Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were John Mara what would you do right now and after the season- John's Suggestion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were John Mara what would you do right now and after the season- John's Suggestion Thread

I would keep Ben til seasons end but with some proviso's

1- Ben- Prepare your resume you wont be staying on, its just not workiing- but prove me wrong
    2- Ben- bench the malingerers for the rest of the season
    3- Start Webb in the second half of all remaining games.....Eli gets to play, but he must split games and weekly practices with Webb
    4- Enjoy the rest of the season....dont go conservative, have some fun with the remaining games- it might impress your next employer
    5- Beat the Cowboys and Eagles- give the fans something to smile about

Mara-
    4- Bring in a Football consultant like Vermeil, or Parcells right now- pay him well, it will be the best money you ever spent
    5- Bring back Gettleman to help figure out our Cap mess
    6- Freeze the roster until the consultant is in place.....letting Keenan Robinson go was mind blowing, Hankins too
    7- shake up the scouting department

Mara needs advice right now, and he does not need it from Ben or Jerry- they created this mess. Plus he will need the consultant to help pick the next GM, HC and run the draft
    Last edited by BlueClue; 11-16-2017, 11:50 AM.

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
    I would keep Ben til seasons end but with some proviso's

1- Ben- Prepare your resume you wont be staying on, its just not workiing- but prove me wrong
    2- Ben- bench the malingerers for the rest of the season
    3- Start Webb in the second half of all remaining games.....Eli gets to play, but he must split games and weekly practices with Webb
    4- Enjoy the rest of the season....dont go conservative, have some fun with the remaining games- it might impress your next employer
    5- Beat the Cowboys and Eagles- give the fans something to smile about

Mara-
    4- Bring in a Football consultant like Vermeil, or Parcells right now- pay him well, it will be the best money you ever spent
    6- Freeze the roster until the consultant is in place.....letting Keenan Robinson go was mind blowing, Hankins too
    7- shake up the scouting department

Mara needs advice right now, and he does not need it from Ben or Jerry- they created this mess. Plus he will need the consultant to help pick the next GM, HC and run the draft
    Just want to comment on the bolded item 6. Robinson is not cut he is on IR.
    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Gettleman was despised by the players and other staffers in Carolina...Mara would never hire him. Pioli should get the first interview. That's assuming Reese gets fired which might not happen....should happen, but not the "Giant" way. Whatever that means at this point.

Comment

I don't get the fascination of bringing in giant retreads.
        If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
          I don't get the fascination of bringing in giant retreads.
          100% agree.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Kevin Abrams...our cap guy is one of the best in the business. We dont have any issues with our cap. Some of the deals we gave out are an issue, but that is on Reese. We can easily have close to $45-$50mil to spend next offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
              You do realize that Kevin Abrams...our cap guy is one of the best in the business. We dont have any issues with our cap. Some of the deals we gave out are an issue, but that is on Reese. We can easily have close to $45-$50mil to spend next offseason.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Cap handling is not our issue. I do feel Gettleman is a good talent evaluator though. He pretty much built that 15-1 Panther team other than Cam Newton and Jonathan Stewart. If they want to bring Gettleman in, his talent evaluation would be the reason why.
              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post

You do realize that Kevin Abrams...our cap guy is one of the best in the business. We dont have any issues with our cap. Some of the deals we gave out are an issue, but that is on Reese. We can easily have close to $45-$50mil to spend next offseason.
                Agree. Cap handling is not our issue. I do feel Gettleman is a good talent evaluator though. He pretty much built that 15-1 Panther team other than Cam Newton and Jonathan Stewart. If they want to bring Gettleman in, his talent evaluation would be the reason why.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but players in Carolina loathed Gettlemen and like Reese he doesnt prioritize the OL.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Agree. Cap handling is not our issue. I do feel Gettleman is a good talent evaluator though. He pretty much built that 15-1 Panther team other than Cam Newton and Jonathan Stewart. If they want to bring Gettleman in, his talent evaluation would be the reason why.
                  Yes, but players in Carolina loathed Gettlemen and like Reese he doesnt prioritize the OL. [/QUOTE]

I assumed perhaps wrongly that our limited cap space was due to mis management......I did not suggest Gettleman be hired to intract with players- good grief

We need a FOOTBALL consultant to advise Mara- No one on his staff is knowledgeable or not already part of the problem. Rather they are the people that got us in this incredible mess.........we need good football mind to help guide Mara through something he is ill equipped by himself to handle.........his handling so far has left a lot to be desired.....he needs to be less loyal to non performers.

I give the Knicks as an example. They ditched Jackson and within 6 months the 2 new guys have completely turned around the franchise

It doesent take a complete overhaul, just make the right moves

Right now the same old same old should be the team motto

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

Yes, but players in Carolina loathed Gettlemen and like Reese he doesnt prioritize the OL.
                    I assumed perhaps wrongly that our limited cap space was due to mis management......I did not suggest Gettleman be hired to intract with players- good grief

We need a FOOTBALL consultant to advise Mara- No one on his staff is knowledgeable or not already part of the problem. Rather they are the people that got us in this incredible mess.........we need good football mind to help guide Mara through something he is ill equipped by himself to handle.........his handling so far has left a lot to be desired.....he needs to be less loyal to non performers.

I give the Knicks as an example. They ditched Jackson and within 6 months the 2 new guys have completely turned around the franchise

It doesent take a complete overhaul, just make the right moves

Right now the same old same old should be the team motto[/QUOTE]

You mentioned to bring back Gettlemen to figure out the cap mess...of which we do not have. And Carolina under him was always one of the teams right up against the cap every year. There is a reason a good Carolina team canned Gettlemen. And the players did not have very good things to say about him.

Comment

Again those calling for Mara to send his whole management team packing leaves him with no one to bounce things off.

He needs to bring in a consultant (No not Tom), Fire Jerry, and then have that consultant help him find a new GM, HC, and whatever other staff he needs to make it through to March. I dont think Mr Mara wants to empty the building and make decisions in a vacumn

Comment

Last edited by Ghost; 11-17-2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X