Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So King, Lewis Jr, Rudolph good enough for next yr plus Odell and Shep??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So King, Lewis Jr, Rudolph good enough for next yr plus Odell and Shep??

To be honest I have not really watched any games lately for no. 1 because I don't have DirecTV and didn't even bother with the red zone after the start to the season. Plus been working a lot of overtime and everything and finally back to normal schedule but from the highlights and everything I've seen it seems they are making some plays. Are they solid enough to for our 5 wide receivers next year or do one or two of them need to be replaced? I am certain that if a receiver is there at some point in the draft and has a much higher grade and upside and everything over an O lineman or linebacker they'll take him if we need another receiver or a potential starter or third wide receiver or whatever the case is.

also if we are picking top three to five and Saquan Barkley is there do we take him and grab the O lineman or linebacker in the second round?

Thoughts
    Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

IMO the WR's when healthy are the least of our problems. While I was disappointed with Marshall, to be fair nothing on offense was working.

I think Lewis and King are decent. Maybe by seasons end with more targets Rudolph gets better.

But I would be fine next season with Eli, the WR's, and Engram. What we need is a better OL and a stud RB......and while the OL is better recently and Darkwa is fine, if you do anything on offense you fix the OL and draft Eli's eventual replacement. Eli will be starting next year.

Edit: I do think the main issue with receivers is drops.....since last year.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      IMO the WR's when healthy are the least of our problems. While I was disappointed with Marshall, to be fair nothing on offense was working.

I think Lewis and King are decent. Maybe by seasons end with more targets Rudolph gets better.

But I would be fine next season with Eli, the WR's, and Engram. What we need is a better OL and a stud RB......and while the OL is better recently and Darkwa is fine, if you do anything on offense you fix the OL and draft Eli's eventual replacement. Eli will be starting next year.

Edit: I do think the main issue with receivers is drops.....since last year.
      We already have Eli's replacement, no need to draft another.

Comment

If you don't draft Eli's successor with the 3rd pick and you go get say Barkley you now have 3 playmakers in Barkley, OBJ, and Engram and then draft the best OL with the 3rd pick in the 2nd rd the 35th pick. Franchise Pugh for 1 year so you have the option of Guard or RT.

I don't really think I would mind going that way. I do think our WR corp is deep and King and Lewis are getting vast experience playing and starting every game. And I'm probably the only person on here that still wants to give Marshall another shot with us.

Comment

We lead the league in drops.

We were also close to the mark last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

We already have Eli's replacement, no need to draft another.
            According to YA former gm source, Webb is not going to be the future qb for th giants.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
              We lead the league in drops.

We were also close to the mark last year.
              Darwka can't catch either lol.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

According to YA former gm source, Webb is not going to be the future qb for th giants.
                Take that with a grain of salt..

Until he puts his product on the field, no one truly knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

how would he/they know if they don't see what the guy has to offer??
                  Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                    If you don't draft Eli's successor with the 3rd pick and you go get say Barkley you now have 3 playmakers in Barkley, OBJ, and Engram and then draft the best OL with the 3rd pick in the 2nd rd the 35th pick. Franchise Pugh for 1 year so you have the option of Guard or RT.

I don't really think I would mind going that way. I do think our WR corp is deep and King and Lewis are getting vast experience playing and starting every game. And I'm probably the only person on here that still wants to give Marshall another shot with us.
                    **** Marshall lmao. I just never really had a love for the guy. And the drops he had with us only Amplified that

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Take that with a grain of salt..

Until he puts his product on the field, no one truly knows.
                      Of course. But I trust charley casserly opinion. Add that to the fact he hasnt even dressed yet, it doesnt look good. But things can changem And does anyone have any faith in a Reese 3rd round draft pick? I sure as hell don't.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by myronguyton3 View Post

how would he/they know if they don't see what the guy has to offer??
                        All gms can do is try to project what a player will do in the NFL. Like I said to the other poster I trust that former gm more than I do jr.
                        [SIGPIC]

Comment

neither are anything special be lucky to make the roster next season

Comment

I'm ready to let Vareen walk. He was under-utilized in this offense and it was a wasted signing....Plus his injuries.

If we draft a RB, could we move Paul Perkins? Darkwa and Gallman should stay.
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                              I'm ready to let Vareen walk. He was under-utilized in this offense and it was a wasted signing....Plus his injuries.

If we draft a RB, could we move Paul Perkins? Darkwa and Gallman should stay.
                              I agree with all this.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                              X