X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 - Stop with the Nonsense

1. Mac A Doodle will be here
    2. Reese will be here
    3. They get one last chance, this is not the first or the last team to ever have a horrible year.
    4. They will finally address the O-Line - like I said, last chance
    5. Eli will still be QB
    6. Might possibly have the worse record by the end of this year.
    7. Will get to play the easiest schedule they have in a long time - kind of like the Panthers a couple years ago.;
    8. Will have a + 500 year
    9. Will make the playoffs and maybe Eli makes on last run at the big one.

Just my prediction - sure there are many who think they should blow it up but don't see that happening.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

A possible scenario for sure.

It's doubtful they can solve the O-line problem in one year.
    Fan since 1970.
    ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
    "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Based on what has transpired and the little bit of inside perspective we get from one of our board members, McAdoo is a dead man walking. Reese is most likely also out. Also out will be other key FO staff e.g. Marc Ross.

Comment

no.

it's been the same nonsense for too long with JR/scouting staff, they all need to be replaced they've been spinning their tires here long enough.

not 1 coach is going to survive what has transpired on and off the field this season, they have to go and i like spags but they all will go

your thread title stinks

Comment

Do the Giants have cap room to sign FA offensive lineman ?
          Plus, sign there own FA's. ( not Richburg ) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
            2. Reese will be here
            3. They get one last chance, this is not the first or the last team to ever have a horrible year.
            5. Eli will still be QB
            7. Will get to play the easiest schedule they have in a long time - kind of like the Panthers a couple years ago.;

Just my prediction - sure there are many who think they should blow it up but don't see that happening.
            What are you smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
              A possible scenario for sure.

It's doubtful they can solve the O-line problem in one year.
              well, they are already on their way...OL has played much better last 6 games...As Reese predicted Flowers has improved in this 3rd year...DJ Fluker has definitely helped and line is better with him...Jones is playing well....and now it looks like Wheeler will get a shot to start....so cant say OL is still bad or that nothing was done to improve it. Play of the OL has been in line with the NFL last 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post

well, they are already on their way...OL has played much better last 6 games...As Reese predicted Flowers has improved in this 3rd year...DJ Fluker has definitely helped and line is better with him...Jones is playing well....and now it looks like Wheeler will get a shot to start....so cant say OL is still bad or that nothing was done to improve it. Play of the OL has been in line with the NFL last 6 games.
                Funny thing is the OL got better because of injuries, not because of the HC.

Comment

2. Reese will be here
                  5. Eli will still be QB

Well, we have two choices! Blow it up or try one last time to get Eli another SB. As also a Knicks fan, I say blow it up and move on.
                  Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

2. Reese will be here
                    5. Eli will still be QB

1-I think you are incorrect and very much hope you are
                    2-I think you are right, but I have hope that you are not
                    3-This is not just one year for Reese
                    4-I find this unlikely
                    5-Yes, but I think it is most likely that they will use their top 5 pick this year to take a QB
                    6-Yes, and mathmatically, I don't think they are eliminated from the play-offs either, what's your point exactly?
                    7-True, so the record would look better with no actual improvement and extending Ben and Jerry's tenure if you are right with 1 and 2
                    8-You don't know that
                    9-You don't know that

So we should replace our previous nonsense with your new nonsense? Ok, I'll circulate the memo.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

1-I think you are incorrect and very much hope you are
                      2-I think you are right, but I have hope that you are not
                      3-This is not just one year for Reese
                      4-I find this unlikely
                      5-Yes, but I think it is most likely that they will use their top 5 pick this year to take a QB
                      6-Yes, and mathmatically, I don't think they are eliminated from the play-offs either, what's your point exactly?
                      7-True, so the record would look better with no actual improvement and extending Ben and Jerry's tenure if you are right with 1 and 2
                      8-You don't know that
                      9-You don't know that

So we should replace our previous nonsense with your new nonsense? Ok, I'll circulate the memo.
                      On his #7 it's only a last place Schedule for the 2 extra games. Other then that they play the same exact teams ever other NFCE team plays. So I don't see it as the easiest schedule they've had in a long time unless the two Divisions in the NFC & AFC they all have to play next year our weak

But what advantage is there for a team to play a last place Schedule when they got blown out by an 0-9 team? And lost to another winnless team at the time they played them ( Chargers )
                      So we're proving were the worst of the worst lol. What makes him think they can beat anyone on their schedule next year?
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

On his #7 it's only a last place Schedule for the 2 extra games. Other then that they play the same exact teams ever other NFCE team plays. So I don't see it as the easiest schedule they've had in a long time unless the two Divisions in the NFC & AFC they all have to play next year our weak

But what advantage is there for a team to play a last place Schedule when they got blown out by an 0-9 team? And lost to another winnless team at the time they played them ( Chargers )
                        So we're proving were the worst of the worst lol. What makes him think they can beat anyone on their schedule next year?
                        Yes you are correct about easy scheduling. Plus imo strength of schedule is overrated because its about matchups and in particular when you play them. Also the last place teams might actually be good the following year as well.

Comment

I would love to see a whole new scouting team - they have really bad at picking talent for way too many years.

Comment

It's kinda crazy that we might keep the HC after a season like this, not just W/L wise but all the other stuff we have going on.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Yes you are correct about easy scheduling. Plus imo strength of schedule is overrated because its about matchups and in particular when you play them. Also the last place teams might actually be good the following year as well.
                              Which is the case this year for teams thinking they had easy wins if Jax or the Rams & Bills. Heck even the Jets have been anything but easy to play this year, so your right, you never know.

Unless your playing the Browns every year lol
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X