Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 reasons Giants fans shouldn't tear up their season tickets

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "This Giants' season has been a disaster, and the scariest thought is that there are still seven games left for it to get worse. Four of those games are at home, which is setting up to be a nightmare scenario.

The Giants host the AFC West-leading Chiefs on Sunday before all three of their NFC East rivals invade MetLife Stadium in December. The Giants figure to be playing in front of empty seats or — and this will be worse — fans of their opponents in their final four home games.

I certainly can understand any fan who doesn't want to sit through four likely blowout losses. But in the interest of finding a silver lining, here are eight things that are worth watching down the stretch:

Evan Engram's emergence

Engram has been the brightest spot in this dark season. The first-round pick leads all rookie tight ends with 40 catches, 443 yards and five touchdowns.

Zach Ertz has been the best tight end in the NFC, but Engram has a legitimate shot to earn a Pro Bowl selection as a backup. Engram has stepped up since the wide receiver corps was decimated by injuries in Week 5 and his role should only grow as the season progresses.

Sterling Shepard's development

With Odell Beckham Jr. and Brandon Marshall out for the season with injuries, more is on Shepard's plate and he has risen to the challenge. Shepard set career-highs with 11 catches for 142 yards in Sunday's 31-21 loss to the 49ers. Shepard had five catches for 70 yards in last week's loss to the Rams after missing two games with a sprained ankle.

With increased snaps on the perimeter, Shepard has shown that he's capable of running more than just slant routes from the slot. That development could add more diversity to the offense when Beckham returns next season." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Excerpt: "This Giants' season has been a disaster, and the scariest thought is that there are still seven games left for it to get worse. Four of those games are at home, which is setting up to be a nightmare scenario.

The Giants host the AFC West-leading Chiefs on Sunday before all three of their NFC East rivals invade MetLife Stadium in December. The Giants figure to be playing in front of empty seats or — and this will be worse — fans of their opponents in their final four home games.

I certainly can understand any fan who doesn't want to sit through four likely blowout losses. But in the interest of finding a silver lining, here are eight things that are worth watching down the stretch:

Evan Engram's emergence

Engram has been the brightest spot in this dark season. The first-round pick leads all rookie tight ends with 40 catches, 443 yards and five touchdowns.

Zach Ertz has been the best tight end in the NFC, but Engram has a legitimate shot to earn a Pro Bowl selection as a backup. Engram has stepped up since the wide receiver corps was decimated by injuries in Week 5 and his role should only grow as the season progresses.

With Odell Beckham Jr. and Brandon Marshall out for the season with injuries, more is on Shepard's plate and he has risen to the challenge. Shepard set career-highs with 11 catches for 142 yards in Sunday's 31-21 loss to the 49ers. Shepard had five catches for 70 yards in last week's loss to the Rams after missing two games with a sprained ankle.

With increased snaps on the perimeter, Shepard has shown that he's capable of running more than just slant routes from the slot. That development could add more diversity to the offense when Beckham returns next season." Read more...
    Seriously!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

I already sold my final four games....thank god.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        Smart move! Team is a disgrace!
        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

The only good reason NOT to "tear up the season tickets" is that your hard earned money is already wasted by lining up Mara's pocket. The only solution is to sell them if you can find anyone willing to pay money to watch this team that passes for "professional" and to NOT renew next year. Anything else is pointless as Mara already got your money and he is not willing to issue a refund for a defective product.

Comment

God we’re so spoiled. Yeah our team has had struggles but we did win the sb recently. Now we’re a defective product?
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
              God we’re so spoiled. Yeah our team has had struggles but we did win the sb recently. Now we’re a defective product?
              LMAO, they've been absolutely dreadful 5 of the past 6 seasons, yes I'd call that defective. That SB was 6 years ago, how long has to pass before you stop calling that recently? If both Reese and Mcadoodoo aren't fired at the end of the year anyone who buys season tix for next season is an absolute FOOL.

Comment

This team is the furthest thing away from a Super Bowl team Gumby.

I think it’s pretty funny actually to see the Giants using the press the way they have in his article and on this board.

Comment

Idiotic propaganda is all this article is... Not that what it's relaying isn't true, but it's setting up any easily manipulated fan for failure.

Yea sure, all it's trying to disguise is the fact that the giants aren't worth watching as a whole. So ignore all that and just go to the game for a couple players. That's like saying, "I'm going to go to the Evan Engram and Sterling Shepard game. I'll buy your over-priced beer and food to be happy for about 10 plays."

The giants are so bad they aren't even selling their own full team's entertainment now, how sad. Here's 2/53's of our product, but we still want full price. Oh and try to ignore the fact that you'll still leave by the end of the 3rd qrt, but again we want full price for 4 qtrs.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Are your buyers in need of more tickets??

sigpic

Comment

None of you should be Giants fans any longer. Pathetic many don't support the team and quit like the players.

Comment

I see your point...some teams have gone for decades without a sniff. However, you cannot possibly watch these recent games and not see that they have mailed it in for the last few weeks. Personally I feel the defect is not recognizing what type of team they have and what positions you need pro-bowlers at.

Comment

My favorite line from the article: Don't look now, but the Giants' ragtag offensive line has quietly improved to mediocrity.

sad when the line playing mediocre is a selling point...

Comment

Evan Engram's emergence

Sorry , but I don't see how Engram having a shot as a Pro Bowl backup, is supposed to make me regret politely turning down the opportunity to go to the 4 home games, my boss offered to me.
                            Last year was supposed to be the silver lining and this season was supposed to be a SB run.
                            Please...enough with the bright future angle.......it's starting to sound as lame as all the " we had a great practice " nonsense!
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Evan Engram's emergence

I'm shaking my head after reading that dreck, because ONLY a sports writer could write something so mind numbingly stupid!
                              I swear, convoluted logic must be a strict requirement to be a sportswriter, because they
                              all think alike.
                              "Don't burn your season tickets, because Engram has a shot at being a Pro Bowl backup!"
                              "Don't burn your season tickets, Snacks was a part of a D LINE that has had the ball run down their throats...but Snacks has heart"!
                              Oh brother.
                              With all due respect to this sportswriter, LAST year was supposed to BE the "silver lining", and this season was supposed to improve upon 2016.
                              So.....no, Im guessing that the last thing season ticket holders want to hear, is more talk of bright spots and silver linings!
                              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X