Why no threads on Spags??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no threads on Spags??

So there is plenty of blame to go around. However, all I see are Ben and Jerry threads. While I agree that they both need to go, I find it interesting that there are no threads calling for Spags' head. From what I see, at least the offensive side of the ball looks like they are trying. Spags' unit seems to have flat out quit, with the exception of a few players. He has to shoulder some blame for this. The defense is his baby. If the defensive players had any respect for him at all, they would at least play hard for him. Quitting like this is going to make it hard for Spags to find a new job after this season.

I see no reason why Spags should survive this debacle either. He is, and always was, overrated in my opinion.

Comment

Spags now has orchestrated the worse defense in 2 of the last 3 seasons. He should be gone and hopefully will be gone after the season. Hes definitely overrated.

Comment

The defensive players are quitting on the head coach not Spags

I think Spags is caught in the middle of all this

it's hard to dog it on Offense and too many players are loyal to Eli.....they can still pad their stats in a meaningless season
        the defense is reactive and any lack of effort by one part is quickly exploited

Marshall was dogging it on offense and it was so obvious it was ridiculous....you cannot hide lack of effort as much on offense

its not the same dynamic

it seems equal but it's not

im fairly confident with a new HC a new GM and possibly a more mobile QB who still has the o their requisites
        this all can be turned around quickly

I think the defense could be quickly fixed by benching 3 loafers- DRC, JENKINS, AND JPP
        Last edited by BlueClue; 11-14-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Spags will not survive the firings that will come, but he isn't the problem with the defense. Poor execution and the mutiny against the HC are.
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
            The defensive players are quitting on the head coach not Spags

I think Spags is caught in the middle of all this

it's hard to dog it on Offense and too many players are loyal to Eli.....they can still pad their stats in a meaningless season
            the defense is reactive and any lack of effort by one part is quickly exploited

Marshall was dogging it on offense and it was so obvious it was ridiculous....you cannot hide lack of effort as much on offense

its not the same dynamic

it seems equal but it's not

im fairly confident with a new HC a new GM and possibly a more mobile QB who still has the o their requisites
            this all can be turned around quickly

I think the defense could be quickly fixed by benching 3 loafers- DRC, JENKINS, AND JPP
            If they respected Spags, they would put forth an effort despite they're feelings for the HC.

Comment

YA brought up that McAdoo has been tinkering with the defense this year. Not a coincidence that last year they were hitting on all cylinders, this year they decided to quit on the head coach. Not all of course...
              I think Spags is just in between a rock and a hard place.
              I also dont think hes overrated, hes had 3 top 5 defenses here. So the man knows how to coach, but this season will most certainly be his demise.

Comment

Hopefully Spags will be spared
                the man can coach a defense when not interfered with

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                  Hopefully Spags will be spared
                  the man can coach a defense when not interfered with
                  Yeah.....I don't have an issue with Spags at all. If he survives the firings I will be just fine with that,
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I would be surprised if any of the top tier coaches get fired. If anyone, the sacrificial lamb will be Quinn.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

Yeah.....I don't have an issue with Spags at all. If he survives the firings I will be just fine with that,
                      Agreed but I doubt he'll be back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

I have nothing against Spags, but I think they need to clean house, he's one of the casualties.

Comment

Ben has been overextending himself with the defense. This is about the HC not the DC. They are obviously quitting on the HC.

Spags should be given one more chance. God knows everyone else gets 50 chances to make things right. Spags should to.

Knowing this organization though, i wont bold my breath with mara making the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

If they respected Spags, they would put forth an effort despite they're feelings for the HC.
                            I concur. This is most problematic, otherwise I could actually see Mara ending this McAdoo circus early. You cannot promote a guy who's unit appears to have quit, so certain players on D did him no favors. Also, he has remained conspicuously silent on the conduct and effort of some of his players, unless someone has seen or heard something I did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

I concur. This is most problematic, otherwise I could actually see Mara ending this McAdoo circus early. You cannot promote a guy who's unit appears to have quit, so certain players on D did him no favors. Also, he has remained conspicuously silent on the conduct and effort of some of his players, unless someone has seen or heard something I did not.
                              No assistant coach would open his mouth and wade into this hurricane

Comment

Working...
                              X