Jerry Reese's incompetence has a body count

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

um....he also hates babies and little old ladies.
    I mean... this guy was a real jerk

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

I mean... this guy was a real jerk
      What a ****!
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGPonziScheme View Post

Jerry Reese defenders always nitpick these outlier selections that he got right.
        predictable response. No substance as per the norm.

Well done

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

One with 4 starters last year. This year with two stars in Engram and Tomlinson at minimum. And Gallman and Moss look like they have a lot of ability. We'll see about Webb.
          I agree. I am one of the few people here who thinks this disaster is a lot more on Ben than Reese. There is no way that this roster should have the record they do. Had they not beaten Denver, the Giants would be very SERIOUSLY looking at an 0-16 possibility. Unbelievable.
          It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            I can't speak for him but I know me personally I looked at it like this: we won those sb not bc we were well built top to bottom.

we won that sb and as hard as it is for some to stomach: eli.

the playoffs the d and run game elevated yes. But they were last in each. They didn't ascend to quality levels. They just were able to not get in the way of eli and the wr.

crux was an udfa. Nicks I guess and mm I guess Reese deserves credit but Cruz really was the core that year he had so many big plays.

anyways my point being is that unlike 2007 which was a complete team imo, 2011 was a total case of special players doing special things it wasn't like we won bc JR put together amazing OL or run games or secondary play etc...he built the wr core but I will go to my grave knowing eli really elevated those guys.

anyways. Me personally I have been the loudest and biggest pinata as a result of it, in regards to the errors and issues with the GM and team. It's surreal seeing everyone make the comments I made routinely and it be accepted noe whereas over the yeawrs it was grounds for being targeted or something lol anyways yeah Reese I dunno 2011...dont really think he did all that much we had last ranked components of the team a d that surrendered more than the offense which was top 10 scored. Etc we were the first team to win a Sb with so many flaws like the one just cited. To me that says in spite of not because of.
            2011 Eli was incredible, though, we dont sniff the SB without JPP who was legitimately defensive player of the year candidate, was drafted the year prior to the dismay of many. I mean, we passed on up Sean Weatherspoon for god sakes.

2007 JR built that team. He was the one running all of the successful drafts leading up to this championship. EA's draft record was horrible prior to JR taking the reigns. Eli hadn't found his way yet but played well enough in the post season.

So yes, JR was instrumental in the Giants winning, as was Eli, as was the roster that he built.

I find it ironic that people want to blame him for the roster now, but dont want to give him credit for the championship rosters he built in the past. Why is it that we pick and choose?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              I can't speak for him but I know me personally I looked at it like this: we won those sb not bc we were well built top to bottom.

we won that sb and as hard as it is for some to stomach: eli.

the playoffs the d and run game elevated yes. But they were last in each. They didn't ascend to quality levels. They just were able to not get in the way of eli and the wr.

crux was an udfa. Nicks I guess and mm I guess Reese deserves credit but Cruz really was the core that year he had so many big plays.

anyways my point being is that unlike 2007 which was a complete team imo, 2011 was a total case of special players doing special things it wasn't like we won bc JR put together amazing OL or run games or secondary play etc...he built the wr core but I will go to my grave knowing eli really elevated those guys.

anyways. Me personally I have been the loudest and biggest pinata as a result of it, in regards to the errors and issues with the GM and team. It's surreal seeing everyone make the comments I made routinely and it be accepted noe whereas over the yeawrs it was grounds for being targeted or something lol anyways yeah Reese I dunno 2011...dont really think he did all that much we had last ranked components of the team a d that surrendered more than the offense which was top 10 scored. Etc we were the first team to win a Sb with so many flaws like the one just cited. To me that says in spite of not because of.
              You could also make the argument that if the 2011 team was good enough to win the Superbowl and demolish a 15-1 team in their building along the way that perhaps the roster was a lot better than what was being extracted by the coaching staff over the course of the regular season.

The 'complete' 2007 team you mentioned only won ONE more game than the '11 team during the regular season. They were regular season underachievers as well. This is the same squad that got thrown down a flight of stairs by the Vikings at home, without AP. The coaches didn't start maxing out the potential of the roster until they needed to the most. And it was right on time.
              It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Accorsi's drafts were a mess before JR

how about in 2010. Everyone here wanted Sean Weatherspoon over JPP.

We drafted JPP and he went on to become a defensive player of the year candidate and dominated 201. Without him we dont win the superbowl.

People talk out of there *** here but its all reactive. Typical
                How has JPP faired the past four years? He has not lived up to that season you pointed out to. I also think a lot of his success had to do with having strahan take a lot of attention away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisSmith33 View Post

You could also make the argument that if the 2011 team was good enough to win the Superbowl and demolish a 15-1 team in their building along the way that perhaps the roster was a lot better than what was being extracted by the coaching staff over the course of the regular season.
                  That 2011 squad was a 12-4 team in disguise. So many injuries on both sides and especially on defense. Reese built a good squad and imo I thought the 2010 Giants team was better from top to bottom.

Comment

Eli is at fault. He does have a O-line that gives him protection. Eli had to improve his play inorder for Giants to win Superbowls. His play hasn't been good for a while and bad things resulted from it.

Comment

Originally posted by jaxnygmen View Post

How has JPP faired the past four years? He has not lived up to that season you pointed out to. I also think a lot of his success had to do with having strahan take a lot of attention away from him.
                      Strahan wasn't on the 2011 team. Also how many games did Tuck and Osi miss combined in 2011?? JPP was a monster who played every single week in 2011. JPP may not have been the same lately but that was a damn solid pick by JR in 2010.

Comment

People who have/will lose their jobs as a direct result of Jerry Reese:

Kevin Gilbride
                        Mike Pope
                        Perry Fewell
                        Tom Coughlin
                        Pat Flaherty
                        Ben McAdoo
                        Eli Manning (RIP post-2011 NFL career)

All this attention on McAdoo has shifted people away from the actual root of the problem. And that's a shame.
                        Tom and Gilbride lost their jobs because of Eli. Eli been playing bad in many games we should have won. Eli's bad throws got our best receivers injured recently OBJ.

Comment

False. Reese should have been fired after 2013. 4 years ago.
                          Should have been fired after he signed that soft tub of **** John Jerry

Comment

After 2013? Absolutely.

Reese was responsible for 0 championships. Giants won in spite of him.
                            Unless he did something drastic ( Gun charges; rape complaints), no GM gets fired two seasons after winning a SB.

Comment

When you draft like **** you have no choice but to overpay FA who either kneel during the National Anthem or quit in coverage on the team. That is how we find ourselves in this mess we are in.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

Credit imo goes to the ironman behind center than anyone else for 2011.

He was breaking 4th qt records back in 2011. I remember him having outrageous 4th qt numbers.

Let's not forget the hail mary. The sheer willpower he showed in staying alive in the san fran game.

The expertise and absolute mastery he showed in the super bowl vs the greatest football coach in history.

And we all want to tarnish the man's legacy by benching him.

I hate giants fans and how disloyal they are. I don't think i could sit and have a beer and talk giants with more than 90% of people on this forum.

We as fans owe Eli so got dang much. The city owes him as a man and as a football player.

Wanting to trade such a gem away to start a 3rd rounder is so ****ing beyond me, man. It hurts me as a fan to see what the man is being put through.

He more than anyone in history of this team does not deserve what he is receiving from the fans.
                                He's a Legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X