Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we aren't firing McAclue-less today, can we at least sack Reese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'll repeat what John Mara said in his press conference after the 2015 season.
    Paraphrasing....."I can't remember a single time where the HC disagreed with a personnel decision"

Do you know why we drafted Apple over Hargreaves? Because Spags system fits Apples ability more than Hargreaves.
    JR is the final decision maker on who to draft, and is ultimately responsible for those picks.
    but the coach gets the players he wants here.
    Why do you think Tom Coughlin was at every combine with his little stop watch. I think McAdoo has less gravitas then TC did. Maybe that's why the last 2 drafts have been so good.
    so how many coaches must be gone through until reese is held accountable for this mess?
    Again, it doesn't matter if reese is a lifelong giant or that his recent drafts are supposedly good. The results speak for themselves. No playoffs since 2011 until last season on top of this 1-9 season. If TC can be fired after 2 superbowls then reese has to be held to that same standard. Unless you are saying reese bares no blame but can take all of the credit for the 2 superbowls.
    It would seem to me that the excuses for absolving reese for this mess are getting as ridiculous as you believe the defense of Eli are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by UK-BigBlue View Post

Once again - unsure where you're getting this from. I haven't said that John and Chris hold no responsibility - but it is slightly harder to get rid of John now isn't it? As for Chris - we'll, he truly is family. They hold the keys to fixing this mess - not Reese and McAdoo (which this post is originally about). If we stick by these two (Ben and Jerry), we are screwed, a change is needed and as mentioned above, this should've happened when TC was a goner.
      Again you miss my point . I strongly feel just getting a new GM is what the Browns and teams like them do. I get it you don't care for Reese and with good reason.

IMO
      It could be as simple as a series of bad incidents that just happened in brutal sequence that produced what we see.

For the sake it is not and ownership wants to find out where the problem lies. A full audit of the decision making process that transpired to get the team to this point has to be done This should be done before any knee jerk reaction is suggested or implemented.. If the root cause of the problem is not discovered prior to any change. It can't be fixed by just firing everyone. It could be the GM or the coach or it could be coming from higher up the chain. If ownership wants to right the ship. What they have done with decisions should also must be looked upon without bias. If it proves not to be the GM but another source . Getting a new GM will produce more of the same. I am not saying it is not the GM. I am saying it may not be the GM because he was not handed full control of the decision process.
      `
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Paraphrasing....."I can't remember a single time where the HC disagreed with a personnel decision"

Do you know why we drafted Apple over Hargreaves? Because Spags system fits Apples ability more than Hargreaves.
        JR is the final decision maker on who to draft, and is ultimately responsible for those picks.
        Why do you think Tom Coughlin was at every combine with his little stop watch. I think McAdoo has less gravitas then TC did. Maybe that's why the last 2 drafts have been so good.
        Firstly - John Mara would always say that.

Secondly - some hits and some misses in the draft (as there always is), but its certainly been more bad than good over the years. Throw in FA and we are on a steep downhill trend.

Comment

your kidding right did you see the kind of players jacksonville drafted the first time TC was there nothing like the combine stars that Reese and Ross/Mara bring in,and now in his second stint they drafted a big power back physical OL and Miles Jack to boot, in your wildest dreams you will never see Reese grab a guy like Jack stop blaming everyone and anyone for Reeses short comings,the roster is his and no one else's.

Comment

Firstly - John Mara would always say that.

Secondly - some hits and some misses in the draft (as there always is), but its certainly been more bad than good over the years. Throw in FA and we are on a steep downhill trend.
            Simple enough if your good in the draft you don't spend 100 mill never mind 200mill on free agents,at least it looks like dogs like Jenkens don't have much guaranteed money after this year thats the only plus,can't build through free agency.

Comment

I dont care how long Reese has been here, it will be that much easier to kick him out.
              Does anyone trust him with a top 5 pick? Or even a 1st overall? And at this rate hell have the o-line fixed by the year 2030.
              Give him his gold watch and send him packing...
              Last edited by primetime; 11-14-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

Any replacement for McAdoo or JR is likely working with another team, so they aren't going to leave another team mid-season to come work for the Giants. A new GM and HC can assess the mess after the season is over.
                Exactly this!
                Some of these comments are so stupid. Letting him go now gains them nothing. Unless they are 100% sure the replacement is already in the building whats the point.
                The patriots head talent scout isn't walking away from his team to oversee the end of our 1-15 season.
                Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                  I dont care how long Reese has been here, it will be that much easier to kick him out.
                  Does anyone trust him with a top 5 pick? Or even a 1st overall? And at this rate hell have the o-line fixed by the year 2030.
                  Give him his gold watch and send him packing...
                  Exactly that - as much as ownership should take some responsibility for this mess - they hold the keys to the castle and they're NEVER kicking themselves out of their positions.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Exactly this!
                    Some of these comments are so stupid. Letting him go now gains them nothing. Unless they are 100% sure the replacement is already in the building whats the point.
                    The patriots head talent scout isn't walking away from his team to oversee the end of our 1-15 season.
                    Keeping them here gains nothing - we need to start planning for next season, not taking care of the people who have destroyed the current one because 'it's not the Giants way' or 'nobody will walk away from their role to oversee this season'. Ben knows he won't be here next season so how much of his time is preparing the Giants for next season?

Comment

Jerry Reese isn't just some NFL GM. Jerry Reese is Giants family. He was raised in the Giants family. TC, McAdoo, even guys like Ernie Accorsi can be fired.
                      Jerry Reese is different. It would kill the Maras to fire a member of the family. If it's done, and I hope it isn't, it won't be some impetuous act as you seem to be describing.
                      It would probably be the hardest thing John Mara would ever do.
                      I don't see it happening because the team has talent. A lack of talent is not our problem.

The team obviously does not believe in this head coach.

And if we look at what he's done to this offense in the 2 years he's owned it, it makes perfect sense why they wouldn't have trust in the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I don't see it happening because the team has talent. A lack of talent is not our problem.

And if we look at what he's done to this offense in the 2 years he's owned it, it makes perfect sense why they wouldn't have trust in the guy.

While I agree the team does have talent. I'm sort of worn out on all the excuses. We were saying the same thing when TC was still here. The team has talent, TC has forgotten how to manage the clock. The coaches help pick the players, JR has final say but he just does what the coaches want.

At some point in time when you blame all these variables for the suck and the suck still remains...you need to start blaming the one constant.

With that being said...I think we have as good of a chance as Vince Lombardi being our next HC as we do getting a new GM.
                        Last edited by jwhorner6; 11-14-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

so his past failed season are anyone else's fault except reese?
                          If they can fire TC after 2 superbowl seasons, then they can certaintly fire reese. No more excuses, no more throwing coaches under a bus because reese cannot take responsilbity for his own failures.

Comment

Keeping them here gains nothing - we need to start planning for next season, not taking care of the people who have destroyed the current one because 'it's not the Giants way' or 'nobody will walk away from their role to oversee this season'. Ben knows he won't be here next season so how much of his time is preparing the Giants for next season?
                            ...yep you are one of the ones that doesn't get it. It has NOTHING to do with the "giants way" at this point. No one from ANY FO or ANY coaching staff that is actually successful is gonna leave their team mid season. They are trying to get to a super bowl right now.
                            There is a reason why coaches usually don't go anywhere until the regular season is over unless they are fired.
                            The "preparation for next season" that is taking place now is simply making a list of probable candidates and maybe maybe some preliminary phone calls, if thats even allowed.
                            Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Jerry Reese isn't just some NFL GM. Jerry Reese is Giants family. He was raised in the Giants family. TC, McAdoo, even guys like Ernie Accorsi can be fired.
                              Jerry Reese is different. It would kill the Maras to fire a member of the family. If it's done, and I hope it isn't, it won't be some impetuous act as you seem to be describing.
                              It would probably be the hardest thing John Mara would ever do.
                              You would hope it isn't? What's wrong with you? He's drafted terribly and did nothing to address the terrible o-line this offseason. You want him to remain GM because he's "family"?? Wow that's a great reason!

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

your kidding right did you see the kind of players jacksonville drafted the first time TC was there nothing like the combine stars that Reese and Ross/Mara bring in,and now in his second stint they drafted a big power back physical OL and Miles Jack to boot, in your wildest dreams you will never see Reese grab a guy like Jack stop blaming everyone and anyone for Reeses short comings,the roster is his and no one else's.
                                Evan Engram is one of the favorites for Rookie of the Year. And Miles Jack was drafted long before Tom Coughlin joined Jax.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X