Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Francesa say to Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jmike View Post

    Well, unless you are in the locker room you are making stuff up about how Eli is in there. So speaking from authority on a subject in which you have no actual knowledge would be wrong, it might be accurate.
    Uh, he's been in the league 12-13 years, there are 100 reporters hovering around the locker room at all times, current and many former teammates of his have given tons of interviews, have you ever once heard anyone say Eli ripped into somebody? I don't need to be in the locker room to discern that it doesn't happen.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
      Mike is very friendly with Archie and he loves Eli, so Mike will never crush Eli in an interview. Eli has always come on good or bad, and he is one of Mike's favorites.

      Like a few other folks said, Eli's interviews with Mike are always matter of fact. Mike is biased, but we all are in one way or another and if you enjoy listening to Mike (Which I do) you will find his biases entertaining.
      +1. The best thing about Mike is the way he handles idiots. Would be pretty entertaining to see him respond here to some of our posters.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

        Uh, he's been in the league 12-13 years, there are 100 reporters hovering around the locker room at all times, current and many former teammates of his have given tons of interviews, have you ever once heard anyone say Eli ripped into somebody? I don't need to be in the locker room to discern that it doesn't happen.
        Are you Janoris Jenkins?
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

          +1. The best thing about Mike is the way he handles idiots. Would be pretty entertaining to see him respond here to some of our posters.
          Címon dude. He cuts them off and has the last word.
          You have to google his prank calls. My favorite one was when a caller asked him who has lower nightly expectations, an Islander fan or his wife? Lol

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

            Almost as good as your "insights" I'm sure. Nothing wrong, or inaccurate with what I said to warrant a rude response attacking me personally. 19,200 posts I guess if you leave a short attack after every post you disagree with they add up fast huh?
            Your words: "What's even more of a problem though is that he has this same passive demeanor in the locker room"

            So, you're in the locker room then, correct? In what capacity could that possibly be?

            The alternative would be to admit that you're not and that would then make your declarations about what goes on in the locker room suspect to say the least.

            You are correct though that I should not have insulted you personally by assuming your job in the locker room was towel boy and then calling you that.

            That was a childish remark and I apologize for* it.

            * edit
            Last edited by Sarcasman; 11-14-2017, 07:21 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

              Almost as good as your "insights" I'm sure. Nothing wrong, or inaccurate with what I said to warrant a rude response attacking me personally. 19,200 posts I guess if you leave a short attack after every post you disagree with they add up fast huh?
              How do you know what Eli does behind closed doors? Do we have another players mom on the site? Mrs Webb is that you?
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TEM View Post

                How do you know what Eli does behind closed doors? Do we have another players mom on the site? Mrs Webb is that you?
                I've explained myself above already, try reading the board before asking questions I've already answered.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TEM View Post

                  How do you know what Eli does behind closed doors? Do we have another players mom on the site? Mrs Webb is that you?
                  As has been well established, he absolutely doesn't; but he's got lots of feelings and believes it's important that he share them so hyperbole is the next best thing to anecdata which is the next best thing to statistics which is the next best thing to actual data which is the next best thing to first hand knowledge.

                  So, three or four degrees away from quantifiable data. That's about par for this course.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

                    As has been well established, he absolutely doesn't; but he's got lots of feelings and believes it's important that he share them so hyperbole is the next best thing to anecdata which is the next best thing to statistics which is the next best thing to actual data which is the next best thing to first hand knowledge.

                    So, three or four degrees away from quantifiable data. That's about par for this course.
                    Yep.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

                      Uh, he's been in the league 12-13 years, there are 100 reporters hovering around the locker room at all times, current and many former teammates of his have given tons of interviews, have you ever once heard anyone say Eli ripped into somebody? I don't need to be in the locker room to discern that it doesn't happen.
                      Can you give supporting evidence ( links to actual quotes) to support you point the Eli is hands off with his team mates.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TEM View Post

                        Can you give supporting evidence ( links to actual quotes) to support you point the Eli is hands off with his team mates.
                        THERE IS NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE THAT'S THE POINT! As I said above the guy has been in the league 13 years and there is absolutely no evidence at all he has ever ripped into anyone, no quotes from a single sole in this world saying Eli flipped in the locker room ranting and raving at a teammate. So I suppose with all the media out there these days, especially social media, where every time a pro athlete uses the bathroom someone reports on it, we've never heard about him doing it you can't decipher for yourself that it doesn't happen huh? I suppose the fact that during his whole tenure here we've heard so many times how this team has no leader on it doesn't help you figure it out either.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

                          THERE IS NO SUPPORTING EVIDENCE THAT'S THE POINT! As I said above the guy has been in the league 13 years and there is absolutely no evidence at all he has ever ripped into anyone, no quotes from a single sole in this world saying Eli flipped in the locker room ranting and raving at a teammate. So I suppose with all the media out there these days, especially social media, where every time a pro athlete uses the bathroom someone reports on it, we've never heard about him doing it you can't decipher for yourself that it doesn't happen huh? I suppose the fact that during his whole tenure here we've heard so many times how this team has no leader on it doesn't help you figure it out either.
                          So how exactly does ripping into anyone motivate them?


                          I did find this though

                          http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...k-eli-manning/

                          That is leadership Not the unhinged banter you tout and a mean to inspire
                          Last edited by TEM; 11-15-2017, 12:30 PM.
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

                            Uh, he's been in the league 12-13 years, there are 100 reporters hovering around the locker room at all times, current and many former teammates of his have given tons of interviews, have you ever once heard anyone say Eli ripped into somebody? I don't need to be in the locker room to discern that it doesn't happen.
                            Why would you want Eli to be in a lose lose situation?? What qb do you admire or like that rips into their teammates or FO to the media/public??
                            Last edited by jay051; 11-15-2017, 12:50 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                              What qb do you admire or like that rips into their teammates or FO to the media/public??
                              If you think that's what I said you clearly lack reading comprehension and I'm not going to sit here banging my head against the wall trying to make you understand.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TEM View Post

                                So how exactly does ripping into anyone motivate them?


                                I did find this though

                                http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...k-eli-manning/

                                That is leadership Not the unhinged banter you tout and a mean to inspire
                                Oh great ... he talked to the garbage punter, who should've been cut long ago, and said hey cheer up old chap. Just like Brady or Rodgers ... a true motivator!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X