Jerry Reese's incompetence has a body count

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYGPonziScheme View Post

Aaron Ross was picked over a blue-chip All-Pro Left Tackle (Joe Staley)
    He also made the season saving tackle at Dallas with a separated shoulder.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If you guys want to kill JR because he missed on a lot of O linemen....that is a reasonable argument.
      But when you say that Reese had only a 1% impact on the 2007 Giants....you lose all credibility.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

Respect your opinion but the first one is not his and even the second one wouldn't have happened without the nucleus of the 07 team,everyone will dog Accorsi's bad drafts but give Reese credit for what went well he had a hand in the bad and the good.
        How could anyone say that the 07 is not his?? Of course Reese has had some bad draft but to say something ignorant that Reese gets no credit for either SuperBowl is ridiculous and uninformed.

​​​​​Also who were the major players that helped win the SuperBowl in 2011??

Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Manningham, Antrell Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Weatherford, and Ballard all came from Reese through picks and FA.

​​​​​Eli, Cwebb, Osi, and Tuck were the leftovers from the 07 squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Do You think Aaron Ross, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Barry Cofield, Michael Johnson and Amhad Bradshaw had anything to do with that SB win?
          How about Kavika Mitchell or Domenik Hixon?
          thats 5 players and he deserves credit yes but he has been one of the worst drafting GMs from 2008 sorry but facts are facts I root for him every draft and his picks,he has wasted the last 6 years of Manning career and yeas he is not perfect but he is plenty good to win with.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

Credit imo goes to the ironman behind center than anyone else for 2011.
            Eli only?? What about Cruz?? Nicks?? What about the defense getting healthy and playing great football from week 16 all the way to the SuperBowl??

Eli no doubt was the MVP and carried that team in the regular season however this team doesnt go on a run without the defense and running game improving in the playoffs. Cant believe some here actually believe that Reese had nothing to do with the 07 team and especially the 2011 team.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

How could anyone say that the 07 is not his?? Of course Reese has had some bad draft but to say something ignorant that Reese gets no credit for either SuperBowl is ridiculous and uninformed.

Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Manningham, Antrell Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Weatherford, and Ballard all came from Reese through picks and FA.

No one said that he deserves to share credit with EA if EA doesn't have the guts to trade for the QB maybe none of this happens ,Tuck Osi Eli BJ Manningham Cruz,I root for Reese but it's a matter of opinion,to me since o8 there has been more bad then good,there has been some good just not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

No one said that he deserves to share credit with EA if EA doesn't have the guts to trade for the QB maybe none of this happens ,Tuck Osi Eli BJ Manningham Cruz,I root for Reese but it's a matter of opinion,to me since o8 there has been more bad then good,there has been some good just not enough.
                I agree with that its a matter of opinion but im talking about some here (not you) that feel Reese gets no credit for the Giants success in 07 and 11. I have an issue when someone says that Reese get zero credit for both SuperBowls and that they won in spite of him. Does that make any sense to you??

Comment

Wow. Responsible for 0 championships?? How did the Giants win in spite of him?? So he gets 0 credit for the players he drafted that were a huge part and played a major role in 07 and 11?? So all those credit belongs to Accorsi??
                  I can't speak for him but I know me personally I looked at it like this: we won those sb not bc we were well built top to bottom.

we won that sb and as hard as it is for some to stomach: eli.

the playoffs the d and run game elevated yes. But they were last in each. They didn't ascend to quality levels. They just were able to not get in the way of eli and the wr.

crux was an udfa. Nicks I guess and mm I guess Reese deserves credit but Cruz really was the core that year he had so many big plays.

anyways my point being is that unlike 2007 which was a complete team imo, 2011 was a total case of special players doing special things it wasn't like we won bc JR put together amazing OL or run games or secondary play etc...he built the wr core but I will go to my grave knowing eli really elevated those guys.

anyways. Me personally I have been the loudest and biggest pinata as a result of it, in regards to the errors and issues with the GM and team. It's surreal seeing everyone make the comments I made routinely and it be accepted noe whereas over the yeawrs it was grounds for being targeted or something lol anyways yeah Reese I dunno 2011...dont really think he did all that much we had last ranked components of the team a d that surrendered more than the offense which was top 10 scored. Etc we were the first team to win a Sb with so many flaws like the one just cited. To me that says in spite of not because of.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGPonziScheme View Post

After 2013? Absolutely.

Reese was responsible for 0 championships. Giants won in spite of him.
                    lol, wtf?!

Comment

I agree with that its a matter of opinion but im talking about some here (not you) that feel Reese gets no credit for the Giants success in 07 and 11. I have an issue when someone says that Reese get zero credit for both SuperBowls and that they won in spite of him. Does that make any sense to you??
                      absolutely as i said in a prior post he has brought in some exceptional talent but in my IMHO where he has missed is bring in the good to average talent to supplement them,one issue weather it is perceived or not i don't know but the arrogance to not have a solid backup plan for the oline,both lines were terrible but he spent a ton on the D and tried through the draft on the Oline,which to me has been a soar spot for way to long.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        I can't speak for him but I know me personally I looked at it like this: we won those sb not bc we were well built top to bottom.

the playoffs the d and run game elevated yes. But they were last in each. They didn't ascend to quality levels. They just were able to not get in the way of eli and the wr.

crux was an udfa. Nicks I guess and mm I guess Reese deserves credit but Cruz really was the core that year he had so many big plays.

anyways my point being is that unlike 2007 which was a complete team imo, 2011 was a total case of special players doing special things it wasn't like we won bc JR put together amazing OL or run games or secondary play etc...he built the wr core but I will go to my grave knowing eli really elevated those guys.

anyways. Me personally I have been the loudest and biggest pinata as a result of it, in regards to the errors and issues with the GM and team. It's surreal seeing everyone make the comments I made routinely and it be accepted noe whereas over the yeawrs it was grounds for being targeted or something lol anyways yeah Reese I dunno 2011...dont really think he did all that much we had last ranked components of the team a d that surrendered more than the offense which was top 10 scored. Etc we were the first team to win a Sb with so many flaws like the one just cited. To me that says in spite of not because of.
                        Reese is obviously not a great GM and im not arguing that at all but there were players he drafted and scooped up in FA that were a huge part of the 2011 team.

Who signed Cruz?? Reese no?? How did guys like MM and Nicks and even Bradshaw do in the playoffs?? What about the defense?? Not all of them came from Accorsi.

My knock on Reese and its a huge knock is not building the oline and not getting any impactful linebackers or at least trying to.

Comment

It's just an opinion just like yours is. No need to get riled up I enjoy your perspectives I rather converse with someone who has a diff pov than the same so long as it's respectful.

edit- not implying you did anything even just wanna make sure you know this is in respect.

I get where you are coming from and perhaps saying he gets zero credit is unfair. But I was speaking more to the issues and flaws that were growing and manifesting specifically bc of him. Yes we won in 2011 but like my previous comment we had the worst run game and defense. Think about that for a second.

When does a team with those issues even make the playoffs let alone win it all? Yes they elevated when the playoffs came but it wasn't like the run game and defense became these amazing components. The d moreso than the run game def had more input but again it's hard for me to give credit to a gm who puts together a team that fields last ranked components.

say we miss the playoffs that year...hoe does it look then I guess. And yes I know that's speculation I merely cited that bc the sb takes the rust and tarnish off it makes everything look crystal clean. Well 2012 we failed to makenit and then 2013. So that team that won it all was a complete train wreck right after so I mean there's a lot to this.

I will admit I prob have been too unfair at times but my goodness the dude has fielded just disrespectful units really disrespectful is a fitting word. 2013 that plan and OL this year...2009 even with the d.

let me try it like this:
                          did you realize that roughly 50% of the tenure we have had a franchise qb meaning the gm doesn't have to focus on that which is the hardest element imo of being a gm: getting the right qb. He didn t have to do that.
                          we fielded last ranking or among last ranking run games and defenses.
                          before glossing over think about that weigh that. 2011 is included in there.

I wonder what might have been had we a Baltimore gm or pitt gm or etc etc
                          Last edited by giantsfan420; 11-14-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

C'mon, man. Don't hijack a Reese thread to spread this manure.

Anyone that won't give Reese his due credit for the Giants Super Bowl wins has no credibility complaining when posters don't give Manning his.

Comment

Reese is obviously not a great GM and im not arguing that at all but there were players he drafted and scooped up in FA that were a huge part of the 2011 team.

Who signed Cruz?? Reese no?? How did guys like MM and Nicks and even Bradshaw do in the playoffs?? What about the defense?? Not all of them came from Accorsi.

My knock on Reese and its a huge knock is not building the oline and not getting any impactful linebackers or at least trying to.
                              Oh without a doubt. I have ZERO issue with your position here I know it's fair I was just giving mine. I do get where you are coming from and yes myself and others are likely guilty of hyperbole but there are some legitimate gripes with him even with 2011.

2007 was largely his baby that draft class was raved for years afterwards we became the measuring stick for draft classes.
                              perhaps that's why myself and others are so hard on him. His first year he had a brilliant draft and assembled a Sb roster...thereafter it's been sort of a train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

C'mon, man. Don't hijack a Reese thread to spread this manure.

Anyone that won't give Reese his due credit for the Giants Super Bowl wins has no credibility complaining when posters don't give Manning his.
                                Yeah you are right there was a component that was petty and juvenile but dude let me have it lol I don't make threads seeing I told ya so or even comment that much anymore I don't need to everything I think and have been thinking is posted routinely now. It was petty but considering the levels that get reached here I dunno cut me some slack? Gloss over the part you that was lame? And it was. But like I said...plus how many times do I STILL get randomly cited and insulted...i never respond. So I guess I wait to find little parts to add to a comment. Anywaus this is lamer than the one u cited lol u were right tho sorry for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X