you believe John and Chris Mara hold no responsibility for this . John gave Chris the same status in the FO as the GM and John puts his ok on the transactions. Like I said just getting as new HC solved nothing. Getting a new GM may not give the desired results.
                            Once again - unsure where you're getting this from. I haven't said that John and Chris hold no responsibility - but it is slightly harder to get rid of John now isn't it? As for Chris - we'll, he truly is family. They hold the keys to fixing this mess - not Reese and McAdoo (which this post is originally about). If we stick by these two (Ben and Jerry), we are screwed, a change is needed and as mentioned above, this should've happened when TC was a goner.

Comment

I'll repeat what John Mara said in his press conference after the 2015 season.
                              Paraphrasing....."I can't remember a single time where the HC disagreed with a personnel decision"

Do you know why we drafted Apple over Hargreaves? Because Spags system fits Apples ability more than Hargreaves.
                              JR is the final decision maker on who to draft, and is ultimately responsible for those picks.
                              but the coach gets the players he wants here.
                              Why do you think Tom Coughlin was at every combine with his little stop watch. I think McAdoo has less gravitas then TC did. Maybe that's why the last 2 drafts have been so good.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X