perfect example of how stats can be misleading

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect example of how stats can be misleading

Ereck Flowers has not given up a sack since week 2 and has the highest active streak without a sack of any LT in the league

so stat people who love to stare at numbers on a page and not watch actual football might say ... hey this guy is much improved and may even be pretty damn good

... uuuhhh ... no

he is terrible and the same technique issues remain

if this coaching staff has done one thing right this entire season it is how they have schemed to mask the multiple weaknesses of Flowers ... and that goes heavily overlooked ... and rightfully so because this staff is a dumpster fire

but believe me ... the LT on this team is a huge issue and must be addressed moving forward ... and my fear is that whatever staff is in place next season will take stats like the one I mentioned above and think that there is actually potential in this guy

this position must be addressed ... and addressed as an absolute priority

it is getting clouded over right now because the defense is playing terribly and the offensive line with smoke and mirrors "looks" better .... it's not ... I promise you

hahahahaha....poor guy...when he plays bad he gets killed...when he plays well he still gets killed....

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
      hahahahaha....poor guy...when he plays bad he gets killed...when he plays well he still gets killed....
      the whole point of the post is that he hasn't played well

smoke and mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        Ereck Flowers has not given up a sack since week 2 and has the highest active streak without a sack of any LT in the league

so stat people who love to stare at numbers on a page and not watch actual football might say ... hey this guy is much improved and may even be pretty damn good

... uuuhhh ... no

if this coaching staff has done one thing right this entire season it is how they have schemed to mask the multiple weaknesses of Flowers ... and that goes heavily overlooked ... and rightfully so because this staff is a dumpster fire

but believe me ... the LT on this team is a huge issue and must be addressed moving forward ... and my fear is that whatever staff is in place next season will take stats like the one I mentioned above and think that there is actually potential in this guy

it is getting clouded over right now because the defense is playing terribly and the offensive line with smoke and mirrors "looks" better .... it's not ... I promise you

What should they do with flowers then? I feel like the giants were too stubborn to change his position. Which is crazy because they change everyone else on the line it seems line. He wasn't even drafted to be a left tackle to start. And several scouting reports said he could very well be a guard.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

... uuuhhh ... no

Well I'm going to have to hope that whoever we bring in is going to be able to watch game film and make an assessment. I know you know what you are talking about, I feel we should be able to have some small semblance of hope that someone being considered for the position will be able to make the same determination.

If they can't, then I think we are going to be having bigger problems.

I appreciate you bringing it up, I haven't been able to watch the last few weeks since I live in Dallas, and from all things I hear he was playing 'better than before.' So it's disheartening to hear that he isn't improving or would be salvageable at another position potentially.

Comment

Wheeler is starting at RT against Chiefs.
            Should, he do well and continue.
            Hopefully, they switch Flowers and Wheeler too give him LT experience.

Comment

... uuuhhh ... no

why would any "football" guy not be able to see through those stats if they are truly misleading??
              Last edited by GameTime; 11-17-2017, 02:28 PM.
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

... uuuhhh ... no

YA....why can't YOU work for the Giants????? I, for one, think you have such a great handle on our problems and issues!! I think you should apply for a position there.....Please???

Comment

Originally posted by gmart5 View Post

YA....why can't YOU work for the Giants????? I, for one, think you have such a great handle on our problems and issues!! I think you should apply for a position there.....Please???
                  Half the fans on this board could probably make better personnel decisions than Mara or Reese. That Flowers is terrible isn't exactly an eye opening assessment, much like predicting this team to be bad before the season started when the O-line wasn't addressed at all was not hard to see coming.

Comment

... uuuhhh ... no

Yeah Yeah Yeah....Manning continues to lead a stagnant offense because of Flowers. It's getting old dude....the o-line has improved through the season and we have an actual running attack.

Eli continues to be the true weakest link on this team, and as long as he plays, we shouldn't expect anything beyond mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

Half the fans on this board could probably make better personnel decisions than Mara or Reese. That Flowers is terrible isn't exactly an eye opening assessment, much like predicting this team to be bad before the season started when the O-line wasn't addressed at all was not hard to see coming.
                      my point is that it is getting buried under all the more recent nonsense and stats created by smoke and mirrors and as a result could once again overlooked

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue999 View Post

Yeah Yeah Yeah....Manning continues to lead a stagnant offense because of Flowers. It's getting old dude....the o-line has improved through the season and we have an actual running attack.

Eli continues to be the true weakest link on this team, and as long as he plays, we shouldn't expect anything beyond mediocrity.
                        ok

props for grasping the point... or at the very least completely missing it

did you hear that gust of wind ?

Comment

Really don't feel like Pulling and making gifs to discredit the NONSENSE. I actually pay attention to what is going on with the Offensive Line, he is playing very well actually. I think some fans have their mind made up on getting another Left Tackle but fans better learn quickly that Finding Franchise Left Tackles is not easy. Hell we haven't had a Franchise Left Tackle since probably Jumbo Elliot? After Jumbo it was guys like Lomas Brown, Roman Oben, Luke Pettigrout, David Diehl, Will Beatty I'm sure I'm missing a few but neither was All Pro Franchise Left Tackles. We NEED Flowers to get better and solidify that position instead of trying to start over with yet another Left Tackle who likely won't be any better.

Luke Joeckel, Greg Robinson, Johnathan Cooper, Chance Warmack...it has been some flat out BUST Lineman over the last few years to show you how hard it is to find Franchise Left Tackles and good Lineman PERIOD in a ERA in which Defensive Lineman are better and more athletic.
                          Last edited by Sicko; 11-17-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                            Really don't feel like Pulling and making gifs to discredit the NONSENSE. I actually pay attention to what is going on with the Offensive Line, he is playing very well actually. I think some fans have their mind made up on getting another Left Tackle but fans better learn quickly that Finding Franchise Left Tackles is not easy. Hell we haven't had a Franchise Left Tackle since probably Jumbo Elliot? After Jumbo it was guys like Lomas Brown, Roman Oben, Luke Pettigrout, David Diehl, Will Beatty I'm sure I'm missing a few but neither was All Pro Franchise Left Tackles. We NEED Flowers to get better to get better and solidify that position instead of trying to start over with yet another Left Tackle who likely won't be any better.

Luke Joeckel, Greg Robinson it has been some flat out BUST Lineman over the last few years to show you how hard it is to find Franchise Left Tackles
                            very very well huh ?

ok

put on the film .. his technique is absolutely awful and the team is forced to scheme around his shortcomings

his technique has not improved one bit ... zero ... he is being compensated for constantly and he still regularly misinterprets assignments

Comment

... uuuhhh ... no

Whoaaaaa thats a bit harsh......the guy is sackless for 6 straight games while Rome burns around him

Apparently its his run blocking that is at issue......I'm sure he would love to move to Guard but who would replace him?

Who has been helping him, Darkwa? It seems to me he is out there on an island
                              Last edited by BlueClue; 11-17-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X