Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So King, Lewis Jr, Rudolph good enough for next yr plus Odell and Shep??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Don't shoot the messenger. But that's what a gm is supposed to do project the future. And like I said in other posts does anyone really have any faith in a Reese 3rd round draft pick?
    Well by your premise those that don't have faith in Reese's 3rd rounder probably doesn't have much faith in ANY of his picks lol. And so basically should they have had faith in the Odell pick when it occured?

I mean I must admit I didn't watch much college fb and didn't know who Odell was really. I know that most wanted us to take a tall WR and not sure if that was the same year Laquan Treadwell came out but I remember his name a lot pre draft. I believe he was a yr before or after Odell though.
    Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

Comment

Originally posted by myronguyton3 View Post

Well by your premise those that don't have faith in Reese's 3rd rounder probably doesn't have much faith in ANY of his picks lol. And so basically should they have had faith in the Odell pick when it occured?

I mean I must admit I didn't watch much college fb and didn't know who Odell was really. I know that most wanted us to take a tall WR and not sure if that was the same year Laquan Treadwell came out but I remember his name a lot pre draft. I believe he was a yr before or after Odell though.
      It's a well known fact that Reeses 3rd round draft picks have been horrible. His 1st and 2nd round picks have been solid, but almost all seem to get hurt for extended periods of time. Ie odell, jpp, Prince, nicks the list could go on and on
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

I think the Giants should look to add a late round WR with some size to the mix or a vet who can play outside if they decide to move on from Marshall (which they should if he doesn't want to play for close to the vet min).

OBJ-Shep-Lewis-Acquisition-Rudolph

Comment

It's a well known fact that Reeses 3rd round draft picks have been horrible. His 1st and 2nd round picks have been solid, but almost all seem to get hurt for extended periods of time. Ie odell, jpp, Prince, nicks the list could go on and on
          That is the way of the NFL though. Think of all of the current NFL superstars and you can probably find at least one season in their career where they missed significant time due to injury. I think the Giants just seem to be a bit more unlucky.

Comment

To be honest I have not really watched any games lately for no. 1 because I don't have DirecTV and didn't even bother with the red zone after the start to the season. Plus been working a lot of overtime and everything and finally back to normal schedule but from the highlights and everything I've seen it seems they are making some plays. Are they solid enough to for our 5 wide receivers next year or do one or two of them need to be replaced? I am certain that if a receiver is there at some point in the draft and has a much higher grade and upside and everything over an O lineman or linebacker they'll take him if we need another receiver or a potential starter or third wide receiver or whatever the case is.

also if we are picking top three to five and Saquan Barkley is there do we take him and grab the O lineman or linebacker in the second round?

Thoughts
            No....No, at least 1 needs to be replaced....Yes we take Saquan then go best OLineman in the 2nd, followed by best defensive player in the 3rd.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger. But that's what a gm is supposed to do project the future. And like I said in other posts does anyone really have any faith in a Reese 3rd round draft pick?
              Did Charlie Casserly have prior discussions with Giants management first concerning Webb?

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/n...bro-1700488560

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Move him as in trade him? Why would a team trade for him when would likely cut him anyway?

Seriously why would any team give us a draft pick for Perkins based on what he has put on tape?
                Perkins would be good behind a good OL. But he can't do his thing on the Giants
                Long Live the King

Comment

he does and for him to say that he is better than Engram is an absolute Atrocity lmfao
                  What does Engram do better than Marshall? Not one thing.
                  Catching the ball? No
                  Route running? No
                  Run Blocking? No
                  Is he much smaller than Marshall? Yes

Thanks for playing.
                  Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                  X