• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

No assistant coach would open his mouth and wade into this hurricane
    Does he do no press?

Comment

I think many people are not speaking of Spags because we are all done with the...fire this coordinator, that coordinator patchwork BS. Time to just clean house.

Comment

I always liked Spags and still have a place in my heart for him. I always will root for him to have success. But him and Sullivan go with the rest of the coaching staff. A new HC gets to pick his own guys.

If we could get rid of the owners I'd get rid of them too. Since that's not happening everybody underneath them should have to prove why they shouldn't be shown the door and that includes family.

Comment

These defensive players can care less about spags and he will also pay the price. They aren't a bunch of strahans or tucks that were brought up through the Giants organization and bleed with pride . This is a leaderless defense and JPP is awol . When you lose, the cancers you have manifest and they have eroded any ounce of fight these guys have. They are counting their money, trying not to get hurt, and thinking about their next move

Comment

Spags might be the new HC?

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
              I always liked Spags and still have a place in my heart for him. I always will root for him to have success. But him and Sullivan go with the rest of the coaching staff. A new HC gets to pick his own guys.

If we could get rid of the owners I'd get rid of them too. Since that's not happening everybody underneath them should have to prove why they shouldn't be shown the door and that includes family.
              "A new HC gets to pick his own guys" - you're right. Well, unless you're Ben McAdoo, and you were hired by hapless Jerry and Johnny. And you don't know enough guys in the league to fill a staff, so Johnny and Jerry are there to help you put on your big-boy pants and hire a bunch of guys from the last regime.

Such a debacle, never made sense from the beginning, and it's John Mara's fault.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

If they respected Spags, they would put forth an effort despite they're feelings for the HC.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post

"A new HC gets to pick his own guys" - you're right. Well, unless you're Ben McAdoo, and you were hired by hapless Jerry and Johnny. And you don't know enough guys in the league to fill a staff, so Johnny and Jerry are there to help you put on your big-boy pants and hire a bunch of guys from the last regime.

Such a debacle, never made sense from the beginning, and it's John Mara's fault.
                  There's one reason and one reason only that McAdoo got the HC position...they didn't want to change the offense on Eli. A new HC would have almost surely demanded the right to hire and fire his staff, and they were afraid that Eli might have to learn a new offense in his advancing years. So, we ended up with the dumpster fire that is the 2017 Giants.

Comment

He shouldn't get a pass at all, a 200 Million Defense should not be playing like that. Putting all the blame on McAdoo is easy but it is some position coaches who are not doing their job very well.

Why is Tom Quinn still here as Special Teams Coach? Our Special Teams never do anything "Special" lol

Dave Marritt and Tim Walton are in charge of the secondary, so before Spags or McAdoo even have to address the secondary about their play, those are the coaches who are responsible for the secondary.

So fans need to stop looking to point the finger at just 1 Guy and thinking just firing McAdoo will fix everything. No, if they make a change EVERYBODY GOES!
                    Last edited by Sicko; 11-14-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

There's one reason and one reason only that McAdoo got the HC position...they didn't want to change the offense on Eli. A new HC would have almost surely demanded the right to hire and fire his staff, and they were afraid that Eli might have to learn a new offense in his advancing years. So, we ended up with the dumpster fire that is the 2017 Giants.
                      Don't get why it would be such a big deal for Eli to learn a new offense. Too much coddling. He can handle it. That's why you pay him $20m a yr. That said, based on the passing statistics in 2014+2015 you can see why they had reason to believe the offense would improve, not regress, under Mac. But how much is Mac's fault, and how much is it JR's catastrophic failure to build an offensive line? THey're both culpable, it's not one man or the other at fault, and they both need to be shown the door. Let's hope John Mara isn't blind and can figure this out for himself.
                      sigpic

Comment

The FO SHOULD BE SACKED and every single coach on this team should be fired right down to the trainer. Pathetic player development, horrible coaching, horrible offense and defense and as for special teams, Quinn should have been replaced years ago. BLOW IT UP and start over.

Comment

I give him a pass because he won a SB Ring with us and had a good year with the defense for us last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post

Don't get why it would be such a big deal for Eli to learn a new offense. Too much coddling. He can handle it. That's why you pay him $20m a yr. That said, based on the passing statistics in 2014+2015 you can see why they had reason to believe the offense would improve, not regress, under Mac. But how much is Mac's fault, and how much is it JR's catastrophic failure to build an offensive line? THey're both culpable, it's not one man or the other at fault, and they both need to be shown the door. Let's hope John Mara isn't blind and can figure this out for himself.
                            I don't disagree, Helmet. Obviously, it's not ALL McAdoo's fault. Reese certainly did nothing to improve the offensive line, which is a critical mistake in today's NFL. But Reese DID go out and aggressively bolster the defense a couple of years back after it proved to be a drag on the team...a bolstered defense that McAdoo has absolutely squandered through his lackluster leadership. I agree...they both must go. But, if one had to go over the other...my vote would be for McAdoo. He lost me a few weeks back when he publicly threw Eli under the bus. Hard to imagine a coach like Coughlin pulling a d__k move like that.

Comment

you guys obviously the goal line stand where we kept Seattle out of the end zone with about 13 tries from the 1 yd line......they were playing hard for him but when all this suspension stuff started it seemed the whole team went haywire.......just a bad year, write it off and hope for better next year.

The whole problem started when we projected as a real contender for the SB.....Giants teams never do well as front runners.

I dont know if Spags will be kept.....I would but I would cut/trade the dogs who rebelled. Ben obviously has to go.

Comment

Spags will be caught in the crossfire should MacAdoo-nald be fired.

If they let Mac stay he will have to fire some people in a show of authority. Spags will be gone.
                                Fan since 1970.
                                ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                                "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Working...
                                X