Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no threads on Spags??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I donít think this is on Spags. Heís had that defense playing hard for much of the first half of the season. Once Mcadoo started messing with the defense the wheels came off. They donít blitz nearly as much anymore. Coverages seem weird and the DBs arenít pressing as much as they were before.

    I dont think Spags is part of the mutiny but I also donít think heís taken much of a liking to Ben thinking he can put his hands in his defense.

    There are unwritten rules.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
      Spags will be caught in the crossfire should MacAdoo-nald be fired.

      If they let Mac stay he will have to fire some people in a show of authority. Spags will be gone.
      "SHOULD MacAdoo-nald be fired"?

      Are you suggesting that there's a chance the Giants WON'T fire McAdoo at the end of the season? I kind of figured it was a foregone conclusion. I can't help but think that the Giants organization would shed about half of its fan base if ol' Benny-boy showed up at camp next July.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

        "SHOULD MacAdoo-nald be fired"?

        Are you suggesting that there's a chance the Giants WON'T fire McAdoo at the end of the season? I kind of figured it was a foregone conclusion. I can't help but think that the Giants organization would shed about half of its fan base if ol' Benny-boy showed up at camp next July.
        The Maras have done lots of dumb things over the years.

        Possbile scenarios:

        1) Fire MacAdoodle and his assistants, keep Reese
        2) Keep MacAdoodle and fire some assistants as fall-guys like Spags, keep Reese
        3) Fire all coaches and Reese
        Last edited by WayBackFan; 11-15-2017, 08:28 AM.
        Fan since 1970.
        ---------------------





        ----------------------------------------------
        "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

          I don't disagree, Helmet. Obviously, it's not ALL McAdoo's fault. Reese certainly did nothing to improve the offensive line, which is a critical mistake in today's NFL. But Reese DID go out and aggressively bolster the defense a couple of years back after it proved to be a drag on the team...a bolstered defense that McAdoo has absolutely squandered through his lackluster leadership. I agree...they both must go. But, if one had to go over the other...my vote would be for McAdoo. He lost me a few weeks back when he publicly threw Eli under the bus. Hard to imagine a coach like Coughlin pulling a d__k move like that.
          True. If we must choose between the two, it has to be McAdoo. Ruining the defense, throwing Eli under the bus, installing a high school offense, the awful press conferences: "I'm not embarrassed giving up 51 points" or "we'll take a look at the tape", etc. But I really hope he takes Reese with him. Enough is enough. 5 out of 6 years missing the playoffs, but Mc was only around for 1/3 of that. Clean house!!!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            No reason to keep Spags either. He has had 2.5 good seasons and about 7 awful ones in his coaching career. 3 of the last 4 years his defenses have been amongst the worst in the league. He is just not good.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

              If they respected Spags, they would put forth an effort despite they're feelings for the HC.
              Apparently, the players have little respect for Spags or his longevity with the team if they're willing to quit on him just to get to McAdoo.

              It's becoming apparent some of these players have no respect for anyone, including themselves. There's little excuse to quit performing a job that you're paid for and agreed to do. Not even disliking your HC.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
                I donít think this is on Spags. Heís had that defense playing hard for much of the first half of the season. Once Mcadoo started messing with the defense the wheels came off. They donít blitz nearly as much anymore. Coverages seem weird and the DBs arenít pressing as much as they were before.

                I dont think Spags is part of the mutiny but I also donít think heís taken much of a liking to Ben thinking he can put his hands in his defense.

                There are unwritten rules.
                Spags is a bad DC. His scheme doesn't work in this league anymore. It depends on a great pass rush and the pass rush has been invisible going back to the playoff game last year....and our D has been torched since.
                He was great as long as he had three HOF or near HOF D linemen like Strahan, Osi and Tuck.
                He coached the single worst defense in NFL history in New Orleans. He coached the worst defense in Giants history in 2015. Somehow he kept his job. I guess results don't matter.
                now we have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. And there are some outstanding football players on that defense.
                Spags IS a big part of our problem. Our defense is the #1 culprit in our demise this year. Everything else pales in comparison.

                This team is badly coached. Steve Spagnuolo is near the top of the list of complete failures right behind our HC.
                I know that sounds harsh, he seems like a good guy. It's just the way it is.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Helmet View Post

                  True. If we must choose between the two, it has to be McAdoo. Ruining the defense, throwing Eli under the bus, installing a high school offense, the awful press conferences: "I'm not embarrassed giving up 51 points" or "we'll take a look at the tape", etc. But I really hope he takes Reese with him. Enough is enough. 5 out of 6 years missing the playoffs, but Mc was only around for 1/3 of that. Clean house!!!
                  BM was around long enough to inflict enough damage to get everyone fired.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                    Spags is a bad DC. His scheme doesn't work in this league anymore. It depends on a great pass rush and the pass rush has been invisible going back to the playoff game last year....and our D has been torched since.
                    He was great as long as he had three HOF or near HOF D linemen like Strahan, Osi and Tuck.
                    He coached the single worst defense in NFL history in New Orleans. He coached the worst defense in Giants history in 2015. Somehow he kept his job. I guess results don't matter.
                    now we have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. And there are some outstanding football players on that defense.
                    Spags IS a big part of our problem. Our defense is the #1 culprit in our demise this year. Everything else pales in comparison.

                    This team is badly coached. Steve Spagnuolo is near the top of the list of complete failures right behind our HC.
                    I know that sounds harsh, he seems like a good guy. It's just the way it is.
                    Our offense couldn't stay on the field and our defense couldn't get off it.

                    All the coaches deserve to go. Including the special teams coach. How the hell he kept his job this long is pretty remarkable.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      None of the current coaches will be kept. Nobody has to worry about that. Itís just a waiting game. Theyíre all gone

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                        BM was around long enough to inflict enough damage to get everyone fired.
                        Pretty remarkable. But it does makes you wonder how much Coughlin's coaching genius masked all the gaping holes that have been plaguing this team for years. All that mediocrity in between Super Bowl runs starts to look a lot different in hindsight.

                        And Coughlin's best seasons happened to be when he had a good depth at DL and OL -- both built by Accorsi.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Helmet View Post

                          Pretty remarkable. But it does makes you wonder how much Coughlin's coaching genius masked all the gaping holes that have been plaguing this team for years. All that mediocrity in between Super Bowl runs starts to look a lot different in hindsight.

                          And Coughlin's best seasons happened to be when he had a good depth at DL and OL -- both built by Accorsi.
                          He didn't mask anything. we were 19-29 in his last three years.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X