X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Total GIGO.

Don't waste my time with this nonsense.

Mr. Grumpy doesn't get along with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

A new regime will address it because they have no vested interest in the pick
      I really hope so.

It boggles me that an org (the Giants) would seem to have more of a vested interest in their draft pick than in the success of their team. Flowers never should have been playing on the left side in his whole career. At best he is a bad RT - at least on that side his negatives wouldn’t impact to the degree they do now.

while there are many factors that have led his team to its current state, I believe that the Flowers pick is the “straw that broke the camels back.”

more than any other decision/action, picking Ereck Flowers is going to be what ends Jerry Reese’s tenure as GM

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Total GIGO.

Don't waste my time with this nonsense.

Your answer indicates to me that you are ok with Flowers being our starting left tackle next year. Am I correct?
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Your level of understanding is out of this world. "There are 4 downs and out of those 4, the offense uses 3 to gain the first down....." DERP.. i meant DEEP.
          Yeah that is right so our O-line's troubles means nothing because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Your answer indicates to me that you are ok with Flowers being our starting left tackle next year. Am I correct?
            In his way of thinking, If you blame Flowers then it absolves somebody he doesn't like.

Comment

I'm not sure about Flowers but just looking at the games it seems to me that the O line has been playing much better as a whole....especially since Jones has been on the field.
              We are running the ball much better for one thing.

To me...our biggest problems are on defense.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I mean theres really no argument Flowers can't be our starting LT going foward if we want to solidify and improve this oline. The one thing I'm thankful for is that he's no longer the penalty machine he was his first 2 years especially last year, maybe it's becuase he's cleaned it up, or maybe the refs pitty him IDK I haven't really looked at him.
                sigpic

Comment

Stats are not misleading, people's interpretation of them is what is misleading. Stats are what they are. For instance. Would you rather a QB that is 7 for 7 or one that is 7 for 10? Obvious choice is 7 for 7, but what if the three incompletes were to avoid sacks and the 7 for 7 QB took the sacks?

Bottom line is this line needs an upgrade and this will be the year it happens because it's one of our only holes.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

Not at all. My comments had nothing to do with Ereck.

Yesterday I was listening to some really interesting football discussion with Charlie Weis while driving. And wouldn’t you know but Charlie just so happened to discuss every option teams use to help out their left tackle.

After listening to Charlie talk football I was in fact taken aback by the suggestion in the OP.

I find the very idea of a new coaching staff coming is here and relying on stats over film study to be a ridiculous suggestion.

But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Was listening to Francessa today saying the same thing. He basically said if you put Dak behind the Giants OL Sunday he would not even finish the game.

Dak has had an OL and RB that gives him 2nd or 3rd and short constantly. This doesn't mean Dak doesn't have talent. It means he is in his second year and would have no chance with what we have on O right now.
                      Agree my point was that it's tough enough for a vet to get through the progressions in 2 or 2.5 seconds it's worse for a young guy to lose his run game then on top of it to try to rush his progressions,we saw what happened last week without Tyron Smith playing Dak was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

When JR was asked why he didn't sign Whitworth at the bye week press conference he said that it's because he wanted the team to "get younger." Meanwhile he signed a 33 year old WR who we didn't need if he was going to completely ignore the offensive line. Whitworth's contract wasn't even that crazy if you look at the guaranteed money. We might not have been able to sign Marshall or Ellison but it's not like they did anything for us this season anyway. I'm amazed people were praising the Ellison signing as a good move when it happened. Giving an 18 million dollar contract to a blocking TE with hands of granite is never a good move.
                        It's his MO build from the outside in,only in desperation will he draft linemen and linebackers first,now it bleeds into free agency,he's like a kid in a candy store i think he like those shiny cool toys,but doesn't get he needs glue to put it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

In his way of thinking, If you blame Flowers then it absolves somebody he doesn't like.
                          I’m sorry, I wasn’t even envisioning Eli at quarterback in thoughts of next year.

I’ve already moved on to his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Yes and his O-line is overated even when Smith was in there. This thread does 't tell the whole story and it has flaws. Look at Eli a statue and his O-line. He is getting protection. If not' then he should be more worse off than Prescott.
                            lol that are one of the top 5 OLs in the game and Smith when healthy might be the best Tackle whats over rated,in no way shape or form is the Giants OL even in the same universe as the cowboys,STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              I'm not sure about Flowers but just looking at the games it seems to me that the O line has been playing much better as a whole....especially since Jones has been on the field.
                              We are running the ball much better for one thing.

To me...our biggest problems are on defense.
                              I could argue that some of the problems with the D comes from playing with this O for a year and a half. At some point it has to get old constantly being on the field and knowing any big play you give up could mean the game because your team cant score points. We are 27th in TOP this year and were 29th last year. Not excusing the way the D has been playing, but maybe its time the O scored some points and took the pressure off in a game ?

And although the OL is "better," it's only a bit better than "really bad." The current lineup is a lot better run blocking, and we have seen some nice big running plays recently. But any third and long still results in a punt 90% of the time because the OL cannot keep anything close to a clean pocket when the opposing D knows they are going to throw.

Obviously the whole team has been playing badly. But IMO, the biggest problem is still the OL and offense in general.

Comment

Paul Ditino said on the podcast that there is nobody to replace Flowers at LT and he will probably be the LT next year as well. Bad year in FA as of now for LT in the league. Some guy named Soldier is breaking loose that's it. Maybe the position were in picking in the draft if there is a LT that's rated real high we could go get him but who knows yet.

We have a much better chance of making the other 4 positions on the O line stronger than we do at LT. So whatever their doing to make it work the last 7 games or so keep doing it cause were probably going to have to do it next year as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X