Jerry Reese's incompetence has a body count

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

It's just an opinion just like yours is. No need to get riled up I enjoy your perspectives I rather converse with someone who has a diff pov than the same so long as it's respectful.

edit- not implying you did anything even just wanna make sure you know this is in respect.

I get where you are coming from and perhaps saying he gets zero credit is unfair. But I was speaking more to the issues and flaws that were growing and manifesting specifically bc of him. Yes we won in 2011 but like my previous comment we had the worst run game and defense. Think about that for a second.
    Exactly. Its unfair to say that Reese gets no credit for both SuperBowl runs. IMO i believe its a ridiculous statement and I'm not riled up at all.

Also you mention how bad that defense was in the regular season which was true but what did they do in week 16 all the way to the SuperBowl?? Did they win in spite of him??

What about Eli's regular season play in 2007?? I guarantee you many football fans dont even remember that he led the league in interceptions that year. What most remember was his incredible playoff run and beating the greatest team of all time. Did the Giants win in 07 in spite of Eli??

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

absolutely as i said in a prior post he has brought in some exceptional talent but in my IMHO where he has missed is bring in the good to average talent to supplement them,one issue weather it is perceived or not i don't know but the arrogance to not have a solid backup plan for the oline,both lines were terrible but he spent a ton on the D and tried through the draft on the Oline,which to me has been a soar spot for way to long.
      I can't argue with that all. Oline and linebackers are his Achilles heel.

Comment

Regardless of how big you think his role was in '07 and '11 SBs there is no denying he has run this franchise into the ground from 2012-present and has to be fired.

Comment

Reese's drafts aren't that bad, but no one looks at other teams drafts to see all the busts. Look at draft history of any team and there are plenty of misses rounds 1-2. From rounds 3-7 it's a complete crapshoot for every team,

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

and Tightends until he bought in Engram,once they let Pope go the undrafted guys weren't cutting it.

Comment

Reese deserves 0 credit for the SB runs, because it has now been exposed that the guy cannot build a football team to save his life.

Comment

A GM who can't identify O-Line and Linebackers, is by definition, not a good GM.

Comment

I'm no fan of Reese and believe allowing him to remain GM after firing TC was a huge mistake......but some of you let your hatred for him make you sound like blathering idiots.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Wow. Responsible for 0 championships?? How did the Giants win in spite of him?? So he gets 0 credit for the players he drafted that were a huge part and played a major role in 07 and 11?? So all those credit belongs to Accorsi??
                    if you look at his draft record from 2011 onwards to today bar one or two, he is one of the very worst drafters in the entire NFL all his latter round picks in 2012 onwards are not even in the league let alone on this club which is a big reason why we are where we are.
                    Coughlin was an inspiration, a leader of men, and rose above JR and the team rallied behind him twice all the way.. but Mara decided that was enough to give JR the job for life despite his pompous arrogance, complete drafting incompetence for the most part, and flat out incompetent rosters has made the giants from the top 3 franchises in the entire nfl along with Pittsburgh and NE to now being the single worst beside Cleveland.
                    THAT is what Reese has done. All he needed was an equally incompetent HC forcing many good men out in the process and he found his brothers grimm in Mcadoo and here we are the worst team in football good job Reese you sunk the franchise you awful spineless little weasle.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      I'm no fan of Reese and believe allowing him to remain GM after firing TC was a huge mistake......but some of you let your hatred for him make you sound like blathering idiots.
                      It's the GMB curse. Whether someone is hating on Reese, Manning or Beckham, they inevitably dive completely into the deep end of the hyperbole pool and drown themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

It's the GMB curse. Whether someone is hating on Reese, Manning or Beckham, they inevitably dive completely into the deep end of the hyperbole pool and drown themselves.
                        Did you know he kills puppies and kittens for fun? What a jerk!

Comment

Originally posted by plaxattack17 View Post

if you look at his draft record from 2011 onwards to today bar one or two, he is one of the very worst drafters in the entire NFL all his latter round picks in 2012 onwards are not even in the league let alone on this club which is a big reason why we are where we are.
                          Coughlin was an inspiration, a leader of men, and rose above JR and the team rallied behind him twice all the way.. but Mara decided that was enough to give JR the job for life despite his pompous arrogance, complete drafting incompetence for the most part, and flat out incompetent rosters has made the giants from the top 3 franchises in the entire nfl along with Pittsburgh and NE to now being the single worst beside Cleveland.
                          THAT is what Reese has done. All he needed was an equally incompetent HC forcing many good men out in the process and he found his brothers grimm in Mcadoo and here we are the worst team in football good job Reese you sunk the franchise you awful spineless little weasle.
                          have you looked at other teams "latter rounds"? What does that mean anyway, 3rd round or later? They are all hit or miss. Fans slam Reese without looking at how unpredictable drafting is.

Comment

Originally posted by plaxattack17 View Post

TC was suppose to be fired how many times by the fans and media? I'm a huge TC fan but are you implying that TC took a bunch of scrubs and won both SuperBowls with them?? I'm no Reese defender but some of you are not being objective at all. Reese has drafted some good players and brought in good players through FA as well.

The main argument here is dismissing a GM that has 2 SuperBowls on his watch and acting like he had no parts of those 07/11 team. Now if we are talking about the present?? Then thats a completely different story altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post

have you looked at other teams "latter rounds"? What does that mean anyway, 3rd round or later? They are all hit or miss. Fans slam Reese without looking at how unpredictable drafting is.
                              um....he also hates babies and little old ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

Eli will be here throughout the rest of his contract and will leave on his own terms. It will have nothing to do with Reese.
                                We have a winner

Comment

Working...
                                X