Mac has to go....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I look at both sides. It is the only way to be objective. I am conveying it is not the model, It has produced Championships. it is the process within the model needs to be tweaked. Some where along the line it want awry . It is the same in business . You don't change a good business model , You find a way to make it work or find out why it stopped working.
    Exactly what I'm saying to be honest - the model can continue as before, the tweak being a change in the failing GM and HC.

Comment

Originally posted by UK-BigBlue View Post

Exactly what I'm saying to be honest - the model can continue as before, the tweak being a change in the failing GM and HC.
      It the trail of bad decisions does I agree. What if it does not and they get a New GM ( The coach is an idiot. A 5 year old could produce the same results) Then the process has to begin again and more time wasted. A full audit must be done prior to any changes.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        He will go ... just not yet
        Everyone will go...just not yet. Do you think he will go at the end of the year? That is what I'm thinking. I doubt they do it mid season, they gain nothing from that.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I'll give you a better reason.

YOU CAN'T SIGN FREE AGENTS WITH A LAME DUCK COACH

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            I am always on the conservative side of things when it comes to firing people. Whether it is Eli or Reese or Mac or anyone else that people scream to get fired I generally think that firing people won't always fix the issues. The Steelers kept Cowler for 14 years before he won the big one, that is unheard of in todays NFL. Most NFL coaches win their first SB in the first 3-5 years or never, so I always think the HC deserves at least 3 seasons to do his job.

With that said I believe Mac has to get fired. Not for bad game planning, or play calling or playbook design; but because he has clearly lost this team. That is the one thing as a HC you absolutely can't do. Tom Coughlin is a HOF coach and he was nearly fired for the same thing. I don't think the Giants will give Mac the same leeway.
            Let's not forget that Cowher's Steelers made the playoffs in his fist six years and 10 of his 15 years coaching. They were always competitive unlike this dumpster fire that we are witnessing.

Comment

Why doe the trend need to be changed? They have been in 5 and won 4. I don't see your logic in changing a model that has produced. Changing the GM may not change the way the Ownership does business. That is the point you miss.
              Because there's no guarantee of that trend continuing? Sucking for 8 years then winning a SB in the 9th is fluky and not some grand scheme by Mara that has worked out just how he planned it. Changing the GM will mean better drafts and someone who actually thinks the O-line is relevant to a football team.

Comment

I think Mara will look at MCAdoo's resume, which includes 2 good offensive seasons here as a OC and 1 good season as a HC (11-5 playoffs), and 1 terrible one. If we all think we know how he thinks, he will most likely give him 1 more year to redeem himself unless he is just crushed by media and fan pressure, which is building fast.

I think it will be 50-50 at seasons end that he gets fired, but should be 90-10.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I don't see that . The giants live with strings of bad seasons. They rarely build a regular season juggernaut but still put trophies in the case . The teams they build are to win in the post season. Ownership will allow strings of failing seasons to put a trophy in the case every once in a while. That is what the do. Now if you don't agree with this philosophical approach to winning . You are rooting for the wrong team.
                  Giants did not have a championship winning roster in 2007 and 2011. They had a HOF coach who was able to take a bunch of pretty good players and get hot at the right time.

That formula of winning Super Bowls once in a while with mediocre-ish rosters doesn't work when you have a coach that blows. A coach that blows takes a mediocre-ish roster and goes 1-15.

Comment

Everyone will go...just not yet. Do you think he will go at the end of the year? That is what I'm thinking. I doubt they do it mid season, they gain nothing from that.
                    I think he is definitely gone at the end of the year.

To me, the "Giants way" has to go out the window when you have an Armageddon-like bad season like this one. This will likely be the worst 16 game record EVER for a Giants team.

Comment

I think he is definitely gone at the end of the year.

To me, the "Giants way" has to go out the window when you have an Armageddon-like bad season like this one. This will likely be the worst 16 game record EVER for a Giants team.
                      Them going 1-15 (or what ever we end up going) is a direct result of the team quitting and refusing to play for Mac IMO. That's why I think he won't be back. If players are playing hard for a coach you can bring him back after a bad year, if they quit and he loses the locker room you really can't bring him back and just hope the players decide to play for him.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Them going 1-15 (or what ever we end up going) is a direct result of the team quitting and refusing to play for Mac IMO. That's why I think he won't be back. If players are playing hard for a coach you can bring him back after a bad year, if they quit and he loses the locker room you really can't bring him back and just hope the players decide to play for him.
                        Agreed

Comment

Given the never ending "vote of confidence", I have to beleive there's a pretty good chance McAdoo is back next year. The ownership was out in the media supporting McAdoo today, so I wouldn't count on him being fired. Truly sad.

Comment

I hate Mac so much i feel physically sick watching this bungling moron on the sidelines. If Mara is so spineless that he allows this sh** show to continue into next year im done with the giants, i adore this team too much to watch these pompous spineless morons Mac and JR disgrace this proud franchise. McAdoo has disgraced this franchise and delivered the most embarassing season in our history if Mara is such a scared old man that he allows this i am done. Season ticket on fire and sent in the post. Spineless weasles.

Comment

Giants did not have a championship winning roster in 2007 and 2011. They had a HOF coach who was able to take a bunch of pretty good players and get hot at the right time.

That formula of winning Super Bowls once in a while with mediocre-ish rosters doesn't work when you have a coach that blows. A coach that blows takes a mediocre-ish roster and goes 1-15.
                              Both teams went through the playoffs from the wildcard. So they did build teams that were made to win in the post season.

TC you know the way I feel about thee coach. Blowing up the entire team and system ( what some want) will never happen. The Maras do not operate that way. They never have.
                              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X