Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strange confidence in Eli going into the season

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Have to agree here. My theory has always been that wonky throwing motion of his requires a lot torque from his lower half. Since his knee injury in their last playoff year he hasn't been the same and worse year by year.
    You're agreeing with pure babble. In 2009 Rivers had 28 TDs and 9 Int and QBR of 104.4 in 2010 he had 30 TDs and 13 Int and QBR of 101.8. In 2012 without VJ and with an aging Gates and an awful Oline he had 26 TDs and 15 Int and a QBR of 88.6 and a 64% completion rate. It was his second lowest QBR since becoming a starter.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 06-19-2013, 02:27 PM.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      For the record....Casino's ruin lives.

      Just sayin'......
      Casinos employee a lot of people
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        The reason I don't see it as spoiled is because he is doing what's best for his career. Perhaps Eli could have gone about it in a different way.

        Play out your rookie deal and move on, though it's hard to argue with the end result.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

        http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Casinos employee a lot of people
          It takes plenty of folks to ruin lives.
          Unfortunately, I've seen it up close.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            Play out your rookie deal and move on, though it's hard to argue with the end result.
            I think it's easier said than done, especially if you're not in his position.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              You're agreeing with pure babble. In 2009 Rivers had 28 TDs and 9 Int and QBR of 104.4 in 2010 he had 30 TDs and 13 Int and QBR of 101.8. In 2012 without VJ and with an aging Gates and an awful Oline he had 26 TDs and 15 Int and a QBR of 88.6 and a 64% completion rate. It was his second lowest QBR since becoming a starter.
              +1. Rivers had a down year last year, but he was still very good. He's been struggling relative to his previous success, but compared to everyone else, he's still been playing great.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

              Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                I think it's easier said than done, especially if you're not in his position.
                Trying to make demands on who drafts you is very bad form.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • its funny when another QB has a 26td 15 int QBR in the 80's type season, they arent very good but when its eli year in and year out numbers he is a HOF QB. i guess its all perception.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                    Bo Jackson did same thing with TB
                    Bo's situation was a bit different. Bo felt TB tried to sabotage his baseball career.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Trying to make demands on who drafts you is very bad form.
                      I didn't see it as a demand, he just didn't want to play for them. He asked them not to draft them and they did anyway.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        Bo's situation was a bit different. Bo felt TB tried to sabotage his baseball career.
                        Too bad Bo didn't just stay in baseball. Probably would have had a great career.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          its funny when another QB has a 26td 15 int QBR in the 80's type season, they arent very good but when its eli year in and year out numbers he is a HOF QB. i guess its all perception.
                          It's funny when Eli wins not one but two Super Bowls his fans still question if he's a good player.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            Bo's situation was a bit different. Bo felt TB tried to sabotage his baseball career.
                            that may be but he used baseball like Elway to not go to a team he didn't want to be with......not saying either was wrong
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                            1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              I didn't see it as a demand, he just didn't want to play for them. He asked them not to draft them and they did anyway.
                              "Asking" in this case is the same thing as demanding.
                              SD did the right thing by drafting him as they got the guy they wanted plus a first and a 4th.
                              The whole thing was unseemly.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by primetime View Post
                                It's funny when Eli wins not one but two Super Bowls his fans still question if he's a good player.
                                I have never heard a single Giants fan question as to whether or not Eli was a good player.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X